Sponsored by:

Wife approves of exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 03:45 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3
This is AWESOME! I do notice a lot of girls and women of all ages check the car out. So, I got to ask you both...what's the age range of your ladies? That's the kind of gal I need.
I'm 54 and dating a 42 year old gal who looks 35. Life is good at the moment

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 04-06-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:27 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys are the best. There's no question these cars must have some magic dust sprinkled on and in them. Most woman approve and understand what this car is all about. Just wondering now, is there any woman out there on RL that drive a GT3? If so, would you mind sharing your experience with this car?
Old 04-06-2016, 04:47 PM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
You guys are the best. There's no question these cars must have some magic dust sprinkled on and in them. Most woman approve and understand what this car is all about. Just wondering now, is there any woman out there on RL that drive a GT3? If so, would you mind sharing your experience with this car?
Wouldn't it be nice if Regan Steedman is on RL!
http://www.thespeedgirls.com/regan-steedman.html
Old 04-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

I think they kind of get that they are proper sports cars with a great heritage but come without the all of the attitude of some of the other brands. Cool gals can smell those pinky ring guys for miles! The mighty GT3. Goes like stink, built like a tank, not to ostentatious. They are just right
Old 04-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

No- they know that guys who drive Porsche "GT" cars are loyal, hardcore and passionate and that is exactly what they want in the sack.

That is what my girlfriend told me- I mean Wife
Old 04-06-2016, 05:58 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
I think they kind of get that they are proper sports cars with a great heritage but come without the all of the attitude of some of the other brands. Cool gals can smell those pinky ring guys for miles! The mighty GT3. Goes like stink, built like a tank, not to ostentatious. They are just right
I think you are right. Girl sees a guy with a Ferrari or Lambo, and maybe thinks "this guy must think he's it". Not saying every woman thinks this, but my wife's reaction to those cars always seemed to be on the negative side. But the GT3 isn't just show. It's also go.

Hard to describe, but I think GT3 screams car enthusiast, while Ferrari screams look at me. But I hate to generalize.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:01 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Thanks Bronson. Yeah, women get this car. Not about "look at me". This is the hero car for any car enthusiast. If you love great cars, this is a love affair for the ages.

Best. Car. Ever.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:02 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
No- they know that guys who drive Porsche "GT" cars are loyal, hardcore and passionate and that is exactly what they want in the sack.

That is what my girlfriend told me- I mean Wife
Lol nice Jimmy.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:18 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DES GTS
Wouldn't it be nice if Regan Steedman is on RL!
http://www.thespeedgirls.com/regan-steedman.html
Let's hope she is.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:36 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by robmypro
Thanks Bronson. Yeah, women get this car. Not about "look at me". This is the hero car for any car enthusiast. If you love great cars, this is a love affair for the ages.

Best. Car. Ever.
Rob, you can tell me to mind my own business, but just curious if you have any children that are also enjoying your great car experience? When my son was younger he loved the cars/shows/races etc. My daughter, well she just thought her dad was a bit crazy.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:43 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like i need to use this car to pick up a nice woman from the sounds of it!
Old 04-06-2016, 06:55 PM
duc916sps
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

In Jan. my wife traded her Macan Turbo in for a 16 GT3. I do have to admit that I may have nudged her a little bit but at the end of the day, it was all her. Nothing like doing weekend drives with your S/O while she is in a '16 GT3 and I am in my '11 GT3RS. That is a whole new level to bonding
Old 04-06-2016, 07:07 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 80 Posts

Must be an older woman thing but no woman under 25 has a clue about cars, GT3 notwithstanding. They are generally too busy on their phones to even notice anything else. The bucket seats don't help with mobility either
Old 04-06-2016, 08:08 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by tqevo
Must be an older woman thing but no woman under 25 has a clue about cars, GT3 notwithstanding. They are generally too busy on their phones to even notice anything else. The bucket seats don't help with mobility either
My daughter is 22. A friend of hers picked her up in...wait for it...a GT3 RS 4.0. I had no idea he had a car like that, and neither did she. He picked her up while I was shopping, and I immediately get a text from her telling me she just got picked up in this sick car. She thought it was a Porsche. Text me later in the day telling me I need to go outside to see this thing when he drops her off. She also said the thing is crazy fast, which as her father, I was not ammused. And finally, she had no idea how to open the doors.

So while she might not have known exactly what she was in, she knew enough to recognize she was in something real special.

Then he floors it in front of me, and $165k later I have one in my garage. True story.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by duc916sps
In Jan. my wife traded her Macan Turbo in for a 16 GT3. I do have to admit that I may have nudged her a little bit but at the end of the day, it was all her. Nothing like doing weekend drives with your S/O while she is in a '16 GT3 and I am in my '11 GT3RS. That is a whole new level to bonding
Ok, that just might be the holy grail combo right there! Good gravy man, that's what we call "**** up"! Kudos to you and yours.

Well done Sir!

Quick Reply: Wife approves of exhaust