Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What do you react when you take your GT3 / RS shopping?
Are you nuts? My car NEVER goes to the shopping mall.
17.78%
On those rare occasions, I stay in the car.
1.11%
I will park somewhere safe, and keep an eye on her at all times.
9.44%
I don't really worry too much, but I occasionally check on her.
15.00%
I park the car in a safe spot, and don't give the safety of my car another thought.
56.67%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

You pull into the shopping center with your GT3 / RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 07:28 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Not just UAE, although probably the worst perps. It's an epidemic attributable to our show-off culture, style over substance, and yes the decline of manual transmissions. Sports Cars aren't for driving, they are jewelry for men .. How sad
Worse yet, we bought those for them. All our $$$ for oil and they still hate us.

Drill baby!
Old 05-14-2016, 07:41 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Would never drive my RS to the mall or stop at a mall with it. Your asking for a problem. Anyone who says it's just a car should sell their RS put the money back in the bank and buy a Civic. Then they'll be driving "just a car".

When I see a beautiful exotic/super car sandwiched between a mini van and some other pos at the mall it tells me immediately the owner really doesn't care about the car and it's just a show off accessory to them. Just as much a douche as the guy who takes up two spots as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:10 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Thanks for the replies, guys. Good stuff. My thoughts are evolving the longer I own the car.

I think the key is finding a good spot to park, using some common sense, and then accepting that the rest is just beyond your control.

Good spots to park (IMO) include corners (cut your odds 50% of door dings), and DO NOT do anything douche. I find that people really dig these cars, so I want to do nothng to turn those positive vibes negative. Even parking far away from everyone immediately gives off a feeling that this guy doesn't want anyone near his car. I will park up front (if a corner spot exists) just so more people can see and enjoy it.

Kind of the opposite of what I think I should do, but it is the art of not being a douche.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:46 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Worse yet, we bought those for them. All our $$$ for oil and they still hate us.

Drill baby!
They don't really hate us in the UAE though I'm sure you'd have better chances getting one of those guys to give you a ride and tour of the city than most Americans with similar wealth.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:18 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just don't shop. My car is only made to be driven.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:13 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Would never drive my RS to the mall or stop at a mall with it. Your asking for a problem. Anyone who says it's just a car should sell their RS put the money back in the bank and buy a Civic. Then they'll be driving "just a car". When I see a beautiful exotic/super car sandwiched between a mini van and some other pos at the mall it tells me immediately the owner really doesn't care about the car and it's just a show off accessory to them. Just as much a douche as the guy who takes up two spots as far as I'm concerned.
That doesn't even make any sense...

Not like I've been to a mall in probably 15 years, but I'll drive my car(s) anywhere and everywhere.
It is, just a car.
And when you see mine sandwiched between two minivans, you'll also see it hasn't been washed. So you'll know I really don't care about the car, I actually just care about driving it.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:28 PM
'Trust'
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It shares daily duty with the Range Rover, and I'm probably least concerned about it compared to all the cars, so although it's meticulously taken care of, between it's weekly care sessions, it's ran hard and put away wet.

I'm a car guy through and through, and it peeves the hell out of me when I see people taking two spots. Asses.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:59 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by lumber

Not like I've been to a mall in probably 15 years, but I'll drive my car(s) anywhere and everywhere.
It is, just a car.
And when you see mine sandwiched between two minivans, you'll also see it hasn't been washed. So you'll know I really don't care about the car, I actually just care about driving it.
Well your thoughts don't make sense to me. That's fine.
Not being snarky just see it much different. Whatever makes you happy. When I see your car squished between those 2 mini vans with the soccer mom stickers on them I'll cringe but know you at least enjoyed the drive to the mall.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:37 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Well your thoughts don't make sense to me. That's fine. Not being snarky just see it much different. Whatever makes you happy. When I see your car squished between those 2 mini vans with the soccer mom stickers on them I'll cringe but know you at least enjoyed the drive to the mall.
Just out of curiosity , how many miles on your ford gt waxer?
Old 05-14-2016, 03:15 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Well your thoughts don't make sense to me. That's fine. Not being snarky just see it much different. Whatever makes you happy. When I see your car squished between those 2 mini vans with the soccer mom stickers on them I'll cringe but know you at least enjoyed the drive to the mall.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

It's a car, goes everywhere, parks anywhere.
Had lived at 9 since day one...
Old 05-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

2005. 4300 mi
Old 05-15-2016, 02:22 AM
lumber
Rennlist Member

2005. 4300 mi
I sold mine with 23000 miles. We really are different.🙂
Old 05-15-2016, 03:34 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

It is, just a car.
This. The show pony would not park between the minivans, the driver would.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:37 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

I sold mine with 23000 miles. We really are different.🙂
That's what makes the world go around .

Why did u sell?

Quick Reply: You pull into the shopping center with your GT3 / RS