Sponsored by:

Looking to install a racing bucket...Need intel

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 09:01 PM
Benedict295
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
That is one of the factory options on the .2 GT3 in Europe (and other places outside of N. America).
Wait, is that not a 997 GT2 foldable GT2 seat in his 991.2 that he stated that he was able to recode and haver the side airbag functional?

Originally Posted by f4 plt
If you do not put a bar in to use harnesses I would recommend you look at the HANS sport neck restraint that will work with the standard three point belts that are original equipment . I cannot stress enough the need for some type of neck restraint if you are going to be on the track . The normal HANS will only work with two over the shoulder harnesses connected to either a four, five or six point system but that requires either a roll bar or harness bar and a racing style seat
Agreed.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:36 AM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 75 Posts

That is a 997 GT2 seat in my 991.1 GT3 with programmed airbag serial numbers manually to activate them. The seat is a part of the 991.2 GT3 Club Sport Option outside the US, so it should work in the 991.2. For some reason the EU airbag serial numbers will not auto populate in US cars. The trick is finding someone who can manually program the airbag serial numbers into all the BCM units that check the numbers with each other during start up. That is where most people give up. I only found one guy 2 years ago who could do it, took him 20 minutes with a PIWIS and he has since moved to the west coast. They are my favorite seats and worth the hassle.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:50 AM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 244 Posts

If you do not put a bar in to use harnesses I would recommend you look at the HANS sport neck restraint that will work with the standard three point belts that are original equipment .
This is very interesting, where can I find the documentation to support the compatibility of the, HANS sport neck, restraint with the standard three point belts?
Old 02-21-2019, 04:51 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick3000

This is very interesting, where can I find the documentation to support the compatibility of the, HANS sport neck, restraint with the standard three point belts?
Contact Simpson they are a HANS dealer Their main facility is in New Braunfels Texas and a great person to deal with is Pam Diggs
Old 02-21-2019, 04:38 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
Will i need to modify the wiring harness so that the seat belt light (and chime) won't go off? I have sparcos with the gmg seat base ready. But it looks like the wiring for the seat belt receptacle goes to the yellow harness plug.
My setup continues to use the existing seat belts for the street and the 6 pts for the track. The way I stopped the seat belt chime was to buy a blank for when I am on the track. I think I spent about $8.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:00 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Contact Simpson they are a HANS dealer Their main facility is in New Braunfels Texas and a great person to deal with is Pam Diggs
Hans- a company that makes head and neck (HANS) devices branded as Hans (company purchased by Simpson)
Simpson - a company that makes head and neck (HANS) devices branded as Simpson

Simpson sells the Hybrid Pro which is a HANS device that can be used with a 3pt belt. You can buy this from many places.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:19 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by 3Series
Hans- a company that makes head and neck (HANS) devices branded as Hans (company purchased by Simpson)
Simpson - a company that makes head and neck (HANS) devices branded as Simpson

Simpson sells the Hybrid Pro which is a HANS device that can be used with a 3pt belt. You can buy this from many places.
Thanks
Old 02-24-2019, 06:54 AM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@Pazzo009, contact https://rennlist.com/forums/members/...-awaisrad.html

he has done this in his 991.1 gt3
Old 03-06-2019, 04:36 PM
Benedict295
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CDinSing
That is a 997 GT2 seat in my 991.1 GT3 with programmed airbag serial numbers manually to activate them. The seat is a part of the 991.2 GT3 Club Sport Option outside the US, so it should work in the 991.2. For some reason the EU airbag serial numbers will not auto populate in US cars. The trick is finding someone who can manually program the airbag serial numbers into all the BCM units that check the numbers with each other during start up. That is where most people give up. I only found one guy 2 years ago who could do it, took him 20 minutes with a PIWIS and he has since moved to the west coast. They are my favorite seats and worth the hassle.
Very intriguing! I wasn't aware the 997 GT2 seats were still made for the new cars in Europe... I assumed the new fixed back seat were in everything.

When you have a chance, please send me pics of the install. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Looking to install a racing bucket...Need intel