Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What do you react when you take your GT3 / RS shopping?
Are you nuts? My car NEVER goes to the shopping mall.
17.78%
On those rare occasions, I stay in the car.
1.11%
I will park somewhere safe, and keep an eye on her at all times.
9.44%
I don't really worry too much, but I occasionally check on her.
15.00%
I park the car in a safe spot, and don't give the safety of my car another thought.
56.67%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

You pull into the shopping center with your GT3 / RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 10:48 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Graville
This. The show pony would not park between the minivans, the driver would.
That's one way of seeing it. The other way is you don't park a throughbred amongst flea bitten beasts of burden unless you want fleas.

Driving to the mall does not a "driver" make. At least not by my definition. Neither driving in snow.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:10 PM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Shadow of the notorious shopping cart is lurking on the right. They don't discriminate on make, model or number spots taken.

Last edited by zumaron; 05-17-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:34 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 517 Posts

When I had my Aston it stalled and I couldn't restart it (because it was an Aston). I got out and pushed it into a spot, but the best I could do by myself was get it on the line, taking up two spaces. I put the hazards on while I was waiting for a tow truck. Does that make me or the car the A-hole?
Old 05-15-2016, 09:55 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Dr. G
When I had my Aston it stalled and I couldn't restart it (because it was an Aston). I got out and pushed it into a spot, but the best I could do by myself was get it on the line, taking up two spaces. I put the hazards on while I was waiting for a tow truck. Does that make me or the car the A-hole?
Neither. Exingent circumstances.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:18 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see parking next to a minivan so bad, if you think about it those doors don't go out they go back so the doors won't sing your car up, just gotta hope the kids coming out don't hit the car
Old 05-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Desert_dude
Track Day

Originally Posted by Waxer
Worse yet, we bought those for them. All our $$$ for oil and they still hate us.

Drill baby!
Stupid comment.

The most of the people which i met in my nearly 11 Years in Middle east don't hate Americans as people but hate the US Government.

Especially here in the UAE the Emiratis are very open minded and are big Car Guys.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:58 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Desert_dude
Stupid comment.

The most of the people which i met in my nearly 11 Years in Middle east don't hate Americans as people but hate the US Government.

Especially here in the UAE the Emiratis are very open minded and are big Car Guys.
Stupid comment? Really? Then let your countries and governments pony up $$$ and troops to clean up the mess in the middle east. The constant chit show in the middleast accounts for I would estmate 90% of the world problems. You say "Most" hate our Government but not us? LOL. Glad you make that distinction but it doesn't seem to carry through in real life does it? Seems like Jews are on the chit list too. If you hate our Government so much don't call next time despotic leaders in the middleast invade. Handle it yourselves. We're busy.

Stupid? Really. No...Fact. Deal with it.

Last edited by Waxer; 05-16-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:30 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 568 Posts

I parked for almost two years every day in a parking lot of a commuter train station (BART) in Oakland (always under a roof - do not like sun baking the paint). Nothing really happened. Well, actually, once I found a bunch of small rocks on/around car with no damage to the car - seems like they hit film-coated windshield. I changed my regular spot from an outside corner spot to an inside spot.

After that had only one incident where I come back from work and see a Honda Pilot truck with wheels sticking into my spot and paint transfer from the car on one of my wheels. I got pissed, so I kicked his plastic cladding with back of my foot while getting into my car. Immediately police siren behind me - police car literally pulled behind me when I was looking at the damage. I got a warning stare from the cop, and he peeled off, probably to avoid listening to my complaint about damage to my wheel.

Paint transfer came off with a gentle polish, and no damage to the wheel. So my 450+ times parking at a very public parking lot in not a very safe city I got no issues at all. Maybe just luck. Maybe people are more careful around these cars (it's a GT3 and it's bright) but no door dings.

My wife's invisible gray Cayenne looks like the surface of the Moon from all the door dings., and she normally parks it at less sketchy places (although I think Berkeley Whole Foods shoppers sometimes damage each other's cars on purpose - level of anger pent up deep inside is off the chart in that place)
Old 05-17-2016, 03:25 AM
Desert_dude
Track Day

Stupid comment? Really? Then let your countries and governments pony up $$$ and troops to clean up the mess in the middle east. The constant chit show in the middleast accounts for I would estmate 90% of the world problems. You say "Most" hate our Government but not us? LOL. Glad you make that distinction but it doesn't seem to carry through in real life does it? Seems like Jews are on the chit list too. If you hate our Government so much don't call next time despotic leaders in the middleast invade. Handle it yourselves. We're busy.

Oh Lord, first of all i am German and i didn't say most Arabs hate i meant that they don't hate the American people but those who have hate in them its about the Government. Got it?

The mess in the Middle east is from the US Government and their Global Policy. But as i understand from your comment you're blind and you're not able to see the bigger picture.

So just vote for Hillary go to war with Russia, support further Dash and be a proud World Sheriff. Oh i forgot China, they are also bad, should bomb them also?

Jesus people like you who are complete manipulated by the Mainstream Media allow those big players to seed hate alll over the world.

One last thing after that i will not say anything about this issue, at the end its a car forum but don't you thing its may a little bit strange that the US exist 239 years and is had in 222 Years War conflicts? http://www.infowars.com/america-has-...rs-since-1776/

Maybe, just maybe and i mean just maybe its not the Arabs, German, Russians Chinese, Vietnam Korean your Red Indians etc?

