Porsche Premier dealers list for 2016

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 02:09 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,953 Likes on 555 Posts

This is hilarious. What I have always critiqued: lack of transparency.

Mooty mentioned a story about a dealer returning long standing deposits and saying "each car is up for auction" - that is poor business practice. I tell people the truth when they ask me for allocations- plenty of people can chime in as the PM me and get this response: I made the list in Feb/March 17 based on past and current purchases. If you are hitting up a dealer after a launch it's too late unless you are buying so many cars they have to help.

I've been in RL for over a decade. Of course once "one of us" gets a dealership it's a cause for conversation. Sure it's a tiny store. But hey CW you want to throw stats out- we grew 11th fastest in the country last year. Easier to buy small and grow a small store than a big one! Gotta start somewhere. I'm 37.

As always I am transparent about my identity and my motives. Very simple! Grow my store. Fund the race team. Make my customers happy. My tactic is to either sell my allocated cars at msrp OR if a buyer tells me to go get him a car, I present him with options.

Some dealers are owned by huge corps that don't care about anything other than line 340 on the Reynolds statement.

As always I address the criticism straight up: one guy- from LA- consigned me his GT3. I sold to a local customer.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:19 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Better to buy a fair priced dealership with huge potential, than overpay for one with little upside.

The smart guys see the potential on undervalued businesses, and capitalize on it. The buyers market is getting bigger and stretching across the country with the internet and cross country delivery. Not to mention, winning back local buyers with a fresh new way of doing business. C.J. gets it and is making it work. Best of luck

* By the way, I haven't bought my last 4-5 cars locally. All out of state. With observing buying patterns on Hot for Sale over the past 3 years, it's VERY common. Buyers shop nationwide.

Porsche Fresno for the GOLD

https://porschefresno.com
Old 02-25-2018, 02:38 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,953 Likes on 555 Posts

Well more accurately PFresno for the PTS. Lol
Old 02-25-2018, 08:18 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
This is hilarious. What I have always critiqued: lack of transparency.

Mooty mentioned a story about a dealer returning long standing deposits and saying "each car is up for auction" - that is poor business practice. I tell people the truth when they ask me for allocations- plenty of people can chime in as the PM me and get this response: I made the list in Feb/March 17 based on past and current purchases. If you are hitting up a dealer after a launch it's too late unless you are buying so many cars they have to help.

I've been in RL for over a decade. Of course once "one of us" gets a dealership it's a cause for conversation. Sure it's a tiny store. But hey CW you want to throw stats out- we grew 11th fastest in the country last year. Easier to buy small and grow a small store than a big one! Gotta start somewhere. I'm 37.

As always I am transparent about my identity and my motives. Very simple! Grow my store. Fund the race team. Make my customers happy. My tactic is to either sell my allocated cars at msrp OR if a buyer tells me to go get him a car, I present him with options.

Some dealers are owned by huge corps that don't care about anything other than line 340 on the Reynolds statement.

As always I address the criticism straight up: one guy- from LA- consigned me his GT3. I sold to a local customer.
lots of gibberish and many ppl with too much time.
i only speak from what i experienced. and i am a pretty fair person those who met me
CJ cannot get everyone a car at msrp
he never said he could
i asked point blank for a GT2RS, he told me he can't b/c he has none.
it wasn't like he asked for deposit and BS me around.
if he hasn't any or if he has a bigger customer who spends 10MM a year with him, well i certainly understand.
when someone tells you he cannot deliver b/c he knew he can't then it's ok
it's only problematic when he tells you he CAN deliver then fk it up due to greed... that would be a problem.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:31 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

I don't have a dog own this fight but it seems to me we should follow internet blog guidelines. Not everything posted is true or accurate. A wise and experienced participant should welcome all points of view, process them and if appropriate draw their own conclusions. The last thing I would want on this blog or any other blog is to shut down discussions by attacking posters for their views. Let civility rein while posters expressions opinions for all to digest.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:55 AM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,234 Likes on 754 Posts

you guys might think about getting over yourselves........

thread closed...........

Quick Reply: Porsche Premier dealers list for 2016