Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911R PTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 02:58 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 140 Posts

Interesting, as there are two Sport Classic 911Rs on Instagram (another poster was kind enough to link to Cornucopia of 911Rs). Yours appeared to have a deeper orange so felt it was Gulf. S-R, thanks for chiming in the Signal Orange correction!
Old 07-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Thanks for sharing. Understood that this is the recent updated 911R color count. There might be a few more missing or unaccounted for isn't? There's at least more than 200 918 owners in USA alone.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Not every VIP owner ordered an R
Not every R was ordered by a VIP owner.

Don't know of anymore unaccounted for but it is possible.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:17 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

This is so tough for me spec ing my allocation. I am doing a touring manual car. On the one hand I want a bright color like gulf orange or viper but want it to fit the car and feels like those colors work better on winged cars. On the other hand I don’t want a subdued touring car. Tough to figure out how to make it handsome with a lot of spirit too! Lots of terrific ideas here. One thing I’m sold on is the houndstooth interior. I suppose I’ll go to Atlanta and getter done.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Flachbau
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texascarlover
This is so tough for me spec ing my allocation. I am doing a touring manual car. On the one hand I want a bright color like gulf orange or viper but want it to fit the car and feels like those colors work better on winged cars. On the other hand I don’t want a subdued touring car. Tough to figure out how to make it handsome with a lot of spirit too! Lots of terrific ideas here. One thing I’m sold on is the houndstooth interior. I suppose I’ll go to Atlanta and getter done.
Colors list searchable and sortable
Old 01-12-2018, 08:50 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

I have a stupid question, those with Rs and factory stripes how are you doing PPF or are you not?

It seems most doing it aftermarket are doing the clear bra first then applying the stripes but are the factory stripes thin enough to wrap over?
Old 01-12-2018, 09:26 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
I went with a non-metallic bright color like you mentioned, houndtooth seat inserts, side decals, and with aluminum trim in my Touring to resemble the classic look. Don't give into all that nonsense about only darker colors for the Touring. And personally, I couldn't justify spending $13k on a bland boring color... especially a dark metallic. But that's just me.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:51 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

I'm not so sure classic colors like Viper Green and Gulf Orange are not suitable for Touring. Both of these colors were available 1973 colors. You cannot go wrong with either.

It comes down to whether you want the car to stand out more or less. I'm going through a similar thought process for my October production. Pick your preferred theme and go for it.

The PTS decision making process is, nevertheless, brutal. Much easier to just go black or silver or white and save the coin. I'm down to like six colors (from a 18 favorites) but can't nail it down just yet. Good luck!

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 01-12-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:49 AM
NoPaddleShiftFor
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
I have a stupid question, those with Rs and factory stripes how are you doing PPF or are you not?

It seems most doing it aftermarket are doing the clear bra first then applying the stripes but are the factory stripes thin enough to wrap over?
I PPF’d over the stripes. It means they lose the matt look but I actually like it. I did have to remove the factory PPF in front of the rear wheels which also took off the back part of the side decal which I obviously replaced before applying the new PPF. That part looks much better.

Quick Reply: 911R PTS