So for me i personally i hate nobody just i feel sry for manipulated people

Ok now end of this discussion because its not the right place here but anyway have a nice day Sheriff.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:26 AM
krobertson
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been far less concerned going out with my GT3 than with my R8. R8 was bigger and long doors, there was no squeezing with that.

I don't think I'd be brave enough to park it at BART though. I've used Antioch/Concord and seen too much broken glass around. Only bad experience I've had there though is with their gardeners being rather rough and liberal around crowded lots.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:46 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

Such an asinine comment...
Don't go down this rabbit hole, as you will look the fool.

Oh Lord, first of all i am German and i didn't say most Arabs hate i meant that they don't hate the American people but those who have hate in them its about the Government. Got it?

The mess in the Middle east is from the US Government and their Global Policy. But as i understand from your comment you're blind and you're not able to see the bigger picture.

So just vote for Hillary go to war with Russia, support further Dash and be a proud World Sheriff. Oh i forgot China, they are also bad, should bomb them also?

Jesus people like you who are complete manipulated by the Mainstream Media allow those big players to seed hate alll over the world.

One last thing after that i will not say anything about this issue, at the end its a car forum but don't you thing its may a little bit strange that the US exist 239 years and is had in 222 Years War conflicts? http://www.infowars.com/america-has-...rs-since-1776/

Maybe, just maybe and i mean just maybe its not the Arabs, German, Russians Chinese, Vietnam Korean your Red Indians etc?

Ok now end of this discussion because its not the right place here but anyway have a nice day Sheriff.
Bravo
Old 05-17-2016, 10:03 AM
Namerows
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Park in a strategic location - after that, my hopes are with the citizens!
Old 05-17-2016, 10:06 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Such an asinine comment...
Don't go down this rabbit hole, as you will look the fool.

Bravo

Sorry I didn't figure you were German. "Desert Dude" user name living in middleast. Silly me.

More European progressiveism. It seems to be working just fine for the French, Germans and Belgians. We'll let you keep it, thanks anyway. Its done enough damage here. It took 43 Presidents to make the U.S. the greatest country on earth and one progressive President to unravel it all. Likley France will cease to exist in 30 years if they keep going the way they were going iwth open boarders and 'progressivism". Merkle doing a great job with Syrian refugees. Belgians even better. England struggling with radical islamic factions and enclaves also. Oh, and the middleast is doing just fine. Hmmm so many places to start I just can't pick one that seems to be the best

Most middleasterners as you said yourself hate our Government. They are bound to make the distinction with our people. The Muslims can't even get along with each other and are busy killing and blowing each other up in the name of Allah.

America has been in wars for much of its 222 year existance you say? We have fought alot of wars unfortunately...true but as a German do you really want to go there?. Our wars weren't fought for foreign conquest unlike well ...let me see...many European Countries or hey, yeah and....Arab countries (many Arabs fought with the ***** in WWII).

When I run into imperious europeans I usually just want to know if they are from a country we saved or whose *** we kicked. If memory serves me correctly your ancestors weren't complaining when we kept the Russian bear from taking all of the Father Land in WWII. If not for the U.S. you wouldn't be driving a Porsche. You'd be driving some sort of Russian Yugo and have a picture of Putin on the wall of your apartment building lobby.

No country has perfect foreign policy. None. Arab countries don't like us because of our foriegn policy? Believe me, I don't want us in the middleast nation building. Waste of time, $$$ and blood which is not appreciated anyway. Also when the cloud of the Iranian Islamic state starts to spread over the UAE and Dubai let them handle it themselves. No more American blood and $$$ to save foreign asses when those countries we are helping don't like us to begin with unless there is a quid pro quo that makes sense for our national security.

If you don't like U.S. foreign policy thats fine. I agree, the U.S. should stay out of getting involved in foreign conflicts and countries unless our national interest and security demands it. 100% We'll keep our money, resources and young men and women from harm thanks. You do your own heavy lifting. It's time the Germans, Japs and Europeans starting defending themselves from Russia and other world threats. You don't need our military there or our bases. Do it yourself unless again there is a fair quid pro quo that serves our national interest. Start spending much of your GDP on the military instead of relying on us...since you don't like our Government anyway.

Yeah, I'm tired of the U.S. doing all the heavy lifting and getting nothing but hate in return.

As for mainstream media...they see the world as you do.

Oh, as to Hillary my 2016 campaign shirt says "Hillary For Prison".

Hey, but I'm just a fool. Fortunately there are millions and millons more fools like me speaking out now.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:13 AM
myamymy
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When I buy a car, there is ONLY one reason regardless of the model or the condition of it : I WANT MY CAR TO SERVE ME, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

It is a just a piece of metal and soon or later someone else will be driving it (when u sell it). Life is too short to worry about every little thing. Otherwise you don't get to enjoy it. Just my philosophy ...

Enjoy your cars gentlemen instead of worrying about them
Old 05-17-2016, 10:35 AM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I some how feel I have just read the NY Times, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, listened to a couple of broadcasts by Al Jezerah, and read the book, watched the video tapes of ex CIA and NSA director Michael Hayden ......

as an aside to learn how to park my Porsches at the shopping center.

(which I don't anyway, choosing to use my Toyota daily driver that goes in the last parking spot at the end of the lot away from cart, man, or beast. I tend to allot my time at the local PDR shop as the last item on the list of life.)

And I need the exercise.

Quick Reply: You pull into the shopping center with your GT3 / RS