Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

40whp and 30wtq gains with Dundon Motorsports Headers, no flash required!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 06:03 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles@dundonmotorsports
Just think of how much time you wasted going the long way to get our exhaust, you could have been faster this whole time
True but at least i did not go through as many exhausts as Money/Matt went through
Old 05-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by horns
Has anyone taken their car for inspection with the headers installed in a state that requires emission testing? Did it pass? Hard to imagine they would pass without cats.

I'm looking forwarded to seeing the results of the catted version.
Wouldn't recommend anyone do a race setup and try to pass emissions.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:56 PM
Charles@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by horns
Has anyone taken their car for inspection with the headers installed in a state that requires emission testing? Did it pass? Hard to imagine they would pass without cats.

I'm looking forwarded to seeing the results of the catted version.
The initial GT3 I used to build and mock up this setup set readiness.

Some states, like Washington, do not require emissions on new cars 5 years old or newer. Not sure how other states are.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:42 AM
911_RS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles@dundonmotorsports
Just think of how much time you wasted going the long way to get our exhaust, you could have been faster this whole time
Old 05-09-2016, 10:52 AM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How is the catted version coming along? I've been waiting on the sidelines for this, but getting itchy to start as soon as it's ready....
Old 05-09-2016, 11:08 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eilig
How is the catted version coming along? I've been waiting on the sidelines for this, but getting itchy to start as soon as it's ready....
Ditto!
Old 05-09-2016, 01:12 PM
The New 911
Pro

Originally Posted by eilig
How big will the Cats be 200CEL, 100CEL?
Old 05-09-2016, 01:31 PM
The New 911
Pro

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
Thank you for your expertise. It appears as if your inconel solution is best.
Now it's just being able to work with Inconel, or if you are just going to contract that work out to a shop that has the experience in working with it! All I have seen on Velocity is that the Material is very expensive and is difficult to shape and weld.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:41 PM
Charles@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The catted system is in progress. We are very busy trying to setup and move into our new building which is taking up a lot of our time. I am working on a few more slight changes to the cat setup as to extract every last HP as possible. I am trying to get this as close to the Race Header setup as I can.

My plan was to do 200 cell cats even though I have heard every reason to go with 100-200-300-400 cell, but 200 seems the best bet for compromise.

I have build several sets of 997 GT3 headers and exhaust from inconel and have had ZERO issues. Knowing how to work with the material is key. If you treat it like mild steel you fill find it will crack fairly quick after several full heat cycles. I have learned a few things a long time ago from a few that have a lot of experience with 625 and those few pieces of advice have proven to be more than important.

Welding 625 isn't hard, I actually like welding it more than 304. Hardest part is getting used to the clouded puddle that can be hard to see clearly. But with this I just go slow and take my time.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Earlierapex
2) I got a CEL after about a week - will have to figure this out. EDIT: CEL turned off by itself after a couple of days.
Originally Posted by loungedog
I got the same CEL myself after 40 km. It has not reset after restart.

Just so everyone's aware, both CEL turned off on their own. Likely some random misfires as the car was adapting on cold start.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:40 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Wouldn't recommend anyone do a race setup and try to pass emissions.
Some of us don't have to deal with those pesky emissions restrictions.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:29 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Updates!

Hi Guys,

Lots going on behind the scenes at DMS headquarters. We have the shop in what's called a "soft" open. City wants to come back and see us in action before our official opening, so we're getting things setup to for that. We've moved exhaust production to our new shop location, been working to get the website up, dyno is here, dyno cell to be built and installed by middle of summer (we'll run it without for now), and most importantly we've brought some very talented people on to help us!

First, Justin Wilson has joined our team. Justin comes to us after many years at Cantrell Motorsports. He's a long time Porsche guy, Porsche GT car owner, owned and raced a cup car up Pikes Peak (and we will be going back, maybe in a GT4, maybe in a 991!), a quick driver and super nice, honest guy! Justin will be helping us handle sales and marketing for our aftermarket parts division, includes all the exhausts, custom airboxes, plenums, tunes etc... He'll introduce himself soon.

For those of you local to the Northwest we've also brought John Desimone on part time, growing to full time as a Technician/Sales Advisor. John's a seasoned Porsche tech and his specialty is suspensions and setup, in fact he's a crew chief for one of the teams that competes at the 25hr of Thunderhill.

We're pushing to catch up on 991 GT3/RS Race Exhausts that are backordered, then onto 991 Catted and GT4 exhausts (finally!). And with the added help, and being in our new facility, things will start coming much faster!

For those waiting for a 991 RS tune for the DMS race headers, we will have some data by the end of the month. We're running week long testing at the end of the month with Frank from TTFS diving deep into the guts of the ECU. This will benefit RS and GT3 owners as the ECU architecture and maps are the same. Excited to see the results of this!

Thank you for all of your support and we look forward to continuing to humbly serve the Porsche GT car community!

Jamie

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 05-16-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:36 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great work Jamie and thanks for the update. Have transferred payment for DMS headers today so you should see funds Friday. Drop me a PM when you do. Looking forward to getting these on and out on the track DownUnder :-). Footage and feedback will follow...

Keep up the good work and congratulations on the new premise - the operation will be looking very very professional!
Old 05-16-2016, 10:49 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Macca
Great work Jamie and thanks for the update. Have transferred payment for DMS headers today so you should see funds Friday. Drop me a PM when you do. Looking forward to getting these on and out on the track DownUnder :-). Footage and feedback will follow...

Keep up the good work and congratulations on the new premise - the operation will be looking very very professional!
Thanks Mark,

Really looking forward to getting the shop outfitted, and back down to the fun stuff, making fast Porsches faster!
Old 05-21-2016, 09:46 AM
DOCG
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this work with sharkwerks bypass? To everyone who has installed this, is there a big change in the power and sound vs just the sharkwerks. Does it need ECU flash?

Quick Reply: 40whp and 30wtq gains with Dundon Motorsports Headers, no flash required!