Who has a race simulator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 03:12 PM
mongolikecandy
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
Hello gents, I build these bespoke.

I have been a Porsche fan since, well since a long long long time ago. I've spent a little time and developed a simulator which I think is the most realistic in the world in private hands. It is a 996 GT3 1 t0 1 scale.

I have a small Porsche museum in the room of which the centerpiece is my Wilco Michaels diorama.

I will be refining this prototype for sale at a point in the future. Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.

holy mother! that is amazing, great work!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:18 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

^^^Ok WOOOOW!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:20 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

What is one looking in terms of cost for that thing? A brand new BMW X5?
Old 05-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 19 Posts

Much less than a CXC or SimRoom but way more immersive. I've owned or tested pretty much every simulator out there and this one is the most realistic by far.

I'm working now on buttoning up a manufacturing process and a kit process. Maybe a couple of months. This is my personal prototype. I've taken everything I've learned sim racing over 12 years and tried my best to bring the greatest realism to my home.

I'll have options with motion and without. Tactile, telemetry screen in the nav position. Basically anything you want. Only limit is your wallet. But that being said, I'm trying to make this an option for the average person. You'll be surprised hopefully.

Also, despite the looks, it doesn't take much space. I purposefully put this in the smallest room in my home in order to keep the design compact this room is only 9x12 and there is enough room left over for another simulator on the other end of the room.

I'm really excited, this has been 3 years of trial and error testing to reach this point. The most realistic simulator you can buy regardless of cost. Also, you can have a co-driver for rally games or just for fun. It's a two person chassis. :]
Old 05-11-2016, 05:10 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Much less than a CXC or SimRoom but way more immersive. I've owned or tested pretty much every simulator out there and this one is the most realistic by far.

I'm working now on buttoning up a manufacturing process and a kit process. Maybe a couple of months. This is my personal prototype. I've taken everything I've learned sim racing over 12 years and tried my best to bring the greatest realism to my home.

I'll have options with motion and without. Tactile, telemetry screen in the nav position. Basically anything you want. Only limit is your wallet. But that being said, I'm trying to make this an option for the average person. You'll be surprised hopefully.

Also, despite the looks, it doesn't take much space. I purposefully put this in the smallest room in my home in order to keep the design compact this room is only 9x12 and there is enough room left over for another simulator on the other end of the room.

I'm really excited, this has been 3 years of trial and error testing to reach this point. The most realistic simulator you can buy regardless of cost. Also, you can have a co-driver for rally games or just for fun. It's a two person chassis. :]

Looks great!
Old 05-11-2016, 07:56 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

wow...holy S**T
Old 05-12-2016, 04:07 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, that is awesome.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:53 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very cool.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:48 PM
phillyred79
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was privy to trying out the new Sony VR (Project Morpheus) Goggles coming out in October ($499) with Project Cars using the Logitech wheel and pedals and it was just amazing.. Very immersive experience. As others have suggested this VR stuff is the future and it's just about here. Finally. Check this out too:
http://www.virtuix.com/
Most fun I've had burning calories (outside of sex) ever!
Old 05-16-2016, 09:08 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Hell yeah Mayaman!! This one was a long time in the making, congrats!

I'm surprised you didn't go with the OMP Superturismo and MANU shifter for the full Cup car vibe.

How much more of an improvement is the Black Pearl + GT1080 vs. the Qumi Q2 + white board? Do you think the Simpit is worth the cost?
Old 05-20-2016, 12:32 AM
Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 19 Posts

Switch, I don't like the black pearl at all. Its too damn dark. I'm painting it with screen projection paint. You'd need a 15,000 lumen beemer to get what you want with that darkness.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:08 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Semi-related. Preview of Gran Turismo Sport

Old 05-20-2016, 04:39 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 44 Posts

Switch, I don't like the black pearl at all. Its too damn dark. I'm painting it with screen projection paint. You'd need a 15,000 lumen beemer to get what you want with that darkness.
Very interesting, I'm surprised to hear that given how good a lot of the videos look with the screen (I'm assuming you've seen them). I've been thinking of getting one so I could move my screens closer to my wheel with the better throw angle - your previous VR3 PJ setup is similar to my current, so if you're dissatisfied I may have to rethink this. I really want a bit more detail from my PJ setup.

Wouldn't you be better off selling the Black Pearl and then putting your own material over the Icarus apparatus?
Old 05-24-2016, 06:31 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by viprklr
I do. Full race seat, Fanatec GT2 wheel, dedicated HD tv, Xbox, etc.

where do you get Fantec products in the US ?
Old 05-24-2016, 10:05 AM
mongolikecandy
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
where do you get Fantec products in the US ?
you had left an 'a' out
http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/

Quick Reply: Who has a race simulator?