Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work Evan!! See you soon.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:15 PM
Auto Armour Inc
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raghu
Wonder how Satin will look on White! Does Satin XPEL come in various colors? I mean, can you wrap a white car in GT silver or red satin XPEL?
Hi Raghu!

Satin looks AWESOME on white!! I'll let you be the judge though..
Here is a white 991 GT3 we wrapped in XPEL Stealth!

Unfortunately XPEL does not come in various colors...yet!
But we can always change the color of the vehicle with vinyl! For reference here is a 991 GT3 RS our vinyl experts of SD Wrap wrapped in Satin Battleship Grey...

While we solely focus on Paint protection film we've paired ourselves with some of the best in the industry, Auto Armour Inc, SD Wrap, and Elite Finish Detailing all share one roof!

Old 04-07-2016, 03:23 PM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Auto Armour Inc
Yes we can do it in any color or size the person wants!
So, would you be able to send me a red Porsche decal for the wing of a 991 GT3 (non-RS)?
Old 04-07-2016, 03:37 PM
Auto Armour Inc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Satin GT silver looks great!
Originally Posted by CDinSing
Love GT Silver and the satin is a great look. Excellent work!
Originally Posted by porscheflat6
Nice lovin the satin look
Originally Posted by XPEL
Love it!
Thank you!!
Old 04-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Auto Armour Inc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 991RDC
Nice work Evan!! See you soon.
Thank you!! See you soon
Old 04-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Auto Armour Inc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bellatrix
So, would you be able to send me a red Porsche decal for the wing of a 991 GT3 (non-RS)?
Yes, of course! Please send me a private message for details
Old 04-07-2016, 07:01 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful work.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts

The GT3 looks awesome in satin white finish. The Satin Battleship grey on the GT3 also looks amazing.
What are the drawbacks of vinyl on paint? Is it easy to remove at a later date without damaging the paint?
I am in the Dallas area. Do you guys have anyone in Dallas?
Old 04-08-2016, 12:45 AM
Auto Armour Inc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Raghu
The GT3 looks awesome in satin white finish. The Satin Battleship grey on the GT3 also looks amazing. What are the drawbacks of vinyl on paint? Is it easy to remove at a later date without damaging the paint? I am in the Dallas area. Do you guys have anyone in Dallas?

Clear bra and Vinyl can easily be removed at a later date if they were installed correctly. Installer is the key for both. In my opinion there is no draw backs for either only good things. I will look into a good shop in Dallas. Or you could ship your car here 😬
Old 04-08-2016, 07:21 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

@AAI - what is the difference between all the xpels and what effects would it give on a metallic black car for each different one?

The RS wrapped in Satin Battleship Grey is that product from 3M reference number 1080-S51 i ask bec saw it in a video once on a bm and it looks white but here it looks completely different! Love it!
Old 04-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

How does the satin finish hold over time with washings, etc? Does the satin look tend to get "polished" around edges, corners, etc?

Also, how much weight does a full wrap add?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2016, 02:12 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
what is the difference between all the xpels and what effects would it give on a metallic black car for each different one?
Love it!
Are you referring to the different lines of film we offer?

We currently have:
- XPEL XTREME (7 Year Warranty - CLEAR - No Self-Healing)
- XPEL ULTIMATE (10 Year Warranty - CLEAR- Self-Healing Top coat)
- XPEL STEALTH (10 Year Warranty - SATIN FINISH CLEAR - Self-Healing Top Coat
- XPEL ULTIMATE COLOUR (in development) - Gloss Black, Gloss White and Flat Black: Paint Protection Film
- XPEL PRIME Window Film - CS Color Stable, and XR Nano-Ceramic Window Film (more details in the coming months) that is backed by a lifetime transferrable warranty. No peeling, cracking, bubbling or turning purple.

Originally Posted by Nizer
How does the satin finish hold over time with washings, etc? Does the satin look tend to get "polished" around edges, corners, etc?

Thanks
Holds up just fine, our co-founder had it on his Porsche Panamera for years (its been sold for some time) but STEALTH holds up just fine with regular washing. Avoid using any waxes and such. We've seen installers use coatings on STEALTH just fine, but waxing can cause uneven blemishes.

Weight, I do not know. Don't believe we've ever weighed just the "pre-cut" kits. As the rolls are weighed but that includes: plastic core, back sheet, excess film. So that wouldn't be an accurate count...

When the film is plotted and cut to fit, installers remove the excess film thats not being installed and throw it away. Then whats left is just the film to be installed on the vehicle.

Maybe Evan can chime in regarding the weight? Have y'all ever came across this Auto Armour Inc?

Last edited by XPEL; 04-08-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:25 PM
Auto Armour Inc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
@AAI - what is the difference between all the xpels and what effects would it give on a metallic black car for each different one?

The RS wrapped in Satin Battleship Grey is that product from 3M reference number 1080-S51 i ask bec saw it in a video once on a bm and it looks white but here it looks completely different! Love it!
Both XPEL Ultimate and XPEL Stealth are XPEL's top tier Paint Protection Films. The only difference between the two is the Stealth is a satin-clear film, originally created to protect factory "frozen" or satin paint. If you were to use the Stealth on your glossy metallic black car it would change the finish to satin, in contrast the XPEL Ultimate would be nearly invisible.

Here is an example of a factory gloss black Macan S that got a full custom XPEL Stealth wrap, we just finished it a week ago!

During install

Finished product!

And yes!! That's the same 3M color We've coated the vinyl with C.Quartz Finest ceramic coating. We've found it really enhances the richness of the lighter more faint colors. We absolutely LOVE the way it turned out!! Thank you!
Old 04-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Auto Armour Inc
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nizer

Thanks
All of my personal cars, and our company cars have been/are wrapped with the XPEL Stealth. It's an amazing product! Holds up extremely well, I've never experienced any issues with the edges looking polished, nor have any of our customers! Each car that leaves our shop, whether it be clear-bra'd or satin clear-bra'd, receives a bottle of spray sealant to use for upkeep on the film! Even though the film can be washed and waxed just as you would your vehicles paint as it has the same automotive clear coat, avoiding traditional waxes will greatly reduce any visual issues with edges.

We have yet to measure the weight, that's a great question. I would roughly assume that a full wrap on a 991 911 would probably weigh in around 5-10lbs. It's a very minuscule number!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

I think 10 lbs would be a stretch. You can not just weigh the film prior to installation and think it will increase the weight of the car by same amount

I wonder how the stealth would look on Carmine red??? I guess why then get that color if you are going to change the appearance

Quick Reply: Stealth XPEL on GT Silver & Lava Orange 991 GT3 RS