Sponsored by:

Setup numbers RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 10:41 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterfirst
Hi Peter: Will be joining in the "RS on track gang" soon! Decided to sell GT3 a day ago. Told a friend with a little shop last nigh to sell it for me (you know the guy with a shop located at the Mosel I told you about). Today he called me and said he already has sold the car. Bummer - within 12 hours I even get more than I have paid for So and now I need to get the RS ready. Still need km to run it in but weather is preventing to do this soon Looking forward to get the RS on track and will post my experience compared to the GT3. Peter

Old 02-13-2016, 01:24 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterfirst
Hi Peter:

Will be joining in the "RS on track gang" soon! Decided to sell GT3 a day ago. Told a friend with a little shop last nigh to sell it for me (you know the guy with a shop located at the Mosel I told you about). Today he called me and said he already has sold the car. Bummer - within 12 hours
I even get more than I have paid for

So and now I need to get the RS ready. Still need km to run it in but weather is preventing to do this soon

Looking forward to get the RS on track and will post my experience compared to the GT3.

Peter
Oh wow! full commitment!! Bravo!
If anyone can access the proper setup numbers its you

Whens the first race / track day ??!
Old 02-13-2016, 05:16 PM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 62 Posts

Suscribed!
Thanks for sharing your intel
Old 02-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Oh wow! full commitment!! Bravo!
If anyone can access the proper setup numbers its you

Whens the first race / track day ??!
Porsche Sports Cup does not start before May but I will need to get some practice before that but not yet sure when. We are just slightly above freezing today so still a long way to go before getting the RS out of hipernation

will keep you posted

Peter
Old 02-14-2016, 02:45 PM
Joe731
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Not a Fail

I am another RS owner sitting inside surfing the web because it is 10 degrees outside in NY right now. I have signed up for 12 track days thus far thus year and plan to sign up for more. I ordered my roll bar, harnesses, monoballs, caliper studs, RE10 pads, and spare set of MPSC2s and cannot wait to wear them out, and for someone to figure out if 19" R7s will work on our cars.

This car was meant for the track, not the garage. Mine will spend the vast majority of its miles there.

Old 02-14-2016, 03:41 PM
loungedog
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe731
I am another RS owner sitting inside surfing the web because it is 10 degrees outside in NY right now. I have signed up for 12 track days thus far thus year and plan to sign up for more. I ordered my roll bar, harnesses, monoballs, caliper studs, RE10 pads, and spare set of MPSC2s and cannot wait to wear them out, and for someone to figure out if 19" R7s will work on our cars.

This car was meant for the track, not the garage. Mine will spend the vast majority of its miles there.

That atta boy!!!

Subscribed
Old 02-15-2016, 10:49 AM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tracked my car three times now on the full GP circuit at Dubai Autodrome. The car is quite frankly unbelievable! Even raping Speciale's :bigeye:.

Car is completely standard and has not had any corner balancing/geometry/ride height changes. Steel rotors. Want to get all this done, but at present no data here or anyone capable of doing it! I'm running the michelins and like Pete said - once they get up to pressure they stay (32 psi front and 36 psi rear - hot - is what i'm finding best).

First track day it was all fine. Second track day it developed a "knocking" sound on right rear - dealer said it was "normal and the differential"..... third track day and only last Friday, straight away the knocking came, right rear then front. Came in and on inspection, when turning the front wheels to full lock, the tyres were rubbing and rippling the back of the wheel arches STATIONARY!!!; so my conclusion was the knocking noises were coming from this due to the extremities the car was going under.

No-one here in UAE knows how to set the car up; so this weekend I am going to try to speak to the GT3 Cup guys and see if they can help.....

Will update if successful.

FOOKING love this car. Its ridiculous how awesome it is on the track.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:08 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^ Don't listen to the CUP guys, its doesn't work the same way due to the electronic diff and RWS.
Been down that path and its a no go.

We need guys like Peterfirst who knows the German teams locally racing the GT3 and now the RS.
Shops that set up downs of cars for different tracks.

Because the cars must be pretty much completely stock, even you are limited to how many tires you can use per weekend, so setup is the competitive edge and so Peter may have to do some spying and bribing..

Right now I'm just happy to have now rubbing and once I adjust the toe front back in a little the car will feel great. Now its very good but a little unstable due to front toe out.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:54 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

hopefully my RS dreams will be reality soon and i can take part of the discussion.

with whom i will work if:
- CCS Racing (Cham Bavaria)
- Manthey Racing (NOS) / ex KW-guy named Michi Grassl was back in my E46M3 times already an excellent helping hand!

Peterfirst - maybe we could meet ones!?
maybe at SBR? RBR? any plans?
Old 02-15-2016, 12:04 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Jo_ker and Peterfirst will have to spear head this setup mystery as they are closest to the sources !!

Old 02-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

^^ Don't listen to the CUP guys, its doesn't work the same way due to the electronic diff and RWS.
Been down that path and its a no go.

We need guys like Peterfirst who knows the German teams locally racing the GT3 and now the RS.
Shops that set up downs of cars for different tracks.

Because the cars must be pretty much completely stock, even you are limited to how many tires you can use per weekend, so setup is the competitive edge and so Peter may have to do some spying and bribing..

Right now I'm just happy to have now rubbing and once I adjust the toe front back in a little the car will feel great. Now its very good but a little unstable due to front toe out.
Hi Peter:

Already saving/collecting money for the bribing - let you know whene I need more o get information out of those guys - or we have to torture them

But promised - will do the best to get some information from the top runners in the Sports Cup asap.

Peter
Old 02-16-2016, 04:21 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^^ awesome. Super thanks, will contribute to slush fund ;-)
Old 02-16-2016, 04:24 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice thread thanks for sharing this
Old 02-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jo_ker
hopefully my RS dreams will be reality soon and i can take part of the discussion.

with whom i will work if:
- CCS Racing (Cham Bavaria)
- Manthey Racing (NOS) / ex KW-guy named Michi Grassl was back in my E46M3 times already an excellent helping hand!

Peterfirst - maybe we could meet ones!?
maybe at SBR? RBR? any plans?
Oh yes - would be great. RBR with PSC - first weekend in June.
Friday is trainig day - you could probably join in

Looking forward to meet you!

Peter
Old 02-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Peterfirst
Rennlist Member

^^^ awesome. Super thanks, will contribute to slush fund ;-)
Will come back to that

Brought car back from the winter hipernation camp Thursday this week - trailered it. Dry road - sunshine - and today: SNOW

Guess I need to wait a few more weeks before I can properly run it in. Have only 800 km on the clock yet.

Car is back in his pyjama and having a nap

Peter

Quick Reply: Setup numbers RS