Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
SMGT3, great pix!
Thanks
Old 04-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Those pics are awesome and the location looks great for that kind of event. I could spend days just sitting in a chair and looking at those cars.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:51 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 556 Likes on 246 Posts

Anyone being negative about the location is probably either too old or not creative enough to enjoy Luftgekuhlt....

I didn't see one single expandable chair next to a car, with its owner sitting there waiting to tell the next passer by about every detail and how rare it is. So refreshing....
Old 04-13-2016, 05:52 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Anyone being negative about the location is probably either too old or not creative enough to enjoy Luftgekuhlt....

I didn't see one single expandable chair next to a car, with its owner sitting there waiting to tell the next passer by about every detail and how rare it is. So refreshing....
I'm sure the location was a hit with the current MW style Porsche "enthusiast", with their skinny jeans, swoop haircuts, chunky black-rimmed glasses and full Osama beards, clutching their Starbucks waiting for the nearby craft beer bar to open to enjoy some double hop IPA nonsense
Old 04-13-2016, 06:03 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
I'm sure the location was a hit with the current MW style Porsche "enthusiast", with their skinny jeans, swoop haircuts, chunky black-rimmed glasses and full Osama beards, clutching their Starbucks waiting for the nearby craft beer bar to open to enjoy some double hop IPA nonsense
f-ing hipsters
Old 04-13-2016, 06:12 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
f-ing hipsters
All kidding aside, we're all enthusiasts
Attended an event at PCNA HQ in Atlanta a week ago...Ingram family/Vic Elford/Bill Warner (Amelia Island) and saw all types of Porsche owners...young, old, concours, track guys etc. Everyone had a great time at a beautiful facility. Maybe the next Luft event can be at PCNA-West...should be open by then.

I've had too many years of running 20+miles per week to stand on cold wet concrete
Old 04-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
All kidding aside, we're all enthusiasts
Attended an event at PCNA HQ in Atlanta a week ago...Ingram family/Vic Elford/Bill Warner (Amelia Island) and saw all types of Porsche owners...young, old, concours, track guys etc. Everyone had a great time at a beautiful facility. Maybe the next Luft event can be at PCNA-West...should be open by then.

I've had too many years of running 20+miles per week to stand on cold wet concrete
I'm not sure the parking facility is large enough there to handle the event now (I guess you could park around the track too - but could be a nice venue, the track is finally taking shape, building looks nice, but they're so far behind schedule. Was supposed to open a while ago. The facility was a golf course, prior to that a dump... well when they started moving earth around the the Cal EPA (or someone) required them to cap another 3ft of dirt on the entire facility (or something like that)... and that caused a huge delay.

It's going to be interesting to see what events happen there, it's about 20 mins up the road from me... !!!
Old 04-13-2016, 07:02 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure the parking facility is large enough there to handle the event now (I guess you could park around the track too - but could be a nice venue, the track is finally taking shape, building looks nice, but they're so far behind schedule. Was supposed to open a while ago. The facility was a golf course, prior to that a dump... well when they started moving earth around the the Cal EPA (or someone) required them to cap another 3ft of dirt on the entire facility (or something like that)... and that caused a huge delay.

It's going to be interesting to see what events happen there, it's about 20 mins up the road from me... !!!
If it's anything like the ATL facility it will be great
My understanding is that there will be fewer offices (duh) but more/larger track area)

Is this near the Goodyear blimp area ?
Old 04-13-2016, 10:47 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

f-ing hipsters
Old 04-14-2016, 03:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
damn, you saw my selfie?
Old 04-14-2016, 08:31 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 556 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
Scan the people in pictures in this thread... Sure, your stereotype was present (including the ubiquitous MW) but at a far lower ratio than you perceive.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...lt-2016-a.html

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy 'traditional' events like Werks Reunion on the fairways of Rancho Canada and in the dust of Laguna Seca just as much. Luftgekuhlt has its own unique vibe and I truly hope that Pat & Howie can keep this event true to its concept as it grows in coming years.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:09 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

f-ing hipsters
Originally Posted by WSH
Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
On a plane now from PNW, it's brutal of the left coast. Can't wait to get home, be among the working clean and roll some coal...
Old 04-14-2016, 12:16 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

hahaha!
have south park done their version yet? they surely have??
Old 04-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
you guys have hipsters there too?
my god, they are everywhere.

beautiful colour on rs. classic for sure.
thought hipsters were too cool to drive internal combustion engines...

OP: great pics.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:03 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

it's all about the 'irony' haha!
anyway, they are still graduating from vintage motorcycles.

Quick Reply: Amazing PTS at Luftgekuhlt