Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Premier dealers list for 2016

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 02:41 PM
ezdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm betting that Porsche is happy with those on that list ... even if customers of those dealers may not be. The list is not called the "Customer top dealer picks" for some reason...

Danbury Porsche is a top dealership in my book. Have had some dealings with the former Brumos Porsche but I can't say that I was impressed ... probably because I'm not Jerry Seinfeld.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:53 PM
The New 911
Pro

Originally Posted by neanicu
I was under the impression that PCNA is the governing authority who rates these dealers according to many factors already mentioned in this thread. What are the incentives that make a dealer strive for achieving the " Premier Dealer " status,if not for more allocations? Especially GT cars and limited edition. These cars do not constitute the main income of a particular dealership,but they certainly promote the Porsche brand and any sane management would want to have as many as possible pass through their doors.
This List Should be a mixture of PCNA's, they get 25% of the total vote, Statistics of all of the Numbers gathered throughout the year from each Dealership should be let known to the Porsche-Philes. And 75% of the vote should go to the People who have bought cars New or Old from the dealer's. And a sample of people know to Porsche as being Porsche People like those invited to the Zentrum during Pebble in Carmel as well as those who get invitations to track days and PCNA ride along invites with Porsche Driving Instructor's who are basically taken people around racing tracks to scare Women and make Men laugh to show them how a new Porsche can do and be enjoyed if driven at 9/10ths to 10/10ths (for the men)!

I mean SiHt Champion wasn't even on the list. But I've never been there but they create and develop modified Porsches like the 997 Works1 Turbo that they painted blue and essentially was there test bed for developing new modifications. Would think Beverly Hills would be on the list too! But every time I've been there I would be greeted by a salesperson within a few minutes, all of the salespeople know their product very, very well and can actually be engaging when they know you know their product as well as them! This has always tripped me out because one would think that salespeople at a Porsche Dealership in the 90210 would react as positively as they do. Most would think they would react differently because of the Snooty Area. I don't know if it's my knowledge of the cars, which generally means you have been looking into purchasing a new car.

But if you go outside and turn south on Robberson and go into the Lamborghini dealership it seems like the salespeople try to keep a 50 foot barrier between you and themselves. I like their cars but they treat you like you stuck your index finger in your butt and you're trying to get them to smell it. Very rude...
Old 05-18-2016, 03:03 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by The New 911
This List Should be a mixture of PCNA's, they get 25% of the total vote, Statistics of all of the Numbers gathered throughout the year from each Dealership should be let known to the Porsche-Philes. And 75% of the vote should go to the People who have bought cars New or Old from the dealer's. .
So you think that a privately-owned business (dealer) should be required to disclose it's finances and operations to John Q. Public, and that their publicly-traded supplier shouldn't make decisions based on their own analyses and business acumen, but rather based primarily on the opinions of a small segment of their customer base? BTW, what makes you think that PCNA isn't considering the opinions of their customer base? I guarantee you that for every person who says 'XYZ dealer sucks!', there are 10 that say just the opposite. These dealers wouldn't stay in business if that weren't the case.

Funny how some people on here think Carlsen is the devil incarnate, yet they have an incredibly loyal following of Porsche customers and they do huge business year in and year out.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by RupeTN
I wish it was just the opposite Mayur !! I had a little hope that Chattanooga might get one of those mysterious "extra" RS allocations I have been reading about on the forum. Of course....... it is a very self-centered interest.

That's the rub with a small market dealer. But I guess it cuts both ways. I wouldn't think Chattanooga would ever do the volume of Rusnak or Pacific Porsche, or any other large market dealer. Then again, in those markets you have a more customers competing for their more allocations.

Sure have learned a lot in the past year. Never knew it would be so hard to buy a car.
Agree with you R! I would have thought there'd be some benefit to the dealership and their customers. Not always so. I asked my sales person at Cha what the benefit was and his answer... "new business cards and status!".
Old 05-18-2016, 03:17 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

My " experience " is with my dealer. They're on the list and they get a ridiculous high amount of GT allocations. Good for them and me,but what's the explanation? I can bet that being a Premier dealer is part of the reason...

P.S. I should add : they are very touchy with customer satisfaction surveys for sales and service. They want you to be completely satisfied when you leave there. PCNA gets the customer's survey directly and will share it with the dealer if you authorize it. That definitely has to count when it comes to Premier dealer ratings.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts

I agree with The New 911. Champion should be on the list. I have purchased many cars from them. I have always been treated well and with respect. The price of the car has always been fair. In addition, for such a large dealership, where the "owner" is usually nowhere to be found, the owner of Champion is not in some back office but on the sales floor everyday making sure the customer comes first.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:23 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Suitcase
I agree with The New 911. Champion should be on the list. I have purchased many cars from them. I have always been treated well and with respect. The price of the car has always been fair. In addition, for such a large dealership, where the "owner" is usually nowhere to be found, the owner of Champion is not in some back office but on the sales floor everyday making sure the customer comes first.
I would think a dealer who is upgrading at PCNA wishes gets an extra look. Pretty expensive for the franchisee. Point being I could see a dealer spending the money to get onto the list for the sake of being a Premier store.

