Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 11:45 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Mickey D
My dealer has fhe attached build available if anyone is interested. PM me for the contact information.

Oh cool, a dealer spec build for $100k+ over MSRP how nice of them to offer it up to the public. Guess they didn't have enough good customers that they could have given the allocation to for MSRP, huh? haha
Old 10-03-2018, 12:22 AM
Mickey D
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Oh cool, a dealer spec build for $100k+ over MSRP how nice of them to offer it up to the public. Guess they didn't have enough good customers that they could have given the allocation to for MSRP, huh? haha
unfortunately for us here in socal getting a gt car for msrp is darn near impossible regardless of past relationship with the dealer specially when too many buyers are welling to pay the asked ADM to have the latest and greatest. Same dealer sent me a spec sheet of a loaded gt3rs that had just hit their showroom. I passed the info to one of my friends who is in the market for one. My friend stopped by the dealer 2 days later only to find out the car was gone for $30k over. The car didnt even last 2 days.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:25 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

unfortunately for us here in socal getting a gt car for msrp is darn near impossible regardless of past relationship with the dealer specially when too many buyers are welling to pay the asked ADM to have the latest and greatest. Same dealer sent me a spec sheet of a loaded gt3rs that had just hit their showroom. I passed the info to one of my friends who is in the market for one. My friend stopped by the dealer 2 days later only to find out the car was gone for $30k over. The car didnt even last 2 days.
Oh believe me I know all too well that SoCal Porsche dealers are worthless as a relationship means nothing to them hence why I have a relationship with a Porsche dealer outside of CA who values a relationship.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

My dealer has fhe attached build available if anyone is interested. PM me for the contact information.

was there any option not ticked?
Old 10-03-2018, 04:36 PM
ruuddevil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides the resurfaced ptsrs pics there are now more posts on Instagram of the monster GT2 RS in the BMW / Miami Blue combo.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

You mean this one?

Old 10-03-2018, 06:46 PM
SEB74
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

First test on the ring with CUP R tire!
how Michelin f**** did it street legal 😅
it is a slick really

Old 10-03-2018, 07:20 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

The blue nipples is le cxx juste.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:22 PM
kevin1244
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BK77
it sprays the intercoolers to keep them cool, if water runs out car loses about 40-50 HP. last about 30 min of heavy track use before you need to refill.
I am not sure what you mean by "intercoolers" but the idea is to spray enough cold water vapor into the "intake" manifolds to cool the air for improved oxygen content due to more compressed air; thus more HP. This concept was used in the 2016 M4 GTS (I have one in my garage) recently but really goes back, way back into the 60's...I believe an American car industry innovation.

How does it work?

Injectors spray water mist into the intake manifold, which quickly turns to water vapor through evaporation. As the water evaporates the air temperature is lowered by about 80 degrees F. This is the same principle as your body sweating. When your body sweats, the water on your skin turns to vapor and lowers your body temperature.

Cooler air also means more dense air. The denser the air, the more fuel can be burned thus creating more power. Vehicles at sea level take in more dense air than at altitude on mountain roads. The thinner air at altitude decreases engine performance. In aviation, many piston driven engine aircraft compensate for the thinner air at altitude by using turbos. The turbos literally ram more air into the engine to compensate for the thinner air and create more efficient power.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:34 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SEB74
First test on the ring with CUP R tire!
how Michelin f**** did it street legal 😅
it is a slick really
It'll be interesting to see how many heat cycles you get out of them.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:38 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin1244
I am not sure what you mean by "intercoolers" but the idea is to spray enough cold water vapor into the "intake" manifolds to cool the air for improved oxygen content due to more compressed air; thus more HP. This concept was used in the 2016 M4 GTS (I have one in my garage) recently but really goes back, way back into the 60's...I believe an American car industry innovation.

How does it work?

Injectors spray water mist into the intake manifold, which quickly turns to water vapor through evaporation. As the water evaporates the air temperature is lowered by about 80 degrees F. This is the same principle as your body sweating. When your body sweats, the water on your skin turns to vapor and lowers your body temperature.

Cooler air also means more dense air. The denser the air, the more fuel can be burned thus creating more power. Vehicles at sea level take in more dense air than at altitude on mountain roads. The thinner air at altitude decreases engine performance. In aviation, many piston driven engine aircraft compensate for the thinner air at altitude by using turbos. The turbos literally ram more air into the engine to compensate for the thinner air and create more efficient power.
GT2 RS does not spray water into the intake like the BMW. Its purely external to cool the intercoolers.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
GT2 RS does not spray water into the intake like the BMW. Its purely external to cool the intercoolers.
Correct.

As for injecting water into the manifold, that goes back to WW2 when piston engine aircraft ran water/meth ADI to control detonation at absurd boost pressures.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:33 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Here’s something interesting.

I was black flagged at my first track day in my GT2RS. They called me in and told me I am dumping fluid every time I exit turn 1. I asked how much fluid and they said about 1/2 cup. We scratched our heads for a while. The track was shut down so we could inspect the fluid and it was gone. At which point I realized the fluid was distilled water that was pooling up in the front somewhere upon braking after the front straight.

It was quite a relief, and they let me back out no problem. I also got my fjest low water warning that day! Badge of honor.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:14 AM
ruuddevil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@nizer Yes
Old 10-04-2018, 03:31 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Here’s something interesting.

I was black flagged at my first track day in my GT2RS. They called me in and told me I am dumping fluid every time I exit turn 1. I asked how much fluid and they said about 1/2 cup. We scratched our heads for a while. The track was shut down so we could inspect the fluid and it was gone. At which point I realized the fluid was distilled water that was pooling up in the front somewhere upon braking after the front straight.

It was quite a relief, and they let me back out no problem. I also got my fjest low water warning that day! Badge of honor.
Water tank leaking?

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS