991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 06:57 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by frangt2rs

do you ask your Porsche center ? For 50 k over it will be hard but I think you can find ( perhaps for 80 k over ).
Yes, so far no luck as they said they could maybe do $150k, but not $50k. Best I could find was $100k over although I am sure that one is gone now. My plan is to wait until the end and hope for a slot or, with a GT2RS, I would be ok with one off the lot or used even. It just has to be black. I could even live with the red interior.

If I get a slot I would do black, satin aluminium wheels, model designation delete, leather interior with deviated stitching in black, painted vent slats, FAL, tank, fire extinguisher. No WP, no wart.

Then i would send it out for a 6MT with the money I saved on the WP. :-)
Old 01-06-2018, 07:04 PM
frangt2rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij

Yes, so far no luck as they said they could maybe do $150k, but not $50k. Best I could find was $100k over although I am sure that one is gone now. My plan is to wait until the end and hope for a slot or, with a GT2RS, I would be ok with one off the lot or used even. It just has to be black. I could even live with the red interior.
150k is hard.. 😪 But it s the same in Europe and many guys paid 150 k over so the price on the second hand market market will be around 500 k.
But I am sure you could find on rennlist someone who could help you to find a gt2rs for 50 ~ 70 K over msrp !
Old 01-06-2018, 07:42 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by frangt2rs

150k is hard.. 😪 But it s the same in Europe and many guys paid 150 k over so the price on the second hand market market will be around 500 k.
But I am sure you could find on rennlist someone who could help you to find a gt2rs for 50 ~ 70 K over msrp !
That is why I am asking here on rennlist for help. 😁
Old 01-06-2018, 07:53 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Wait a year from now, the price will be much closer to MSRP....mark my words. Way allocations are coming.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:53 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

That is why I am asking here on rennlist for help. 😁
Get the 2RS to hold you off while you wait for your GT3T

In all seriousness eagerly waiting for your delivery pics, she should be a beauty
Old 01-06-2018, 07:58 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I was informed that China now has overtaken USA with regard to PORSCHE GT cars being bought around the world. This is one of the drivers that makes the GT2RS difficult to acquire. That is why most if not all PORSCHE dealers here require owners to sign a "No Export" agreement, otherwise when the car gets shipped out of USA the VIN gets tagged by customs and manufacturers pay for that data. These hard to get GT cars once exported abroad command a lot of money. From what I hear 1 & 1/2 to twice the MSRP once exported. Once caught, the exporter gets "Black Listed" by the dealer, on top of paying a hefty monetary penalty. $100K is the lowest I hear here at Rennlist. Almost all dealers will at least do $150K on up if configurable. After all it is the reigning "King of Nurburgring."

Drive safe,
GT3Rs-Fan1

That is why I am asking here on rennlist for help. ��
Old 01-06-2018, 08:10 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Wait a year from now, the price will be much closer to MSRP....mark my words. Way allocations are coming.
I tend to agree with you. AP said it, they are directly marketing GT3 to consumers (model car) and they raised the price on PTS while offering it to everyone who asks for it. Seems they decided to make more money, at least for now.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:44 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
No disagreement with you on that one.

But the problem, you see, is that the same people who "have no taste or poor taste" will be participating in any such poll.
Everyone thinks they have good taste, including those who drive around proud in a Pontiac Aztek, so why anyone would solicit "help" from strangers is amusing to me. Ask a room full of car owners if they have good taste in design and all hands go high; clearly, that can't be true.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:24 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Everyone thinks they have good taste, including those who drive around proud in a Pontiac Aztek, so why anyone would solicit "help" from strangers is amusing to me. Ask a room full of car owners if they have good taste in design and all hands go high; clearly, that can't be true.
The existence of the PT Cruiser is proof of this. *pukes a few times*
Old 01-06-2018, 09:41 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That is what I am counting on!
Old 01-06-2018, 09:48 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

I don’t know about that re: taste. Certainly everyone has their preferences, but I got a lot of help here and giving people ideas and suggestions and especially sharing pictures and information can only help (I hope). My view is, absent some things that really in my view clash (mixing interior accent colors I am not a fan of), you can’t go too far wrong. Even some really odd builds — admittedly not possible on GT cars — I think look great. Like blue interior with red or yellow exterior or green exterior with red interior.

Of course, I think wood trim is the height of beauty so no one should listen to me. ��
Old 01-06-2018, 11:49 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

More GT cars are coming than anyone thinks possible. They are trying to push out more high dollar cars. This from my dealer/owner this evening at my house. He even told me to reconsider my incoming GT3 and just take delivery of my GT2RS and .2 RS.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:22 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
More GT cars are coming than anyone thinks possible. They are trying to push out more high dollar cars. This from my dealer/owner this evening at my house. He even told me to reconsider my incoming GT3 and just take delivery of my GT2RS and .2 RS.
And loose your trifecta!?!? How could you live with yourself!?!?!

Honestly though - if you go that route please throw your GT3 allocation to one of us. Im not too proud to feed on a whales GT3 scraps.
Old 01-07-2018, 01:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I tend to agree with you. AP said it, they are directly marketing GT3 to consumers (model car) and they raised the price on PTS while offering it to everyone who asks for it. Seems they decided to make more money, at least for now.
Originally Posted by fastmd
Totally agree...it happened with the .1GT3 and the .1RS. I bet they only handed out a fraction of the GT2RS allocations for 2018 in the US/Canada (mostly for VIPs) and more GT3 allocations are coming. I'm sticking to my guns that they'll keep building GTs cars in 2019, including the .2GT3RS. What, you are telling me they'll stop building it at 12/31/18? BS...they'll be building GT cars through mid-to-late 2019.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:19 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Redback911
Re: Distilled water - Guess Porsche will have a product we can buy to make sure we have some "rated" water ready after spirited driving and/or track days. Otherwise you might hear: "Sorry that your GT2 engine expired coming out of Eau Rouge. Unfortunately Porsche HQ has declined the warranty claim citing that IC tank was partially filled with non-rated water."

When will the US cars start arriving for customers? First UK cars will be here early February, my car is estimated to arrive week 8 (w/c 19 Feb). Very very excited.
Originally Posted by Footsoldier

My car is due before 1 March (also UK). Not long to wait, now we're in 2018!
Originally Posted by GT3RS
I have to finalise the spec on my car in the next few weeks.
I have heard all UK cars coming in the next 3 months or so, may not be any more,

What have you gone for?
I am currently split black or white, red indoors? definitely upgrade pack
Originally Posted by Akunob
GT Silver all day...wow!
UK Lads,

Mine is coming early March (got delayed a bit when I added black painted slats with leather covered vents a few weeks before the lock).

What colour did you decide on?

i went GT Silver to show off the carbon. Almost went black.

we should arrange a meet up in March. Anyone up for that?

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS