.1 to .2 price drop

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 09:24 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i dont think so

totally agree, the RS will significantly take a dump in value. smart owner shoudl liquidate now. ping me if RS owner wants to sell

i think you are optimistic. .2RS are still 180+ for good cars. below that are ALL mediocre cars. the value of those cars are always in flux from day to day and hour to hour. the really really cherry stuff had been 180-200+ for a long time and i haven't seen them drop. if you find one that worthy of level 1 condition, i am very intersted. the blue car at PNH is over 300+, i seen it in person. THAT is a level 1 car. but i do hope the drop so i can buy more.
hahaha, I need another one so hopefully everybody dump now so I can afford another one
Old 03-17-2016, 09:47 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Mine has heen rained, snowed and ****ted on while on track.
It will melt soon, I better buy a backup as well. Hit me up even with a few hundred miles and baby diaper smell on it, I'll still give you MSRP.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:53 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
"definitely" =

would be good for many of us.
but real sh*t for the 991R buyers.

as 991R buyer i would be heavily pissed off.
and based on this --> i can´t imagine that Porsche is pissing off a number of: 911
(nearly all their) VIP clients.
The majority of R owners are worth 10s if not 100s of millions of dollars. You really think they care if Porsche offers a 4.0L .2 GT3 with a manual option? Oh no my R depreciated a little from it's over MSRP market value Damn U Porsche!!!
Old 03-18-2016, 02:05 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Mine has heen rained, snowed and ****ted on while on track.
It will melt soon, I better buy a backup as well. Hit me up even with a few hundred miles and baby diaper smell on it, I'll still give you MSRP.
I like used up rs.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:16 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

in 2009 and 2010 the 997.1GT3 market hit their low.
This was due in part to the economy at the time and the release of the 997.2GT3.

Once the 991 GT3 was announced with PDK only, RWS and DFI, the 997.1 and 997.2GT3 market become strong. It wasnt long until they actually started creeping back up.

The 991.1GT3 will ultimately take a hit with the announcement of the 991.2GT3. Especially cars getting to the end of their warranty. Not sure how the non CPO cars will fend in the long term given the high rev motor and potential issues that may or may not come with it. Could become a bargin, but then again, at what price if engine repairs surface....

My Crystal ball tells me the the 997.2 GT3 will be a lower rev (safer) 3.8L and available manual transmission.
(so the engine is basically the same as 991.1GT3 but the manual transmission option will bring out the buyers that missed out on the R).
Old 03-18-2016, 02:27 AM
Superman32
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think 991.1 GT3 will hold up if .2 engine don't rev to 9000
Old 03-18-2016, 03:38 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
The majority of R owners are worth 10s if not 100s of millions of dollars. You really think they care if Porsche offers a 4.0L .2 GT3 with a manual option? Oh no my R depreciated a little from it's over MSRP market value Damn U Porsche!!!
i was not thinking in the first way about money. i was thinking about: selling something "special".
But the 991R would be after such a 991.2GT3 release degraded to a "pre 991.2GT3" - and such a behavior is not ok - especially not for those guys.

IMO: it can´t have similar spec than the 991R.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:36 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,385 Likes on 720 Posts

I think the 991.1 GT3 market will soften considerably when the 991.2 is announced. I think the E and F engine cars wI'll drop big time. Porsche beta tested and rushed this car to the market and it has been a mess from day 1.

Sorry- I promised not to get going on this topic
Old 03-19-2016, 07:28 AM
DK7
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Which models have e and f engines?

Will 997.2 gt3 prices soften when the 991.2 is coming with N/A and manual? Opinions?
Old 03-19-2016, 09:11 AM
DerStig
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DK7
Which models have e and f engines?

Will 997.2 gt3 prices soften when the 991.2 is coming with N/A and manual? Opinions?
Of course they will soften, if the new car is manual and has a higher redline than 8500.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:38 AM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Dup
Old 03-19-2016, 09:40 AM
vtgt
Pro

Isn't it me or are there less people overall in the world that prefer a more raw purist experience? I am 29 and I have one other friend who is like me and lives big NA motor and less tech nannies but pretty much all my other car buddies like the latest and greatest and tech nannies.

