Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage cabinets

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 02:40 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys are killing me. Pure. Garage. ****.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Actually the ramps for the above ground installation are not used with the flush mount setup. The pit is sized for only the platform, since the ramps are not used. The only open part of the pit spans between the platforms and is about 6" wide. I still need to get a metal cover made.

Mike, when I have mine made and test fitted, I can ask him to make another. He can also powder coat to match.
That would be great, Nick, thanks. Maybe we can get a twofer discount. I'm still a few months away from that stage of my project but at least the cover will be ready to go! Let me know the details on the fabrication when the time comes.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:40 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt3Fan
Mooty, for some one as uncompromising as yourself, when it comes to quality, just get the snap on EPIQ and be done with it. Don't waste your time on any others, if cost is not an issue. Yeah, they cost as much as a decent car, but life is short, **** it! Nothing like pulling into the garage ever day to be greeted by a beautiful white snap on!
like ur style. I have cabinet festish

I have two EPIQ three MASTER SERIES (they are in fact identical construction, I have talked and called snap on so often last five years, they recognize my name from my voice alone!) I prefer master bc the opening slide are more child proof. EPIQ u just pull, MASTER u need a slide motion

LISTA I also have, they are better than snap on for storage but SnapOn better for tools. I .ike their bearings. I can sit in the drawer ( in my attempt to evade the nagginge wife and noisy kids ) and u can open and close it smoothly like I'm not in it

saber is great quality and the service is wonderful and u will save a HUGE amount of money.

mech33 is a bad influence but a great help. Money####, if you are reading, you are just as bad an influence with your great garage set up. I bothered mech33 to no end last week to get my floor polished (997gt board "madness continues" thread, toward the end). large number of lista coming. wont be done until February.

I'll post the boxes I have or had in a bit.

mike if u want to know the relative price and quality of tool boxes (which is not the same as cabinets) ping me. I have had every thing under the sun
Attached Images       

Last edited by mooty; 01-01-2016 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by mooty
mike if u wamt to know the relative price and quality of tool boxes (which is not the same as cabinets) ping me. I have had every thing under the sun
PM sent
Old 01-01-2016, 05:56 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

i drive my house very fast. so it's upside down at the moment.
some tech geek need to fix this pic thing on RL.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:18 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Gt3Fan
Mooty, for some one as uncompromising as yourself, when it comes to quality, just get the snap on EPIQ and be done with it. Don't waste your time on any others, if cost is not an issue. Yeah, they cost as much as a decent car, but life is short, **** it! Nothing like pulling into the garage ever day to be greeted by a beautiful white snap on!
LMAO. only you and i will order MR BIG.
i loved mine. but at last i realized i can't move it at all hahahaha. so passed it to my friend. but THAT is the absloute best tool box ever made. it would look good empty in the living room.

Money, b/n lista and modiline, i like lista. the alum moduline gets dented. i have abused my lista for 17 years and still good. no dent.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:24 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone here have experience with New Age Stainless Pro series of cabinets?
Old 01-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO
Anyone here have experience with New Age Stainless Pro series of cabinets?
Yes, that was what I suggesting for a more economical cabinet besides my snap on. If you look at my pics earlier in the thread, the blue overhanging is a new age pro series(I believe)
Old 01-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

LMAO. only you and i will order MR BIG.
i loved mine. but at last i realized i can't move it at all hahahaha. so passed it to my friend. but THAT is the absloute best tool box ever made. it would look good empty in the living room.

Money, b/n lista and modiline, i like lista. the alum moduline gets dented. i have abused my lista for 17 years and still good. no dent.
I don't **** around when it comes to tool boxes

they had to diliver it with an 18 wheeler and an additional flat bed toe truck to get it off and into my garage.

Yeah, it's like a peace of art and would look great in a living room, just not sure the lady would go for it
Old 01-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

like ur style. I have cabinet festish

I have two EPIQ three MASTER SERIES (they are in fact identical construction, I have talked and called snap on so often last five years, they recognize my name from my voice alone!) I prefer master bc the opening slide are more child proof. EPIQ u just pull, MASTER u need a slide motion

LISTA I also have, they are better than snap on for storage but SnapOn better for tools. I .ike their bearings. I can sit in the drawer ( in my attempt to evade the nagginge wife and noisy kids ) and u can open and close it smoothly like I'm not in it

saber is great quality and the service is wonderful and u will save a HUGE amount of money.

mech33 is a bad influence but a great help. Money####, if you are reading, you are just as bad an influence with your great garage set up. I bothered mech33 to no end last week to get my floor polished (997gt board "madness continues" thread, toward the end). large number of lista coming. wont be done until February.

I'll post the boxes I have or had in a bit.

mike if u want to know the relative price and quality of tool boxes (which is not the same as cabinets) ping me. I have had every thing under the sun

Damn, not sure how I missed this, beautiful collection! Love those EPIQ's, mine has all the power tops/power station, shower and Urinal and bunch of other features I can't keep track of.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:02 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Yes, that was what I suggesting for a more economical cabinet besides my snap on. If you look at my pics earlier in the thread, the blue overhanging is a new age pro series(I believe)
Yup, I believe that blue overhang you have is the NewAge Pro Series. However, I am trying to decide between the NewAge Pro Series (like yours) and the NewAge "Stainless" Pro Series they have out now. I think I am leaning toward the NewAge Pro Series (not the stainless.)
Old 01-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

After two prior whole house remodels, saved & recycled Youngstown Steel Kitchen cabinets - added sturdy
wood countertops in our current garage (s). Floor is a dark stained concrete - big mistake. Drop a one of a kind fastener & it disappears.

Cabinets work well & look pretty good....also have a couple roller Husky (Home Depot) stackable tool chests & cabinets.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:35 PM
edwin814
Racer

I got gladiator as well...nothing too fancy. Though I thinking of extending the wall panels to hang more stuff.

[img]Untitled by Edwin Yang, on Flickr[img]
Old 01-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Hothonda
After two prior whole house remodels, saved & recycled Youngstown Steel Kitchen cabinets - added sturdy
wood countertops in our current garage (s). Floor is a dark stained concrete - big mistake. Drop a one of a kind fastener & it disappears.

Cabinets work well & look pretty good....also have a couple roller Husky (Home Depot) stackable tool chests & cabinets.
Very interesting....that's something I hadn't thought of. Thanks for the insight.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

bump....

My Saber cabinets are arriving this week. What, if anything, do you guys use to line your cabinet shelves/tool drawers and where is a good source for foam liner or.....?

Quick Reply: Garage cabinets