Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   You pull into the shopping center with your GT3 / RS (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/934054-you-pull-into-the-shopping-center-with-your-gt3-rs.html)

robmypro 05-13-2016 02:36 AM

You pull into the shopping center with your GT3 / RS

You decide to take your GT3 / RS out and stop at a shopping center. How do you deal with your beloved Porsche exposed in public?

For the first month I went nowhere near crowds with my car. Then we'd stop somewhere, and I'd just wait in the car. Today, I found a good place to park, and walked around while keeping an eye on her.

What do you do in these situations?

Edit: Poll should say How do you react...sorry, don't see how to edit that.

lumber 05-13-2016 02:40 AM

I park right between two mini vans. I don't obsess about where I park anymore.

And when you park all alone far away, it seems like you attract the attention of those that want to mess with you anyway...so you can't win

-eztrader- 05-13-2016 03:39 AM

Just a car.....if I had to worry about parking it in a shopping center...I would probably sell it

Hashlak 05-13-2016 07:40 AM

I generally try and park in safe places when im in the RS. If I know where I am going has bad parking space, its much more convenient to take the G wagon and leave it on the sidewalk lol.

However, Lumber has a point. I feel everytime I go out of the way to keep the car away from crowds etc etc, the opposite happens :/

Jpacione 05-13-2016 08:20 AM

I have other cars for the mall. But if I'm on a road trip and we want to stop off at the mall, just pick a safe spot. My experience is that people in general are lazy so parking really far out helps. Once parked, forget about it. Nothing more to do.

Jpacione 05-13-2016 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by AC SATCO (Post 13283754)
this

and if you park in the furthest spot and someone is so miserable they still need to mess with your car, then its just not your day and the car-gods have spoken. do your best to handle the situation with class and move on, life is good, were the lucky ones, it sucks but theres only so much you can control.

A wise man once said "Money doesn't buy happiness............with that said I'd rather cry in my Porsche than cry on the bus"

LOL. Love it.

16'991GT3 05-13-2016 08:50 AM

My mall has a parking garage with an area for a hand wash business, I park there, and sometimes get the car cleaned by them always safe!

autobahnA8 05-13-2016 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Hashlak (Post 13283701)
I generally try and park in safe places when im in the RS. If I know where I am going has bad parking space, its much more convenient to take the G wagon and leave it on the sidewalk lol.

However, Lumber has a point. I feel everytime I go out of the way to keep the car away from crowds etc etc, the opposite happens :/

^exactly. If i know parking will be sketchy i take my G and let others fight over who wants to slam their door into my steel running boards.

Otherwise i just try to find an end spot, but i dont stress over it. Just a car.

Or you do this and take up two spots when you take your 918 grocery shopping (not mine - i wish!):

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...60c783ece.jpeg

RealityGT 05-13-2016 09:23 AM

^If you park like that, then you deserve what happens to you.

meaker 05-13-2016 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by lumber
I park right between two mini vans. I don't obsess about where I park anymore.

And when you park all alone far away, it seems like you attract the attention of those that want to mess with you anyway...so you can't win

So true. I used to park my Porsches out and away from everything but when I came back from shopping there would be a car on every side of it. Best to find a wide space between 2 cars and park there.

BK77 05-13-2016 10:57 AM

No matter what I'm driving or where I'm going I always park out in the boonies, not bc I'm afraid of door dings just bc I enjoy walking:)

But it is funny how there's always seems to be a raced out Honda or scion parked next to me when I come back :roflmao:

rk-d 05-13-2016 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by autobahnA8 (Post 13283840)
^exactly. If i know parking will be sketchy i take my G and let others fight over who wants to slam their door into my steel running boards.

Otherwise i just try to find an end spot, but i dont stress over it. Just a car.

Or you do this and take up two spots when you take your 918 grocery shopping (not mine - i wish!):

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...60c783ece.jpeg

Bad idea. Asking for trouble with that.

abcut973 05-13-2016 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by RealityGT (Post 13283855)
^If you park like that, then you deserve what happens to you.

lol! Went to Olive garden the other day and a guy parked his Z06 right in between 2 parking spots! My thought was "you are looking for trouble".
So many jealous/envious/non sense people on earth that it will actually hurt you more.
Rarely when I drive the Black Series to a shopping mall I park away from the main entrance/crowd whenever I can otherwise I don't sweat it.

Brosef 05-13-2016 01:14 PM

I always park within the lines but far enough away that the spots won't get filled during the time it's parked there. it's only when you take up two spots that people think you're a douche. no door dings or people who have F'd with my car yet (knock on wood).

the extra walk is good exercise, and it also gives you an opportunity to stare down the car on the way back (win win).

CAlexio 05-13-2016 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by abcut973
lol! Went to Olive garden the other day it.

There's your first problem.