Sponsored by:

Wife approves of exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 503 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
My daughter is 22. A friend of hers picked her up in...wait for it...a GT3 RS 4.0. I had no idea he had a car like that, and neither did she. He picked her up while I was shopping, and I immediately get a text from her telling me she just got picked up in this sick car. She thought it was a Porsche. Text me later in the day telling me I need to go outside to see this thing when he drops her off. She also said the thing is crazy fast, which as her father, I was not ammused. And finally, she had no idea how to open the doors. So while she might not have known exactly what she was in, she knew enough to recognize she was in something real special. Then he floors it in front of me, and $165k later I have one in my garage. True story.
Crikey...

These times are a changing. When I was 22 I had a 65' Ford pick up with three on the tree and a driver side window that was stuck down...
Old 04-06-2016, 08:56 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by duc916sps
In Jan. my wife traded her Macan Turbo in for a 16 GT3. I do have to admit that I may have nudged her a little bit but at the end of the day, it was all her. Nothing like doing weekend drives with your S/O while she is in a '16 GT3 and I am in my '11 GT3RS. That is a whole new level to bonding
Wow! That is awesome. My wife had a go with mine once, and to her credit she floored it without me asking her to. But actually going out and buying one? You've got a live one!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:59 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

When I was 22 I had two Toyota corollas. One to drive and one to pick parts from.
Was lucky enough to buy my first gt3 at 25. Things can change quickly.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:00 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by bronson7
Rob, you can tell me to mind my own business, but just curious if you have any children that are also enjoying your great car experience? When my son was younger he loved the cars/shows/races etc. My daughter, well she just thought her dad was a bit crazy.
Dude! Ask me anything, mate! My daughter will be in town tomorrow, and she is looking forward to seeing the beast (Predator was taken lol). My son will be in town next month, and he is pumped to drive it. He asked me...do you love me enough to let me drive it? What kind of question is that, son? Of course not!

Okay, of course I will let him. Just not alone!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:13 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 503 Likes on 253 Posts

Dude! Ask me anything, mate! My daughter will be in town tomorrow, and she is looking forward to seeing the beast (Predator was taken lol). My son will be in town next month, and he is pumped to drive it. He asked me...do you love me enough to let me drive it? What kind of question is that, son? Of course not!

Tell him he can choose between the Pacer and the Vega
Old 04-06-2016, 09:49 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Tell him he can choose between the Pacer and the Vega
LOL
Old 04-06-2016, 10:30 PM
deutschmick
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Gotta share it with the progeny! My daughter and 2 sons have driven both my pcars. Solo is OK for my sons but not my daughter.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:37 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How funny is that. Actually, last summer, my daughter and son in law were over for dinner, I made them a deal (being I had a bit of wine in me and didn't want to drive) said, I'II let you drive my car as long as you take me for some ice cream. Needless to say she agreed. The whole time she was driving, I kept telling her, you can drive a bit faster. The look on her face was priceless. Oh, and my son, who's bugged me all along to drive the car, has yet to drive it. Oh well, his time will come.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:37 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by bronson7
How funny is that. Actually, last summer, my daughter and son in law were over for dinner, I made them a deal (being I had a bit of wine in me and didn't want to drive) said, I'II let you drive my car as long as you take me for some ice cream. Needless to say she agreed. The whole time she was driving, I kept telling her, you can drive a bit faster. The look on her face was priceless. Oh, and my son, who's bugged me all along to drive the car, has yet to drive it. Oh well, his time will come.
So did she get a chance to floor it? Lol
Old 04-06-2016, 11:41 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Banango
Rob, take her to Le Mans if you have never been. There is nothing quite like twilight and dawn on the pit straight or better yet trackside on the outside by Tertre Rouge listening to the cars dancing down and then up through the gears as they first navigate from the Esses and then through TR to begin the long run towards Mulsanne. That is what shifting in the GT3 in full anger mode sounds like. It sounds like Le Mans. Some very happy memories for my wife and myself, except this time we are inside a car, and that is what the sound always brings to mind.
Nice! Being able to experience Le Mans in person would be epic. You are right. We NEED to go.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:54 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My daughter is 22. A friend of hers picked her up in...wait for it...a GT3 RS 4.0. I had no idea he had a car like that, and neither did she. He picked her up while I was shopping, and I immediately get a text from her telling me she just got picked up in this sick car. She thought it was a Porsche. Text me later in the day telling me I need to go outside to see this thing when he drops her off. She also said the thing is crazy fast, which as her father, I was not ammused. And finally, she had no idea how to open the doors.

So while she might not have known exactly what she was in, she knew enough to recognize she was in something real special.

Then he floors it in front of me, and $165k later I have one in my garage. True story.
Best story ever...
Old 04-07-2016, 02:02 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
I'm 54 and dating a 42 year old gal who looks 35. Life is good at the moment
Nice. Enjoy!
Old 04-07-2016, 02:06 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DES GTS
Wouldn't it be nice if Regan Steedman is on RL!
http://www.thespeedgirls.com/regan-steedman.html
Yes! And her GTQueen friend, 'lieluvs2run'....or something like that on Instagram! Those are some cool chicks. That doesn't exist in the Northeast. At least not that I've ever witnessed in my 38 yrs. 20+ of them well connected in the 'car scene'.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:13 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

My daughter is 22. A friend of hers picked her up in...wait for it...a GT3 RS 4.0. I had no idea he had a car like that, and neither did she. He picked her up while I was shopping, and I immediately get a text from her telling me she just got picked up in this sick car. She thought it was a Porsche. Text me later in the day telling me I need to go outside to see this thing when he drops her off. She also said the thing is crazy fast, which as her father, I was not ammused. And finally, she had no idea how to open the doors.

So while she might not have known exactly what she was in, she knew enough to recognize she was in something real special.

Then he floors it in front of me, and $165k later I have one in my garage. True story.
That is just too funny!

Enjoy it bud! Do you have any mods planned?
Old 04-07-2016, 08:54 AM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3
Yes! And her GTQueen friend, 'lieluvs2run'....or something like that on Instagram! Those are some cool chicks. That doesn't exist in the Northeast. At least not that I've ever witnessed in my 38 yrs. 20+ of them well connected in the 'car scene'.
OT but PT3 saw you car on Carswithoutlimits on Instagram!

View this post on Instagram

Quick Reply: Wife approves of exhaust