Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More RS Allocations on their way

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 10:09 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

Pepe Porsche has a listing on eBay for msrp, but that's cant be correct.
I suppose anything is possible, but I can't see the gt3 being replaced by what was once a limited edition model, the 911R. I also can't see the gt4 filling a void left by the departure of the gt3. As someone mentioned before I'd guess a slight bump in HP somewhere over the 400 mark, and a starting price in the mid-upper 90s. It'll be interesting to see what happens!
Old 03-13-2016, 10:28 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
I forgot, dealers know everything.
What do I know ? - , but dealers usually tell you less are coming or none so maybe it's a hopeful sign .
Old 03-13-2016, 10:48 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

With the 36 sitting at crazy ADM's on Dupont that would make for a total of what, 96 cars now sitting conservatively.

With even conservative new allocation that brings us to 12% now sitting and languishing.

I doubt Porsche likes what has happened and likely will make enough to drive prices back to MSRP or close to it.

I am sure Porsche is not making more just to have them sit with the rest collecting dust.

I get it that those that have them would like nothing more than to see the prices remain or even go higher. Those that made that decision to buy at high ADMs have an axe to grind.

These are not collector cars whose values have risen over time due to intangible aspects of desirability of the "classic" offering what the new cutting edge can't. This new RS 991 market has been artificially driven up by dealers and speculators capitalizing on a desire for a new car that is the latest and greatest.

Those that have seen the bubble popping and exercised patience will be rewarded. My prediction. Those that paid high ADMs, don't whine about it when it happens. You got your instant gratification and fed the stealership horde helping to deprive others from being able to buy the car at its MSRP.

Time for those who exercised patience and wisdom to be rewarded. Those that didn't...well its not all bad, you still have a GT3 RS. .
Old 03-14-2016, 12:16 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

It's hard to say if Porsches cares or not, they just did the same thing again to a higher degree on the 911R. You'll see a lot of them showing up on lots pretty soon after delivery I'm sure.

I can't complain, because I'm 99% there on selling my PTS RS tomorow pre-delivery for a profit. But I would rather see Porsches get back to being something to drive and enjoy - many other ways to make money.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:26 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
It's hard to say if Porsches cares or not, they just did the same thing again to a higher degree on the 911R. You'll see a lot of them showing up on lots pretty soon after delivery I'm sure.

I can't complain, because I'm 99% there on selling my PTS RS tomorow pre-delivery for a profit. But I would rather see Porsches get back to being something to drive and enjoy - many other ways to make money.
This is me. Have a bottom line number in my head and will just enjoy the car until I get it, or don't, and just keep enjoying car
Old 03-14-2016, 12:39 AM
tmario
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may be wrong, but I thought I had read that by the time they reach the dealers, the cars have been sold from the motherships point of view, so if anything, they would just be annoyed that they may have left some money on the table but they would not be "unsold"
Old 03-14-2016, 01:33 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by poofyo101
I imagine it would be more than 60 also. But just a guess
Even if they increase the allocation by 100 cars, it's still less than 1 car per dealer. I don't think it's going to make any significant difference on the current market price at all. I expect to see 900-1000 RS delivered in the US by the end of the production run. Having another 60-100 cars are not going to make any difference.

The only way to drive down the price of the RS is when the 991.2 RS gets announced.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:21 AM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I received an msrp allocation and was able to spec it about 10 days ago (no PTS but everything else including black/UV/SY color choices available). I don't think it's a new allocation as its a mid May production/July delivery. I got the distinct sense this was a favor to my dealer from PCNA to pass something nice to me when it became apparent there was no chance at a R.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:30 AM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Porsche didn't release more allocations. The dealers were told to get their *** in gear and build the cars that they're sitting on.
Time is running out...
Old 03-14-2016, 11:34 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by MS7044
I received an msrp allocation and was able to spec it about 10 days ago (no PTS but everything else including black/UV/SY color choices available). I don't think it's a new allocation as its a mid May production/July delivery. I got the distinct sense this was a favor to my dealer from PCNA to pass something nice to me when it became apparent there was no chance at a R.
Can you confirm your comment about colors? UV is available but was told only the four standard and optional colors could be chosen (white, silver, UV and LO.) Have an email from PCNA through my dealer stating no PTS or the "pseudo-PTS" colors like Racing Yellow, Black, Miami. Is yours a US allocation?
Old 03-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
Porsche didn't release more allocations. The dealers were told to get their *** in gear and build the cars that they're sitting on.
Time is running out...

Are you saying dealers still have allocations they have not doalled out yet?

How can we find out which dealers are sitting on allocations and what motivatoin would they have for doing so?
Old 03-14-2016, 06:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

^^^ asking $$ for a configurable allocation, typically priced even higher than the cars sitting.

As soon as they spec the car the over MSRP $$ gets less but they load up the car as there is profit in options.

What's more interesting is why Porsche now tells them to hurry up and spec them out.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:45 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wouldn't it be something if PAG decided to take back the allocations from the dealers. Sorry we stopped making the RS's, you took too long to order. I know, I know, fat chance that will ever happen. As someone else has said regarding dealership/PAG relationships, they are very tight.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:25 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lumber
Time is running out...
This makes sense.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:34 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bronson7
Wouldn't it be something if PAG decided to take back the allocations from the dealers. Sorry we stopped making the RS's, you took too long to order. I know, I know, fat chance that will ever happen. As someone else has said regarding dealership/PAG relationships, they are very tight.
um, youre not too far off...

Quick Reply: More RS Allocations on their way