I like being the anomaly. I will say even though they don't buy the purist type vehicles they appreciate them and are wowed by them but alas still don't buy. Are purists in decline? Or is that car crazy people overall? I loved the 997 gt3 and even GTS, but I am still even considering a 991.1 S or GTS just because it is still a little raw with some tech and value.....but I will not do a 991.2 or pretty much any car like that. Hopefully 991.1 bottom out a bit I buy then they trickle up
Old 03-19-2016, 10:48 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by vtgt
Isn't it me or are there less people overall in the world that prefer a more raw purist experience? I am 29 and I have one other friend who is like me and lives big NA motor and less tech nannies but pretty much all my other car buddies like the latest and greatest and tech nannies. I like being the anomaly. I will say even though they don't buy the purist type vehicles they appreciate them and are wowed by them but alas still don't buy. Are purists in decline? Or is that car crazy people overall? I loved the 997 gt3 and even GTS, but I am still even considering a 991.1 S or GTS just because it is still a little raw with some tech and value.....but I will not do a 991.2 or pretty much any car like that. Hopefully 991.1 bottom out a bit I buy then they trickle up
There's an interesting trend I've seen over the years. Up through the time of the 997 GT3 and GT3 RS there were lots of posts from members asking if they should get the turbo or GT3. The standard response was "if you have to ask, buy the turbo." The logic being that if you weren't sure whether you wanted the sports car or the GT "cruiser," err on the side of the more comfy ride. Either that or the GT3 owners were scoffing at the idea that a buyer even considering a turbo wasn't a true purist

There are also buyers that just want to go as fast as possible in a straight line. The GT3 isn't on their radar. Even my family friendly APR tuned RS7 could do 0-60 in 3 flat and run a 10.6 1/4 mile with just an ECU flash. There are buyers that really want the purist experience, but can't keep too many cars.

Many do not daily drive their purist cars, especially in areas where winter weather is a factor. For me, three cars was always the norm - one for my daily driver, one for my wife, and one for fun. I thought by getting the RS7 I could replace my daily driver and my sports car (Stasis tuned R8 V10) but ultimately decided that for daily driving there were better options, which is why I now drive the S550 coupe to and from work. As a pediatric dentist my days can get pretty hectic. The S Coupe is like a rolling spa and I like being able to decompress. Based on my deposit position I should be able to pick up the 991.2 GT3 RS when it becomes available. That's a few years off and I would like something to enjoy in the interim. My gut says go for the Boxster Spyder, as there a few sitting on showroom floors local to me. Had I not just had a heart attack at 44 years old I probably would have grabbed it, but right now my priorities are getting healthy and getting back into the swing of things.

There will always be people into tech, especially younger people who grew up in a time where tech is progressing so rapidly. Many of the purists are those who can finally afford the types of cars they lusted after as younger people. When I was in high school a friend's father had a 1987 Turbo. That car stayed in my mind for a long time. But today's Turbo is not like the 1987 Turbo. In my mind the GT3/GT3 RS is more like that 1987 turbo. There are many that will disagree with me on that, but that's ok - we're all enthusiasts and I can't say that any one person's opinion is more right or better than another's when it comes to defending a purchase - unless it's a turbo owner who realizes after the fact that they should have bought the GT3
Old 03-19-2016, 02:29 PM
vtgt
Pro

Nice thoughts. Funny I am a Huge technologist and in IT mgmt, but I lust the raw and pure experience. If I could have big that would be great I guess but almost an oxymoron.

I love all vintage cars by vintage I mean pre 2005 and all the way back....but I also appreciate the new cars like the 991 TTS, but I find the GT3 and hell even the S more fun to drive at speeds under 100 as you have to work a little harder and it just feels more basic and raw and high strung. Ideally you have both right? Money no issue, but for a new 991 TT there are many more older cars and lightly run exotics I would take that are perhaps older but more special.

I feel like a few years ago people even younger generation were lusting after driving older cars and purists but that is changing , perhaps it will cycle back. I did hear rumours that car people population is dwindling, not sure how that impacts values going fwd.

I don't think I can go wrong with a newer NA 911 regardless of trim. I also don't think a 997 turbo would make me unhappy but just more relaxed, and good all around sporty car.

I feel you on the daily grind though and I am a big a huge Audi fan, (I also miss my e60 m5) and v10 s6, any s or Rs with the 4.0t is incredible but again not raw but not supposed to be, and almost does things too easily. I loved the swb a8 with even the 3.0t and all the bells and whistles. Always loved the r8 v10 as I feel it fit somewhere between a 911 turbo, gt3, and entry level exotic. Agreed on the 3-4 car setup.

Long post but hopefully others have thoughts on this
Old 03-19-2016, 08:10 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

The 991.1 GT3 is awesome. I really don't care if price drops or goes up. It is priceless to me. I am just focused on enjoying this baby.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: .1 to .2 price drop