Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stealth XPEL on GT Silver & Lava Orange 991 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've done the math, and for my weight and body type a full XPEL satin wrap weight penalty is offset by 32 mins on the treadmill (or 386 cal) the day before a race.

Nizer...its negligible my man
Old 04-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Auto Armour Inc
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
I've done the math, and for my weight and body type a full XPEL satin wrap weight penalty is offset by 32 mins on the treadmill (or 386 cal) the day before a race. Nizer...its negligible my man
Lol. It is very minimal. But you could always not put a clear bra on the car and lose weight little by little with the paint being chipped off. Then you'll be even faster!
Old 04-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL

Holds up just fine, our co-founder had it on his Porsche Panamera for years (its been sold for some time) but STEALTH holds up just fine with regular washing. Avoid using any waxes and such. We've seen installers use coatings on STEALTH just fine, but waxing can cause uneven blemishes.

Weight, I do not know. Don't believe we've ever weighed just the "pre-cut" kits. As the rolls are weighed but that includes: plastic core, back sheet, excess film. So that wouldn't be an accurate count...

When the film is plotted and cut to fit, installers remove the excess film thats not being installed and throw it away. Then whats left is just the film to be installed on the vehicle.
Originally Posted by Auto Armour Inc
All of my personal cars, and our company cars have been/are wrapped with the XPEL Stealth. It's an amazing product! Holds up extremely well, I've never experienced any issues with the edges looking polished, nor have any of our customers! Each car that leaves our shop, whether it be clear-bra'd or satin clear-bra'd, receives a bottle of spray sealant to use for upkeep on the film! Even though the film can be washed and waxed just as you would your vehicles paint as it has the same automotive clear coat, avoiding traditional waxes will greatly reduce any visual issues with edges.

We have yet to measure the weight, that's a great question. I would roughly assume that a full wrap on a 991 911 would probably weigh in around 5-10lbs. It's a very minuscule number!
Thanks for the responses guys.

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Nizer...its negligible my man
I suspect it's closer to 10 than 5. Either way not much until you realize the efforts AP and team went thru to shave much smaller amounts.

Regardless, I'll cover at least a good portion of the RS when it arrives.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:17 PM
hypeber
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice !!! I am gonna do xpel on my uv too but just regular xpel. I am doing the xpel pre cut ones, I want see you comment on those pre cut one. Also I want to put big "Porsche" decals on the wing and vintage stripe on the side, should I do it under or above xpel. If I install the decals under xpel, I would need to remove the xpel in order to remove the decals. I don't think that's a good idea but the shop I am going in Macau told me to do it that way. Let me know your suggestion. Thank you

Originally Posted by Auto Armour Inc
Good evening, Rennlist!

We’re looking forward to finally documenting and sharing some of our awesome future and recent projects. We hope you enjoy them just as much as we do!

Both vehicles received custom full body XPEL “Stealth” Satin-clear paint protection film wraps. Providing the same premium quality and protection as XPEL Ultimate PPF, XPEL Stealth transforms any factory gloss finish paint to a beautiful satin or “frozen” finish, without the hassle of a frozen paint job!

Sometimes less is more! While LO boasts it's own presence, our client inquired for a more sophisticated livery. Inspired by the iconic RS America, we created some custom "RS" decals to properly suit this beautifully refined beast.

Subtle black vinyl accents and spoiler underside really make this LO GT3 RS pop!

Frozen GT Silver with yellow accents.. need we say more?!

To ensure the cleanest installation, the headlights, fog lights, side markers, front spoiler lip, plastic side skirts, mirrors, rear spoiler, tow hook cover, gas cap and both front and rear bumpers are removed to wrap all edges. This is crucial to creating an OEM “frozen” look, avoiding any visible glossy edges. Have no fear!! After working on 500+ 991 911's, 30+ 991 GT3's and 9 991 GT3 RS... we've got the disassembly down to a science!

Rear spoiler Porsche Decal added in satin black vinyl for that nostalgic cup car feel.

Thanks for stopping by!
Old 09-15-2016, 05:01 PM
Nero Corsa
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of the drivers could lose more than 20 lbs in as well, LOL...more than the film itself. That will be helpful as well.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:57 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

do you have any Xpel Stealth pictures to share on a white GT3 RS? I know you shared a pic of a GT3 but still looking on a white GT3 RS. Thank you.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:07 PM
TheDapperDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks amazing, considering putting Xpel stealth on my f80 m3.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:11 PM
higx
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wifeys panamera has matte ppf too. Platinum silver metallic base color
Old 01-04-2020, 01:16 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
Nice lovin the satin look
Like a 1990s flashback, so retro!

BTW, Hoehn in C-Bad was the only dealership that would not let me sit in their Audi R8 on the showroom floor. SMH
How do they sell cars with such stuffy sales teams?
Old 01-04-2020, 01:38 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks great on both colors. Huge fan of the matte silver after seeing MB do it on their Designo Silvers . .

Quick Reply: Stealth XPEL on GT Silver & Lava Orange 991 GT3 RS