Pretty strong having the dealer on the floor everyday. Probably why they are either #1/2 with Beverly Hills Porsche in units sold. (at least 1/2 10 yrs ago)
Old 05-18-2016, 05:37 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I was under the impression based on something a dealer SA told me a while back that the single biggest factor in being a premium dealer was sales. You sell more cars, you get better status, period. Not true?

And anecdotal comments about dealers are basically useless. You could find people who have great things to say about the worst dealerships out there and some with awful things to say about the best ones. Good dealerships prosper and bad ones typically don't. Remember the old saying about meeting an ******* first thing in the morning versus meeting them all day.
If it was by sales then the following stealers would have made the list...Champion, Beverly Hills, and my personal favorite stealer Auto Gallery. So it's not weighted heavily towards sales.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:59 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

I can't vouch for the sales group (I defer to Sean on that one...), but the service department at Hennessey was awesome when I needed help getting back on the road during the spring trip. They were awesome getting things done so I could get back on the road.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:54 PM
The New 911
Pro

Originally Posted by Archimedes
So you think that a privately-owned business (dealer) should be required to disclose it's finances and operations to John Q. Public, and that their publicly-traded supplier shouldn't make decisions based on their own analyses and business acumen, but rather based primarily on the opinions of a small segment of their customer base? BTW, what makes you think that PCNA isn't considering the opinions of their customer base? I guarantee you that for every person who says 'XYZ dealer sucks!', there are 10 that say just the opposite. These dealers wouldn't stay in business if that weren't the case.

Funny how some people on here think Carlsen is the devil incarnate, yet they have an incredibly loyal following of Porsche customers and they do huge business year in and year out.
Well as being over spoke I am I didn't wan t to go beyond such as what you mentioned.

The information we would seek is Sales for new and old cars and any repeat buyers buying from the same dealership again and again. Sans Money figures, after aII we do not need sales registers with prices etecera... beside I don't know of any Porsche Dealership's that are traded publically to the point where the dealerships would have to be registered with the SEC for obvious reasons. No need for finacials at all, beside like what you said a good portion of the the voter's would lack the fincial, bookkeeping and accounting schooling needed to make sense of what they are voting on.

I was a whee bit ambiguous, which wasn't my intententions to begin with, bout opening their books. In retrospect I should have been more clear of not needing revenue or loss figures OR any finacial data of any sort.
Thanks for pointing that out...
Old 05-18-2016, 09:10 PM
Carsly
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Not surprisingly, not a single dealer from NJ on the list.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:32 PM
soupy
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 22 Posts

Good, no DC Metro dealer on this list because none of them deserve it.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:34 PM
syzygetic
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by soupy
Good, no DC Metro dealer on this list because none of them deserve it.
Indeed. My experiences in Towson and Annapolis have been abysmal so far.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:40 PM
The New 911
Pro

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
If it was by sales then the following stealers would have made the list...Champion, Beverly Hills, and my personal favorite stealer Auto Gallery. So it's not weighted heavily towards sales.
So both Campion and Beverly Hills, which all I have had are positive experiences, are considered Stealership? Though I have yet to buy a car from Beverly Hills.

I think Auto Gallery is a damn fine STEALERSHIP! I think they have had more 991g GT3s/GT3RSs than any other stealership. Neaarly buying a low miles RS at full retail and then bring it to their lot and add $50Ks ontop of that price and they sell it the next day due to location - more money than brains some them cusstmers.

And finally for Auto Gallery... the one thing I hate about is they just happen to be the Southern California Dealership for Pagani Motor Co. Though if you buy a Huayra from them one of the steps to ordering the car is to take a trip to Italy to have the car made to your desires and ideas. Each car is bespoke to it's owners. But after you make final payment and finally get the car home, then Auto Gallery will refund the total cost to Italy to get your car outfitted.

It takes about €500K to get the car building started. Then after about six months there is another payment of €500K PLUS some change to get her completed... then finally when car is delevered to Auto Galleria there is the last payment of over €275K and whatever is owed to both Horatio Pagani and the dealership the Huayra is yours. And being the auto galleria they are I imagine they will try to stiff you out of 10% to 15% of your Italy reimbursement. That's ths th
Type of game they play....
Old 05-18-2016, 10:10 PM
Black gold
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
-Porsche of Salt Lake City
-Sonnen Porsche,Ca
-Porsche of Ann Harbor,Mi
-Park Place Porsche,Tx
-Pacific Porsche,Ca
-Porsche Atlanta Perimeter
-Isringhausen Imports,Il
-Bluegrass Motorsport,Ky
-Carlsen Porsche,Ca
-Brumos Porsche,Fl
-Jackie Cooper Imports,Ok
-Hennessy Porsche,Ga
-Porsche of Walnut Creek,Ca
-Porsche of The Main Line,Pa
-Porsche of Fairfield,Ct
-Porsche of Melbourne,Fl
-Porsche of Boise,Id
-Porsche of Spokane,Wa
-Porsche of Colorado Springs,Co
-Porsche of North Scottsdale,Az
-Rusnak,Ca
-The Porsche Exchange,Il
-Porsche Centre Oakville,Canada
-Porsche Centre Winnipeg,Canada
-Porsche Centre Vancouver,Canada
-Danbury Porsche,Ct
-Porsche of North Houston,Tx
-Porsche of Chattanooga,Tn
Wow I can't believe pfaff isn't on this list, I'll bet they're one of the largest volume dealers in North America.

Quick Reply: Porsche Premier dealers list for 2016