Sponsored by:

RS Ebay Prices Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 05:20 PM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0to60
Stock markets falling, oil under 30 a barrel. Deflation is everywhere just be patient on these cars.
Absent a complete market collapse the sole near term (defined as next 12mos) driver of RS prices will be 2017 production, if any.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Nine1won
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 31 Posts

All GT3's are sitting and not selling (7.1, 7.2, 991)...prices will start to come down if buyers aren't paying. 100 - 150k over for an RS is crazy and cars will not move at that level with the stock market down turn...let's be patient and get an RS later this year or early next.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:34 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 93 Posts

Y'all talk about fair market values.

Meanwhile, I'll take delivery of this "*** end" . At MSRP. :-)
Attached Images  
Old 01-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I don't think you understand what the term fair market value means...
^^^^^

X2
Old 01-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 152 Posts

Another tulip mania bubble soon to burst...

"In the Netherlands, there once was tulip mania," says Axel Merk, chief investment officer at Merk Investments. "This is China's variant."

No way is a mass produced car like the 991 RS worth the prices being asked. This too shall pass. It just happens to be the gotta-have-it car of the moment. Maybe its the Porsche variant.

It is far different from a 1973 RS of which only a handful were made and those took three decades to appreciate beyond purchase price.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...kets/30741901/
Old 01-07-2016, 07:11 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmm already thought about hiring a few fellers outside of home depot to hold my sign up in front of the autogallery...

i remember a sign was out in front of keyes mercedes years ago... someone got screwed apparently

RSRracer im so glad u got a pts at sticker and throwing it in our faces. now go die because I don't give a **** about you and your slow at the track also if your trying to brag fix your picture so our next don't hurt.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
hmmm already thought about hiring a few fellers outside of home depot to hold my sign up in front of the autogallery...

i remember a sign was out in front of keyes mercedes years ago... someone got screwed apparently

RSRracer im so glad u got a pts at sticker and throwing it in our faces. now go die because I don't give a **** about you and your slow at the track also if your trying to brag fix your picture so our next don't hurt.
Chris would not be one that is "slow at the track..."
Old 01-07-2016, 07:39 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by llstuey
Absent a complete market collapse the sole near term (defined as next 12mos) driver of RS prices will be 2017 production, if any.
It's already softening for both the 97 and 91. Obviously little to due with the market to this point, but another 8-10% wouldn't help an already declining market.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:42 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Calm down there little man!

First, I don't even know who the hell you are? How to you presume to know me?

Second, if your half a man come down to Sebring in a few weeks and we can see who is slow. Or road Atlanta. Or the glen. I'm not hard to find. My real name is Chris Brown. Car 871. Big red neck dude, about 6 feet 230.

Third, we can shake hands afterwards or if you insist on being a punk I can deal with that too.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:51 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Chris is good people, I bought my GT3 and he was a pleasure to deal with. Very smooth and easy transaction. He's not the type to brag or throw things in peoples faces. Yeah, it sucks that we can't have an RS at MSRP but that doesn't mean we have to take it out on the folks who were lucky enough to get one at MSRP.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:52 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I think GT2Turbo was trying to compliment you while not being able to type straight due to being green of envy.

But I could be totally wrong

So you're not the black girl beater than?
Old 01-07-2016, 07:53 PM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

As someone who straddles the US and China (resident of both for 13 years now) and who consumes luxury products (I haven't chimed in on the new watch thread) I'm worried. The next shoe to drop in China will be a total real estate melt down. The government abandoned their ill conceived circuit breakers last night as the market approached July levels on the SSI. HKSE in free fall. I'm a conservative person and my worry may be for not but my immediate reaction is to stop (most ) luxury consumption which includes suspending my active search for a 997RS and a faint consideration of a 991RS. I have to think some people are thinking like me. I have almost no exposure to the equities markets but have seen this movie before. Very good chance stuff gets much cheaper very soon. I can tell you luxury watches including PP and Rolex getting 10-20% off in Hong Kong already. Always a canary in the coal mine for me as Normal discounts are max 5% on PP and 15% on Rolex for high dollar slow moving models (platinum, heavy stones). Just my two cents.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:54 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Back on track....you want another data point that RSs don't trade over $100k over? Here you go...

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...range-lwb.html

From a knowledgeable, willing, and unpressed seller too.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:58 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MS7044
As someone who straddles the US and China (resident of both for 13 years now) and who consumes luxury products (I haven't chimed in on the new watch thread) I'm worried. The next shoe to drop in China will be a total real estate melt down. The government abandoned their ill conceived circuit breakers last night as the market approached July levels on the SSI. HKSE in free fall. I'm a conservative person and my worry may be for not but my immediate reaction is to stop (most ) luxury consumption which includes suspending my active search for a 997RS and a faint consideration of a 991RS. I have to think some people are thinking like me. I have almost no exposure to the equities markets but have seen this movie before. Very good chance stuff gets much cheaper very soon. I can tell you luxury watches including PP and Rolex getting 10-20% off in Hong Kong already. Always a canary in the coal mine for me as Normal discounts are max 5% on PP and 15% on Rolex for high dollar slow moving models (platinum, heavy stones). Just my two cents.
Yup, markets can be manipulated by governments and central banks for only so long before reality sets. I'm not hoping for any kind of meltdown, but I do think a slowdown is coming. I'm seeing it in Orange County real estate as well.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:58 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I think GT2Turbo was trying to compliment you while not being able to type straight due to being green of envy.

But I could be totally wrong

So you're not the black girl beater than?
Not unless GT2Turbo is a girl. Then I would become one just to handle that situation.

Last edited by RSRRacer; 01-07-2016 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: RS Ebay Prices Thread