991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 12:53 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wegentop
Price in Australia after I spec
Lol. That deviated stitching sure is expensive!
Old 07-06-2017, 12:55 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Cookie991
That's nuts, expensive Roll Cage

I moved to the US from Melbourne 4 years ago, basically sold my 997 TT and bought a GT3 & Turbo Cayenne with the money...
Working in tech industry? Looked into this recently and the US salaries didnt look great.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:03 AM
Cookie991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Working in tech industry? Looked into this recently and the US salaries didnt look great.
Yes tech, depends what you do but I'd argue in the Valley & Seattle the wages are higher, PM if you wanna chat.

Cheer up wegentop, when ever Aussie Porsche prices get you down, channel the poor folks in Singapore.

GT2RS 955K USD

Old 07-06-2017, 01:07 AM
wegentop
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cookie991
Yes tech, depends what you do but I'd argue in the Valley & Seattle the wages are higher, PM if you wanna chat.

Cheer up wegentop, when ever Aussie Porsche prices get you down, channel the poor folks in Singapore.

GT2RS 955K USD

i heard honda jazz is worth around 100k usd over there ...
Old 07-06-2017, 01:49 AM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I'm with Green Lantern if you guys don't want it because it's furpy sounding or you don't like gold wheels...send it my way. I'd love to have a track beater and a time capsule.

700hp is 700hp and that sounds fun to me. Wrap the whole car and go play. Scare your passengers.

What I don't understand are the guys saying "if I cannot get PTS then I am not interested"- is that about future value/ flipping?

I do feel bad for the Aussies. Almost F12TDF money at that level once it's optioned etc.
Totally agree and the sound is subjective. Moreover, on track I wish I had quieter cars and thats after wearing industrial grade ear plugs

700HP will be a real hoot in this car and a fantastic challenge to master effectively.

The prices in Australia are out of hand - one of the big problems is the luxury car tax which cuts in at $65,094, anything above this price is taxed at 33%. Moreover, there is no cap on either GST or LCT

So for a car with a base price of 300K there is 30K to pay in GST plus $77,518 in LCT. Basically, in Australia a high income earner has to clear 200K just to pay the LCT and GST component of the car purchase price. To cover the full price of the new car, if they are a cash buyer, they have to have income in excess of ~$800k pa. Hence in Australia, the buyers of new 911s are the 0.1%s and not the 1%s (as in the US).
Old 07-06-2017, 02:25 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by randr
The prices in Australia are out of hand - one of the big problems is the luxury car tax which cuts in at $65,094, anything above this price is taxed at 33%. Moreover, there is no cap on either GST or LCT
Whilst this is not incorrect, PCA does VERY well out of the AU market, nothing wrong with that, as I, as many others here, are willingly parting with our hard earned...
Old 07-06-2017, 03:21 AM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by .dee
Whilst this is not incorrect, PCA does VERY well out of the AU market, nothing wrong with that, as I, as many others here, are willingly parting with our hard earned...
OT - Obviously I have done the same - Porsche price to market conditions - alls fair in love and war. No one twists our arms.

However an uncapped LCT is nonsense in a country, where as it currently stands, the top 10% of income earners account for 50% of the tax take.

Moreover, there are significant disincentives with respect to investment in Australia, particularly if you operate in International capital markets. Superimposed on this, and from my perspective, there are three states that are no go zones.

Add the increasingly muddled tax laws plus unrelenting poor government of all persuasions coupled with the politics of envy and lack of energy security and you end up with a cocktail that will result in very nasty outcome all round.

I am in the market for another high performance sports car, unfortunately it won't be a Porsche at least in the short term (although I will continue to own two Porsche sports cars) - and I will still have to pay a significant amount of LCT on a 720S (from the perspective of an average Australian).

Just because one can afford it doesn't mean its good business or a good and just tax.

The choice in Australia at the price point of GT2RS is interesting........if they put the engine in the middle, I'd put a deposit down.

Last edited by randr; 07-06-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:59 AM
pete95zhn
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 57 Posts

Price in Finland is €297980,- (with 24% VAT) and €523559,- with vehicle tax. Latter is more or less the same than in Australia. With Weissach-pack prices are €329175,- and €578390,-.
Tax free for export €240300,-, with Weissach pack €265457,-. What's interesting, you can buy Weissach pack with or without the titanium roll cage. Tax free prices are €22440,- vs €25157,-, so the cage itself is just €2717,-.

Tax free Price list.

Power. Lots is good, more is better, too much is just right...

