Sponsored by:

radar and camera installer in LA/San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 04:03 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts
Default radar and camera installer in LA/San Diego

Thanks again to all those who provided suggestions on clearplex installers in SoCal.

I have a new request, specifically for a shop in LA or San Diego that does high quality installs of integrated high end Radar/Laser interceptor units with sensors on the front and rear of the car, and rear camera? I would appreciate your thoughts.

I just got my first speeding ticket in 13 years courtesy of the CHP. I have a high-end dash mounted detector, but it didn't even beep, not even after the fact when I got pulled over. That greatly annoys me and I feel very unprotected because of it. Yes, he used laser, but I can't believe it didn't go off at all, even if I wouldn't have had time to react to the beep.

Since I moved to LA two months ago, my GT3 gets tagged with radar about 100x more than when I lived in Philly, and I feel like such a cop target when driving in SoCal, so I want the best protection from that I can buy, at a shop in LA or San Diego that has done similar installs many times before.

Thanks again.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:13 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

A dash-mount detector is worthless for laser. The beam is only a few feet wide at your car, and they aim for reflective headlights or license plates. Even then, by the time you get alerted they already have your speed. Your only defense for laser is an active jammer. Best available right now is AL Priority brand. You can integrate a radar antenna with their system for a complete setup.

Originally Posted by Drifting
Thanks again to all those who provided suggestions on clearplex installers in SoCal.

I have a new request, specifically for a shop in LA or San Diego that does high quality installs of integrated high end Radar/Laser interceptor units with sensors on the front and rear of the car, and rear camera? I would appreciate your thoughts.

I just got my first speeding ticket in 13 years courtesy of the CHP. I have a high-end dash mounted detector, but it didn't even beep, not even after the fact when I got pulled over. That greatly annoys me and I feel very unprotected because of it. Yes, he used laser, but I can't believe it didn't go off at all, even if I wouldn't have had time to react to the beep.

Since I moved to LA two months ago, my GT3 gets tagged with radar about 100x more than when I lived in Philly, and I feel like such a cop target when driving in SoCal, so I want the best protection from that I can buy, at a shop in LA or San Diego that has done similar installs many times before.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Mech33; 02-19-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:05 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

From what I read AL priority sounds like the best, but I'm open to suggestions if forum members know otherwise.

i wouldn't say dash mounted detector is worthless. It's saved me from plenty of lasers on the East Coast, but I agree that I need a more comprehensive radar/laser protection system is needed here in the People's Republic of California, as I expect part of the excessively bloated pensions for retired cops in CA, must be funded by tickets.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:27 AM
Banango
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Bear in mind that laser jammers are illegal in CA and the law is written such that any device capable of jamming is illegal, and if one has four or more jamming heads it is a misdemeanour (not a mere traffic violation).

Sale and installation are also illegal by the letter of the law, so maybe pop out of state to get it done?

Last edited by Banango; 02-19-2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:35 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Checkout rdforum.org. Tons of information there, and they know RD like RL knows Porsche. I recently bought a Uniden LRD 950 which is inexpensive and highly regarded. But it doesn't jam laser without hooking up a ALP or similar. It was $200 so just getting my feet wet with it.

Quick Reply: radar and camera installer in LA/San Diego