Latest software update

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 08:30 AM
kaboobie
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Latest software update

Hi All,

My dealer has informed me that the latest software update for the 991 GT3 is available. I'm not sure what version it is. Has anyone updated this yet ? and feedback ?
Old 05-21-2016, 08:35 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting. I'II have to check in with my dealer. Thank you for the update.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:41 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

What's included in the update?
Old 05-22-2016, 12:56 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
What's included in the update?
I just got an update on May 19th. It's the first and only update for my 2015 GT3 (built in Dec 2014). Here's the description:
Recode Svc Interval
The coding of the interval for the oil change service is incorrectly interpreted by the instrument cluster. As a result, the corresponding warning is not displayed in the instrument cluster with regard to the due date of an oil service change. Although the interval for a required oil change has already been reached.
Recode the service interval as per campaign WF38 and update the warranty and maintenance booklet if necessary
I looked in the booklet and saw that the tech had applied stick-on replacement pages over pages 15 & 16. (Oddly the tech stuck a metric (km instead of miles) page, page number 18, over my original page number 16. I think that was a mistake. I don't recall what my original page 16 and I can't peel off the stick-on page "18"). Anyhow, below are photos of both pages. Note the 6000 mile or 12 months oil change requirement. You'll also see that it includes GT3RS and GT4 maintenance intervals.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:04 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,765 Likes on 4,768 Posts

This recall was issued late 2015, if I recall correctly.

The dealer should have recoded the software and provided new service interval sheets for the manual during the recall. That's how mine was done anyway.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:17 PM
CALSE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A couple of weeks ago, I was told that I had got a DME/PDK software update, and a fuel regulator module replacement as part of the latest advisory.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:05 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Hmm need to call my dealership and look into this I guess
Old 05-22-2016, 03:40 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
I just got an update on May 19th. It's the first and only update for my 2015 GT3 (built in Dec 2014). Here's the description:
Recode Svc Interval
The coding of the interval for the oil change service is incorrectly interpreted by the instrument cluster. As a result, the corresponding warning is not displayed in the instrument cluster with regard to the due date of an oil service change. Although the interval for a required oil change has already been reached.
Recode the service interval as per campaign WF38 and update the warranty and maintenance booklet if necessary
I looked in the booklet and saw that the tech had applied stick-on replacement pages over pages 15 & 16. (Oddly the tech stuck a metric (km instead of miles) page, page number 18, over my original page number 16. I think that was a mistake. I don't recall what my original page 16 and I can't peel off the stick-on page "18"). Anyhow, below are photos of both pages. Note the 6000 mile or 12 months oil change requirement. You'll also see that it includes GT3RS and GT4 maintenance intervals.

They finally realised what the common sense here suggested long time ago
a oil n filter change every 5k miles on a competition engine is intuitive

when they will underline break-in procedure
and anti crap gas directions for dummies?
Old 05-22-2016, 05:11 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CALSE
A couple of weeks ago, I was told that I had got a DME/PDK software update, and a fuel regulator module replacement as part of the latest advisory.
Interesting. Wonder if this is related to the PDK shift issue many of us have experienced when fuel is low. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Latest software update