Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

446 WHP & 301 WTQ w/DMS Headers, gained HP & TQ over my previous Akrapovic setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 08:42 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts
Default 446 WHP & 301 WTQ w/DMS Headers, gained HP & TQ over my previous Akrapovic setup

In order not to make this post extra long, you can refer to https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...akrapovic.html for when i had my previous setup on the car of Akrapovic Evolution Raceline on (videos, dyno graphs and etc.)

My current post of today is to show the comparison on my car between the Dundon Motorsports (DMS) Headers vs. my previous set up w/Akrapovic Raceline Evolution

Previous setup:
*Akrapovic Raceline Evolution (titanium)
*BMC air filters

Best Mustang Dyno result in 5th gear was 433 whp & 298 wtq

Current setup:
*DMS Headers
*BMC air filters
*Sharkweks 100mm tail pipes

Best Mustang Dyno result in 5th gear was 446 whp & 301 wtq

Please keep in mind when I went to the Mustang Dyno yesterday the weather was 33.5 C / 92.3 F the dyno operator said "you probably lost on performance due to the weather" i asked him, how much about "he said probably 3-10 whp & 3-10 wtq" (his words not mine, so please do not shoot me the messenger)

Here is the dyno graph for the best 5th gear run w/some videos

Either way you look at it, even if the temp. was much hotter compared to when i ran the car over a month ago, i still got 13 whp and 3 wtq gains! In my opinion it sounds better now. The PSE button works unlike before, no more drone unlike before and you can feel the performance increase!

Here is the dyno graph for the best 4th gear run

Another great advantage to me is now when i am in 7th gear cruising at 2,000 rpm and PSE button off, the car sounds very tame (probably as low as stock). When i had Akra and was in 7th gear cruising at 2,000 rpm it was still loud and a lot of drone that it was annoying the hell out of me

Oh 1 last thing, it was noticed that my current setup ran much smoother on the dyno. My previous setup doing runs in 4th was no problem but in 5th it would not work sometimes and we had to shut it down and retry the run but now i ran 3 5th gear runs back to back after doing the 3 4th gear runs and the car ran it so smoothly. No issues whatsoever

Before i leave, you tell me, how can you not love this sound?
Old 05-01-2016, 03:45 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds great!!! Let's hope this helps put to rest the skepticism DMS has been getting. They have been more open than anyone out there with the development of this system. And, still people want to see more dyno runs and half mile runs, etc, etc Thanks for the contribution
Old 05-02-2016, 02:46 AM
911_RS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
Sounds great!!! Let's hope this helps put to rest the skepticism DMS has been getting. They have been more open than anyone out there with the development of this system. And, still people want to see more dyno runs and half mile runs, etc, etc Thanks for the contribution
+1! Yeah and just looking at the design of the headers is a no brainer… for sure it'll make good power!

Quick Reply: 446 WHP & 301 WTQ w/DMS Headers, gained HP & TQ over my previous Akrapovic setup