Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty...GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 08:40 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Rick Brown# is 916-625-8300. He never sent me the scan so I scanned all doc's myself. I called him like 3 times for the scan. He is probably busy closing deals on a busy weekend. Anyhow, the ride this morning was plain awesome with one close call that almost sent the RS to junk yard but I was able to make the turn It would have been another GT3 RS trashed thread with hate notes.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2cpdf
Ooh. Glad you were able to avoid it! I almost had a deer through my windshield last week, so I know how scary that can be! Thanks again for doing this. I will look this doc over and give Rick a call next week!

Rob
Old 03-26-2016, 08:55 PM
unclejosh
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Autopom - brokers for Mercury Insurance Extended Warranty

Try platinum coverage with large company like Mercury. The are primarily home and auto insurance, but have extended warranties for cars
Old 03-26-2016, 11:58 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys, Rick just sent what I already gave you. My copy was actually better He also provided his mobile and email. Good luck.

Rick Brown Niello Porsche
Finance Manager
(916) 871-2293 mobile
(916) 625-0532 fax
rbrown@niello.com
Old 03-27-2016, 12:47 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,742 Likes on 4,765 Posts

Just talked with Rick Brown. He said yes its extension of OEM but does not include track. He says even the factory does not cover track. You need to tow out off the track if you have any issues. He will scan the warranty paperwork and send it to me later this morning and I will post it here. It will have his email and phone # when he faxes the paperwork.
Hmm, I think we are talking past each other.

The OEM warranty does cover track (or what PCA called "circuit") use.

And, yes, you have to tow the car off the track regardless of the warranty coverage. But the OEM warranty does cover issues related to, or caused by, track (or "circuit") use/driving as long as you abide by the heightened "circuit" service intervals per the manual.

For what it's worth, from the reading the contract you provided it is questionable whether this warranty will cover circuit use (per the OEM warranty) as one of the exclusions includes "competitive driving" which based on the inclusion of "racing" in the exclusion section would suggest that competitive driving is something different and distinct from racing, which the OEM warranty does not cover.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:57 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know ipse. I have read the manual but this is what he says. I tried calling service to find out but it was Saturday and no answer. I will definitely check with my service guy next time I see him. Most likely the answer will be tow the car away from track and they will cover it and same goes for extended so you should be good.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:00 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I know ipse. I have read the manual but this is what he says. I tried calling service to find out but it was Saturday and no answer. I will definitely check with my service guy next time I see him. Most likely the answer will be tow the car away from track and they will cover it and same goes for extended so you should be good.
Cool. Let us know what he says.

This would be a very good option for those who plan to keep their GT3s past the 4/50 year mark.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:47 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Guys, Rick just sent what I already gave you. My copy was actually better He also provided his mobile and email. Good luck.

Rick Brown Niello Porsche
Finance Manager
(916) 871-2293 mobile
(916) 625-0532 fax
rbrown@niello.com
Thanks man!
Old 03-27-2016, 08:44 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealer finance person confirmed today he can get extended warranty for 2014/15/16 GT3's through CNA. I purchased 10 yr, 75K miles for $4K. For the GT3 its probably $3K. Well worth it. Let me know and I can put you in contact with him and no affiliation.
I'm tempted to cancel my easy care warranty and go for this one. However, the CNA warranty seems too good to be true and that worries me a little. Easy Care and fidelity are considered to be the best in the industry and fidelity doesn't offer a warranty for the gt3. I looked up CNA and it's rated A+ by BBB. $4k for for 10 years is a ridiculously good deal- I can't imagine how you wouldn't make money on that deal. Let us know how goes in a few years when you have to file a claim. Hopefully it will work out and I'm just too much of a cynic!
Old 03-27-2016, 09:03 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by OCturbo
I'm tempted to cancel my easy care warranty and go for this one. However, the CNA warranty seems too good to be true and that worries me a little. Easy Care and fidelity are considered to be the best in the industry and fidelity doesn't offer a warranty for the gt3. I looked up CNA and it's rated A+ by BBB. $4k for for 10 years is a ridiculously good deal- I can't imagine how you wouldn't make money on that deal. Let us know how goes in a few years when you have to file a claim. Hopefully it will work out and I'm just too much of a cynic!
I have been thinking about it too. Lots of horror stories online for both EasyCare and CNA, but hard to say if those are just part of providing a service like this. It all comes down to...will they pay a legit claim, or will they find a loophole? For example, there is a clause related to aftermarket exhaust. Would a SW exhaust invalidate that warranty? What about BMC air filters? Any evidence the car was ever tracked? Would any chips by the rear wheels lead them to think it was tracked?

If the engine blows, there will be major incentive for them to deny that claim. I want to know exactly what my level of warm and fuzzy is before I hand over $3k or more.

I am sure this is on your mind, too.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:08 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by robmypro
I have been thinking about it too. Lots of horror stories online for both EasyCare and CNA, but hard to say if those are just part of providing a service like this. It all comes down to...will they pay a legit claim, or will they find a loophole? For example, there is a clause related to aftermarket exhaust. Would a SW exhaust invalidate that warranty? What about BMC air filters? Any evidence the car was ever tracked? Would any chips by the rear wheels lead them to think it was tracked?

If the engine blows, there will be major incentive for them to deny that claim. I want to know exactly what why level of warm and fuzzy is before I hand over $3k or more.

I am sure this is on your mind, too.
I have had an easy care warranty on 2 previous cars and they have always paid for claims quickly without any issues. I know others have had the same experience. I had mods on my previous porsche and they never asked or knew about that, so it wasn't an issue. At least with Easy Care, I'm confident they will be around and pay for repairs when the time comes.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:14 PM
robmypro
Race Director

I have had an easy care warranty on 2 previous cars and they have always paid for claims quickly without any issues. I know others have had the same experience. I had mods on my previous porsche and they never asked or knew about that, so it wasn't an issue. At least with Easy Care, I'm confident they will be around and pay for repairs when the time comes.
With that peace of mind and history, I would think twice before switching. BTW, did they pay any really big claims? You know, the kind that result in a very big loss for them?
Old 03-27-2016, 09:27 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

With that peace of mind and history, I would think twice before switching. BTW, did they pay any really big claims? You know, the kind that result in a very big loss for them?
They paid several claims in the $1-2k range, such as clutch slave/accumulator and mass air sensor. Never had any major repair needs like a transmission or engine.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:49 PM
robmypro
Race Director

They paid several claims in the $1-2k range, such as clutch slave/accumulator and mass air sensor. Never had any major repair needs like a transmission or engine.
That isn't insignificant. Gives you confidence. Still thinking about it.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:36 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That isn't insignificant. Gives you confidence. Still thinking about it.
I'm sorry but that's not a significant claim. For a 986 Boxster maybe, but not a 991 GT3.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:54 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I'm sorry but that's not a significant claim. For a 986 Boxster maybe, but not a 991 GT3.
I hear you. I know the engine is in the $30-$50k range, so these claims don't touch something like that. Also concerned about transmission, due to "dual clutch" aspect. But looking to see who else here has claims. Obviously no data for the 991 GT3.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty...GT3