Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 03:29 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Update on my car. Water tank is empty. Sensor not tripping any warning so the car thinks it is full.

They are on phone with germany to figure out if it’s ok for it to spill water out of the intercoolers under heavy braking.

Either way the sensor needs to be replaced. Maybe something more significant than that. Check your tanks people. The little white filter basket comes out and you can see into the tank to see if it’s full. Mine was bone dry.

I had the opposite problem with my car when I took delivery: it believed it had no water.

The problem disappeared after driving it from the dealership. Was not fortune enough to empty the water tank before the tank disappeared with rest of the car. LOL
Old 10-04-2018, 04:42 PM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Update on my car. Water tank is empty. Sensor not tripping any warning so the car thinks it is full.

They are on phone with germany to figure out if it’s ok for it to spill water out of the intercoolers under heavy braking.

Either way the sensor needs to be replaced. Maybe something more significant than that. Check your tanks people. The little white filter basket comes out and you can see into the tank to see if it’s full. Mine was bone dry.

Crap, that doesn't sound good. Did you notice any lack of power?

Let us know what they find out. Heading to the track tmw so would like to know if its a isolated problem and how major of a problem. Our cars rolled off the line together so it could very well affect my car too.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:46 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by BK77
Crap, that doesn't sound good. Did you notice any lack of power?

Let us know what they find out. Heading to the track tmw so would like to know if its a isolated problem and how major of a problem. Our cars rolled off the line together so it could very well affect my car too.

didnt notice any but the car has so much power it could be down 50-100 without noticing it. If the water wasn’t cooling the IC’s, the ECU would pull boost and dial back the timing

They are in it right now. Should know more by the end of the day.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Go go go!

Old 10-04-2018, 05:25 PM
manolis
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

The guy is just a straight up FW. If he truly sold the best car in his stable proofs he is complete ****, probably just borrowed it to get square bc Porsche told him to FO for being such a big noting blubbermouth flipper. His blabbering vids just bury him deeper and deeper as a sore *** flipper. Someone needs to tell him don't ever go near a camera and keep the mouth shut up. But he can't coz he just love hearing himself yap yap yap about BS to try be a big man. I hear his big mouth and flipping got himself also in a pickle with Ferrari haha....what a loser.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:38 PM
frangt2rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Let's see if it closes for over $400k.
orb s already 410K and the end of the auction is in 4 days...
Old 10-04-2018, 05:51 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

From game-theory perspective, two dealers holding multiple 2RS in inventory could easily use BaT by one of them listing a car and the other one bidding it up to $550k and "buying" it from the first. Then either not do the transaction or do it then reverse it back behind the scenes. It would only cost them the $5k BaT fee but the very visible $550k BaT "comp" would be worth much more. Do this twice and they've made the "market". Would this even be illegal?
Old 10-04-2018, 06:18 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
From game-theory perspective, two dealers holding multiple 2RS in inventory could easily use BaT by one of them listing a car and the other one bidding it up to $550k and "buying" it from the first. Then either not do the transaction or do it then reverse it back behind the scenes. It would only cost them the $5k BaT fee but the very visible $550k BaT "comp" would be worth much more. Do this twice and they've made the "market". Would this even be illegal?
Yes would be illegal.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:21 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

didnt notice any but the car has so much power it could be down 50-100 without noticing it. If the water wasn’t cooling the IC’s, the ECU would pull boost and dial back the timing

They are in it right now. Should know more by the end of the day.
I guess the guy who designed the oil level gauge is still employed by Porsche. Hope you get it sorted, Sean.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:54 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Correct. When he first sold his black 918 Spyder with no options (he bought one of Auto Gallery's 3 no-options car), he lost his VIP rights. He had to fight really hard to get the VIP rights back when he purchased the Acid Green 918 second hand (technically, he didn't profit from the deal because while he profited on his black 918, he gave everything back and then some when he bought the Acid Green 918). When he sold his second hand Acid Green 918, he lost his VIP rights, since he only had the car for about a year. So yes, he bought his GT2RS at some ADM.

He also lives in my neighborhood, renting...

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Salomondrin is simply a Sour Pu$$. As much as he wants to act like a Porsche VIP, no he is not. He is NOT even considered a VVIP (one who buys multiple Porsches in a given year). He is a known YouTuber and does not have any technical know-how to share on any of his high prized cars he owns.

The more I think about him flipping his black GT2RS for $15K, is because he already paid ADM on it and can only fleece somebody by that much.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 10-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Correct. When he first sold his black 918 Spyder with no options (he bought one of Auto Gallery's 3 no-options car), he lost his VIP rights. He had to fight really hard to get the VIP rights back when he purchased the Acid Green 918 second hand (technically, he didn't profit from the deal because while he profited on his black 918, he gave everything back and then some when he bought the Acid Green 918). When he sold his second hand Acid Green 918, he lost his VIP rights, since he only had the car for about a year. So yes, he bought his GT2RS at some ADM.

At least he doesn't have to re-mortgage his home in Taiwan to afford his current home.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:08 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

LOL. Up to your old tricks again Mr. Ervinwu/Andial? Spreading false information again. I’m glad to see you are back on the forum under another name. Hope you last longer this time and not get banned. Welcome back

Originally Posted by 917
At least he doesn't have to re-mortgage his home in Taiwan to afford his current home.

Last edited by unotaz; 10-04-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
To each his/her own. Car selection is a matter or preference based on need. Salomondrin prefers his 720s and Performante and respect his choice.

We all know this 991 GT2RS is by far the BEST 911 for now at the track, until the next iteration of its kind.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
800 HP flat six, port water injection, plus a special water/meth overboost mode that cranks the power to 850.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:51 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by 917
Hey it's Mr. Andial! Welcome Back! How's the chess club?
Old 10-04-2018, 09:55 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you for confirming that unotaz.

He is a good actor. He should try Hollywood.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by unotaz

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS