Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

40whp and 30wtq gains with Dundon Motorsports Headers, no flash required!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 06:11 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I drove the GT3 with no cats, headers and oem center mufflers.
Sounds great with this much power added, weight reduction, workmanship and price point this setup is a no brainer.

Another additional big benefit that you possibly could get with a tune is that the flaps can be permanent open or closed with the exhaust button.

Of course you could just unplug it and drive it open all the time but the car is such a nice quiet DD that I'd keep the flaps active for when I'm using blue tooth for phone calls..
It was nice to have Peter at Dundon Motorsports headquarters! Let him drive my GT3 with the Dundon Race Headers!
Old 04-18-2016, 01:20 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you guys have a chance to do some pulls DMS vs stock at the last event?
Are we gonna see some Vbox data or videos? Really looking forward!
Old 04-18-2016, 01:35 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by qbix
Did you guys have a chance to do some pulls DMS vs stock at the last event?
Are we gonna see some Vbox data or videos? Really looking forward!
We'll give money2356 a few days to get back to his life for updates! I reached out to him!
Old 04-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

I got the headers installed a couple weeks ago. First impressions (good and bad).
1) It's loud - open valves at cold startup would be noticed at bike week in Daytona
2) once the valves close and you are moving, it's very livable and there's no drone. I agree with Matt - its about 30% to 40% louder, but not annoying at speed.
3) at WOT above 5k, it's REALLY LOUD. It sounds totally badass, like formula 1 badass, but I've also found myself going WOT less. It gets everyone's attention within 300 yards immediately.
4) seat of pants, there really seems to be more power. It spins the tires hard on the 1-2 shift now, which it did not do before.
5) the burble and pops downshifting will make a grown man giggle.
6) workmanship and fit are superlative.

A couple of minuses
1) there's a lot more smoke, so much that your clothes will smell like smoke if you roll the windows down before it has warmed up quite a bit.
2) I got a CEL after about a week - will have to figure this out. EDIT: CEL turned off by itself after a couple of days.
3) I'm not sure I needed MORE attention than a sapphire blue GT3 gets all by itself.

Overall, the GT3 is pretty user-friendly stock. You could daily drive it and take your wife to dinner if you wanted to. This puts it over the line. It's totally fine and livable in guy world, but it's a bit over the top in noise for a nice dinner date.

So the car has lost some of its Jekyll, but the new level of baddassery in terms of noise and power is worth it if you like mr. Hyde.

Every first to third gear run with 9,000 rpm shifts will make you laugh our loud, literally. Then start looking over your shoulder for cops or disapproving normal citizens.

Last edited by Earlierapex; 04-27-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:07 PM
991 GT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see all plus' for me personally. Love every aspect you covered. The only prob is
I Don't Have this system yet have a GMG center and live the chaos it creates. Now I want to add HP.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:11 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Earlierapex
I got the headers installed a couple weeks ago. First impressions (good and bad).
1) It's loud - open valves at cold startup would be noticed at bike week in Daytona
2) once the valves close and you are moving, it's very livable and there's no drone. I agree with Matt - its about 30% to 40% louder, but not annoying at speed.
3) at WOT above 5k, it's REALLY LOUD. It sounds totally badass, like formula 1 badass, but I've also found myself going WOT less. It gets everyone's attention within 300 yards immediately.
4) seat of pants, there really seems to be more power. It spins the tires hard on the 1-2 shift now, which it did not do before.

A couple of minuses
1) there's a lot more smoke, so much that your clothes will smell like smoke if you roll the windows down before it has warmed up quite a bit.
2) I got a CEL after about a week - will have to figure this out.
3) I'm not sure I needed MORE attention than a sapphire blue GT3 gets all by itself.

Overall, the GT3 is pretty user-friendly stock. You could daily drive it and take your wife to dinner if you wanted to. This puts it over the line. It's totally fine and livable in guy world, but it's a bit over the top in noise for a nice dinner date.

So the car has lost some of its Jekyll, but the new level of baddassery in terms of noise and power is worth it if you like mr. Hyde.

Every first to third gear run with 9,000 rpm shifts will make you laugh our loud, literally. Then start looking over your shoulder for cops or disapproving normal citizens.
Thanks for your review! This is very helpful. Matt did say he liked it nasty lol.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:18 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 991 GT3
I see all plus' for me personally. Love every aspect you covered. The only prob is I Don't Have this system yet have a GMG center and live the chaos it creates. Now I want to add HP.
Well the one negative he did mention was the CEL but since you are looking for more HP get a tune on top which will add HP and remove the CEL!
Old 04-18-2016, 08:36 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Earlierapex

A couple of minuses
2) I got a CEL after about a week - will have to figure this out.

We're working on a fix for the cold start bark, is pretty common on emissions controlled cars as it's trying to get the cats warmed up quickly. We should be able to get it to be like warm start loud.

Cold start smoking I had with the stock system, I found that after a few trackdays car wasn't smoking at all, hopefully stays that way.

CEL, if you can stop by Autozone or whomever (it's free) and have them read it and clear it and let me know what it is (no nead to go to the dealer). could be any number of things as the car is adapting...

I giggle with every shift even at part throttle, there's a tunnel in Gig Harbor, over by where the pumpkin lives. Had Pat following me the other day and opened it up in there 2nd gear to 9k and he wasn't ready for it! Made his day!

Originally Posted by robmypro
Thanks for your review! This is very helpful. Matt did say he liked it nasty lol.
You don't get 40whp by being nice...

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
Well the one negative he did mention was the CEL but since you are looking for more HP get a tune on top which will add HP and remove the CEL!
We'll get info on the CEL and figure it out, just need to know what it is!
Old 04-19-2016, 01:45 AM
loungedog
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
We're working on a fix for the cold start bark, is pretty common on emissions controlled cars as it's trying to get the cats warmed up quickly. We should be able to get it to be like warm start loud.

Cold start smoking I had with the stock system, I found that after a few trackdays car wasn't smoking at all, hopefully stays that way.

CEL, if you can stop by Autozone or whomever (it's free) and have them read it and clear it and let me know what it is (no nead to go to the dealer). could be any number of things as the car is adapting...

I giggle with every shift even at part throttle, there's a tunnel in Gig Harbor, over by where the pumpkin lives. Had Pat following me the other day and opened it up in there 2nd gear to 9k and he wasn't ready for it! Made his day!

You don't get 40whp by being nice...

We'll get info on the CEL and figure it out, just need to know what it is!

I got the same CEL myself after 40 km. It has not reset after restart.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:50 AM
Charles@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by loungedog
I got the same CEL myself after 40 km. It has not reset after restart.
Check the codes if you can. The few I have heard of and have checked have all been misfire codes only have had one confirmed cat p0420 fault.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:05 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We have 3 other RS running around with no CEL.

I sent an email for things to check on the installation, 20miles is really fast quick the only other car that had one like that was when the o2 sensor bungs were installed reversed. Feel free to call or email and we can help...

Should look like this.

Correct O2 sensor locations on DMS headers
Old 04-19-2016, 02:38 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Earlierapex and Loungedog contacted, we'll send code readers to make it easier on you both to get the codes: they're on their way to is from Amazon as we speak
Old 04-19-2016, 02:57 AM
loungedog
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
We have 3 other RS running around with no CEL.

I sent an email for things to check on the installation, 20miles is really fast quick the only other car that had one like that was when the o2 sensor bungs were installed reversed. Feel free to call or email and we can help...

Should look like this.

Correct O2 sensor locations on DMS headers
James, thank you for reaching out to me so quickly and wanting to get my car working right with these new headers. Looking forward to getting this issue resolved quickly. 👍🏻
Old 04-19-2016, 04:02 AM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still waiting for the Huracan video! (911RS ? )
Old 04-19-2016, 01:40 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 511 Likes on 229 Posts

Do you have a detailed picture of the system for the GT3 RS?

Quick Reply: 40whp and 30wtq gains with Dundon Motorsports Headers, no flash required!