Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More RS Allocations on their way

Old 03-14-2016, 07:58 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Any one have any idea of how many are actually sitting in dealer showrooms?
I was at the Pensky Auto Mall in Scottsdale last month. Porsche, Ferrari, etc ... They had 5 RS's I saw for sale just there.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:29 PM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I was told any colors on the dealers configurator wee available but I picked GT Silver so I didn't try the other pseudo PTS colors. PAG took two days to do a feasibility check on my spec and approved. Had I picked a pseudo PTS color maybe they would have bounced it. Sorry best I can do.

I know my dealer was fighting for an allocation for me for several months so I don't think they were sitting on this one and the back story explained to me about the lobbying that occurred with PCNA rings true. When they informed me the allocation was available I literally had to drop everything and go down and spec that day (which was fine).
Old 03-14-2016, 08:45 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by MS7044
I was told any colors on the dealers configurator wee available but I picked GT Silver so I didn't try the other pseudo PTS colors. PAG took two days to do a feasibility check on my spec and approved. Had I picked a pseudo PTS color maybe they would have bounced it. Sorry best I can do.

I know my dealer was fighting for an allocation for me for several months so I don't think they were sitting on this one and the back story explained to me about the lobbying that occurred with PCNA rings true. When they informed me the allocation was available I literally had to drop everything and go down and spec that day (which was fine).
Okay, thanks. I was told the same thing (any color on the config) earlier this year, but Miami, Yellow and Black had already been removed from the list. So sounds like just the four colors. Not sold on any of them but currently debating between GT Silver and UV.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:46 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,790 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
Porsche didn't release more allocations. The dealers were told to get their *** in gear and build the cars that they're sitting on.
Time is running out...
This is the most irritating part...when stealers place games with their allocations.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:48 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,790 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
I was at the Pensky Auto Mall in Scottsdale last month. Porsche, Ferrari, etc ... They had 5 RS's I saw for sale just there.
And Auto Gallery has 7 just sitting around collecting dust. I wonder how long their hold out with their insane asking prices....
Old 03-14-2016, 11:38 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

So there are no more allocations coming? Confused here.

So its just dealers sitting on allocations and not ordering cars? Why? I'm not following this. They make a nice cut even at MSRP. What are they waiting for?

Are they waiting for the sitting inventory to sell at ridiculous ADMs which is clearly not happening and the longer they wait and the closer we get to the .2 with optional MT and a 4.0 the worse it gets for them.

Can someone please explain such strategy?

Old 03-15-2016, 12:42 AM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
This is the most irritating part...when stealers place games with their allocations.

Agree
Old 03-15-2016, 12:51 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There is more allocation coming. My GM said today they probably get one possibly two. There are 189 Porsche dealers in US. Most likely not all dealers will get one but still even if half of them get an allocation there probably be ~100 more coming. Thats just my guess.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Well it would seem those already playing games with their allocations would be out.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:17 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
There is more allocation coming. My GM said today they probably get one possibly two. There are 189 Porsche dealers in US. Most likely not all dealers will get one but still even if half of them get an allocation there probably be ~100 more coming. Thats just my guess.
I posted it earlier, but conspiracy theories seemed to take over. I was told 80 more by my dealer, and 2 friends were given the same figure by theirs.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:09 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I posted it earlier, but conspiracy theories seemed to take over. I was told 80 more by my dealer, and 2 friends were given the same figure by theirs.
Solid assumption. Why would they go through all the trouble just to produce 20 more RS. I say min 100 more coming if not more. This is the time to move and grab one. Put in your demand order ASAP.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:28 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've posted this here and it other related threads ; I went into my dealer to get my deposit back and the SM wanted to look things over before I took it back ; I'm #2 on the list now and he understands that there will be another round of allocations that will probably include me . The number he figures to be coming was higher than anything I've seen here . Maybe what he was told is wrong - who knows , but it does seem like a good portion of the pent up demand might be satisfied - fingers crossed .
Old 03-15-2016, 01:44 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts
Default MORE ALLOCATIONS COMING

As I've said many months ago,when people were talking about the RS like the holy grail of the Porsche family,a car you can't obtain unless you're close to God himself. They were also justifying their opinion based on the complexity of building the magnesium roof. Yet Porsche has built the most number of GT3s in the history and most likely will build the most RSs in history...
Old 03-15-2016, 03:13 PM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

have not tracked a turbo s. my 83 year old dad has a new one (yes I know...). car is a rocket just feels heavy and too quiet for me but no denying the performance.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:24 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

My best friend just got a turbo S last week. Its got the full Tubi and Giac Stage 1 chip. I have to say-the car is flipping awesome. I never in a million years thought I'd like it . But in Sport plus with PDCC the car handles great and I didn't detect (albeit on only quick street driving) and real weight sensation. The acceleration is flat out silly. With Cup2's and some suspension alignment there is not doubt this car is faster than an Rs around almost any track.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More RS Allocations on their way