Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ridiculous... Lava Orange GT3 (Non-RS) 43k over.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 10:37 PM
2016 gt3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by bronson7
Curious, what colour was it?
It was carrera white metallic
Old 01-02-2016, 11:19 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by 2016 gt3
What is really crazy about this deal is that I was trying to buy this exact car from them in Nov. they wanted 35m then which I thought was nuts at the time so I told them to forget it, now there at 45m!
But the salesmen told me at the time we are lucky to be in an affluent area and we are confident we will get someone to pay it, so there you go .
Buy now or be priced out forever.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:12 AM
2016 gt3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by jem7v
OP you seriously offered 20k over MSRP? Honestly if I knew people were insane like that I would just get a lava orange GT3 from my dealer and sell it on here. My dealer is still getting allocations that are unspoken and they are just selling them as they build them.
I would also like to know who is the dealership, my friend is a serious buyer and no allocations appear available at this time. From what I can tell Sept was it for locking in orders, so please let us know, with all due respect this does not sound believable .
Old 01-03-2016, 09:09 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-AL
Wait until the 991.2 GT3/RS variants and all the .1 speculators start receiving haircuts. Trust me. It's coming.
+1. Many just sitting right now. Let them sit.

Agree.

Also Offering 20k over is feeding the problem.

We have all seen similar frenzies with other cars and the haircuts that followed.

Again, find a dealer who will take a deposit at msrp and write a signed purchase order on the next allotment (I did) and be patient. They're coming.

Last edited by Waxer; 01-03-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:40 AM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

There's 20 cars for sale in the country. Twenty. Mostly orange or white. That's not "a lot"...
Old 01-03-2016, 10:58 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

Agree.

We have all seen similar frenzies with other cars and the haircuts that followed.

Again, find a dealer who will take a deposit at msrp and write a signed purchase order on the next allotment (I did) and be patient. They're coming.
Totally agree. These stealers are in no hurry until the next model year gets announced and close. Let them sit and rot.

$20 over and they don't take it, that is just nuts on BOTH ends. One has more money than sense and the other has more greed than sense.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:40 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

I find these posts so amusing. Supply/demand, free market economy at work. These same principles are why most of you make enough to afford these machines. You all sound like Bernie and Hillary. Ok, flame on.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:00 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,203 Likes on 2,715 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

Agree.

Good dealers exist, it's true.

That said, a purchase order without a VIN is probably not binding.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Totally agree. These stealers are in no hurry until the next model year gets announced and close. Let them sit and rot.

$20 over and they don't take it, that is just nuts on BOTH ends. One has more money than sense and the other has more greed than sense.
How do I lack sense? It's exactly what I want and there are no 2016's available at MSRP right now. I offered far below their BS 43k over asking price so I'm not the idiot who will walk in and give them what they want. I want something that is difficult to attain at this current point in time. TODAY. I agree its ridiculous, but if I want it, I will have to pay for it. I am not buying a car as an investment, I might as well be throwing all 175k away the second I write the check.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:51 PM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
It's not Porsche, it's unscrupulous dealers. Or what some will defend as capitalists.
To be fair....aren't buyers "capitalists" when they get a discounted price???

Bottom line both parties should seek "reasonable" terms & conditions.

Why couldn't the dealers offer a comprehensive set of vehicle support services in return for receiving a fair market price?
Old 01-03-2016, 05:13 PM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 115 Posts

All these posts are spot on! This is exactly why I bought my Viper ACR instead of getting ripped by a dealer who could really not give a **** about me or customer loyalty
Old 01-03-2016, 05:53 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dave292
All these posts are spot on! This is exactly why I bought my Viper ACR instead of getting ripped by a dealer who could really not give a **** about me or customer loyalty
Haha
Yeah, you mean the dodge dealers who were selling the new viper for 140k and now can't give them away for 70. Riiiiight...
Old 01-03-2016, 06:41 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
Haha
Yeah, you mean the dodge dealers who were selling the new viper for 140k and now can't give them away for 70. Riiiiight...
please let me know where you are finding dealers offering the ACR for 70.

no wait...let me guess...around the corner from your friendly Porsche stealer offering GT3RS for $120k over msrp
Old 01-03-2016, 07:04 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
please let me know where you are finding dealers offering the ACR for 70. no wait...let me guess...around the corner from your friendly Porsche stealer offering GT3RS for $120k over msrp
I read his post as referring to the new "base" Viper when it was released a couple years ago. Dealers were trying to sell at premiums.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Yes, MSRP is suggested retail price. There is capitalism then there is price gouging. Where one becomes the other I'm not sure.

While Porsche is not directly responsible I would think Porsche should not be happy about the "gouging" (IMHO). It keeps cars on the lots, it leaves a bad taste in consumers mouths and its just plain tacky. Chrysler picked up production of the Hellcat to stop dealer gouging.

These are NEW cars. Not collector cars that are out of production. The manufactures suggested retail price says to the public "this is what we suggest the car be sold for". Dealers instead throw that out the window and start taking advantage of enthusiasts and gouging.

I don't know if a purchase order for a GT3/RS without a vin # is enforceable at MSRP by itself, however, my contract course in law school taught me that my $$$ deposit was "consideration" for that understanding and agreement and should be enforceable. Nevertheless my dealer is one of the most reputable in the country and already delivered several RS's at MSRP. I've also purchased three 911's from then in the past.

Quick Reply: Ridiculous... Lava Orange GT3 (Non-RS) 43k over.