'87 951, RIP
'00 996 C2 L92U AQ / IXAA IXRB IX54 M96/7.xx G96/7.88 M030 M375 M376 M436 M476 M601 M983 ... + 991 GT3 brakes, 997 GT3 sway bars, fully monoball'd suspension, Bilstein Cup Car coilovers, do88 Big Pack ICs. 10 & 12 x 19" BBS CH-R wheels with 265/30 & 325 /30 -19 MPSC2s.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:21 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Parkour antics in this one look tame, until the end.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:47 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Parkour antics in this one look tame, until the end.

https://youtu.be/TQbdkivf3yE
Thanks for posting - great ad. Each video just makes me want the car more...
Old 07-06-2017, 10:00 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by randr
OT - Obviously I have done the same - Porsche price to market conditions - alls fair in love and war. No one twists our arms.
not disagreeing with you, but in perspective, we are talking about this whilst ordering $700k cars.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:22 AM
cebe
Racer

Received 340 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Porsche forcing 6 months leasing in some EU countries

I am actively attempting to buy one on the secondary market as I did not get an official allocation ...

Looks like the Porsche policy in Switzerland and in Germany with the GT2 RS is to force the garage that placed the order to subscribe a lease directly with Porsche financial arm with a substantial penalty for repayment within the first 6 months.

These creates a problem for the garage to re-sell the car as they have to find a buyer willing to wait the 6 months after delivery to be able to transfer the car in his/her name.
Also the 6 months "holding period" means that the cars will be available to the final buyer basically 12 months from now and in the 6 months they will be registered under the garage name anything can happen that can create a problem or reduce the value of the car.

My impression is that Porsche will be very strict about it and that a few professional buyers are already scrambling around to sell the cars.
Mark-ups are already very different in reality compared to the internet fantasy.
I have been offered mar-ups between 50 and 80k with different arrangements, but my feeling is that they (the professional buyers) are worried about getting stuck with a very expensive car they have purchased themself and do not have in deposit from a private owner on commission.

Anybody in the same boat that cares to share some market knowledge.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by cebe
I am actively attempting to buy one on the secondary market as I did not get an official allocation ...

Looks like the Porsche policy in Switzerland and in Germany with the GT2 RS is to force the garage that placed the order to subscribe a lease directly with Porsche financial arm with a substantial penalty for repayment within the first 6 months.

These creates a problem for the garage to re-sell the car as they have to find a buyer willing to wait the 6 months after delivery to be able to transfer the car in his/her name.
Also the 6 months "holding period" means that the cars will be available to the final buyer basically 12 months from now and in the 6 months they will be registered under the garage name anything can happen that can create a problem or reduce the value of the car.

My impression is that Porsche will be very strict about it and that a few professional buyers are already scrambling around to sell the cars.
Mark-ups are already very different in reality compared to the internet fantasy.
I have been offered mar-ups between 50 and 80k with different arrangements, but my feeling is that they (the professional buyers) are worried about getting stuck with a very expensive car they have purchased themself and do not have in deposit from a private owner on commission.

Anybody in the same boat that cares to share some market knowledge.

It sounds like you think Porsche has released all allocations for the GT2RS? It hasn't even been a week yet. I think the best thing to do is find a dealer who will place an order demand for the car for you. I believe this is what Porsche is looking for. They want to get an idea of demand to get an idea of their potential production. They did the same for the 3RS and the GT4. Once they saw the demand for the GT4 they significantly adjusted production.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:05 PM
cebe
Racer

Received 340 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Loess
It sounds like you think Porsche has released all allocations for the GT2RS? It hasn't even been a week yet. I think the best thing to do is find a dealer who will place an order demand for the car for you. I believe this is what Porsche is looking for. They want to get an idea of demand to get an idea of their potential production. They did the same for the 3RS and the GT4. Once they saw the demand for the GT4 they significantly adjusted production.

I enquired with my Porsche Center here in Switzerland and they told me that the allocation for the first lot will be issed in the next few days.
They are apparently expecting two separate batches of allocation, one in the near future and one issued once production will have started (like it happened on the GT3 RS).
But their feeling is that the second lot will be not as big as the first one.

They also told me that probably the first allocations will be for
non-Weissach cars to be produced before the end of 2017 and delivered already in January.

Currently they have stopped taking orders for the GT2 at 17 ... and they espect to get a first allocation batch of about 10.

To put into perspective: on the GT3 RS they had a first allocation batch of about 20 and in total they delivered 33 (thirtythree, ... it is not a typo).
Must be one of the highest number of GT3 RS delivered by a single Porsche Center.

Despite the above ... they can not apparently get me a GT2 RS officially.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:06 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

cebe,

many i guess 20+ Austrian and German Porsche Centers got also 15-30 GT3RS allocations. a couple for sure also 30+

and as you can guess it will also be the same with GT2RS - but maybe half the numbers or a bit less.

now comes the hardest: "stay on it than you will get one - in a regular way - but you will have to wait for sure till next summer to be able to drive it"

good luck with your search!

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS