Sponsored by:

Why no GT3 RS for me, why try to sell me things I dont want-venting

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 01:21 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I put my name down too late so unless they bring another 300-500 RSs to the US I'm not getting a call from any of the 3 dealers since I'm such a dealer noob. But my .2 GT deposits have been in since March/April.
sounds like another 500 is the magic number then!…or maybe less when the 911R is released
Old 12-28-2015, 01:31 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,205 Likes on 2,716 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
it was a joke, but it does reveal my level of disdain for those who view a car as a fashion accessory, cars with excessive weight are like fake gold chains to me, I hate power windows, intermittent wipers, sunroofs, keyless entry, automatic lights, radar or laser cruise control, wifi hot spots, navigation that weighs more than garmin, (as a kid I used to think metallic paint might be a weight gainer, I even removed one of my windshield wipers and visors to lose weight on a car) In my mind the base models or cruiser models are things I dont want and im kinda pissed that factory capacity is used to produce these models instead of what I want, so Im gonna whine like a little kid and call them ghetto
Sounds like you need to go air-cooled.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:57 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rk-d
Sounds like you need to go air-cooled.
thats what Im gonna do build my own singer, old school spoilers, no rear seats, shaved rain gutters, yellowbird style mirrors, lightweight buckets, wipers parked on the right like the Brumos supercar series 911 turbo, Big red Brembos, loud exhaust, minimal radio, sunroof delete roof, I might even grow a long beard and move to LA
Old 12-28-2015, 02:04 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I might even grow a long beard and move to LA
Old 12-28-2015, 02:06 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

thats what Im gonna do build my own singer, old school spoilers, no rear seats, shaved rain gutters, yellowbird style mirrors, lightweight buckets, wipers parked on the right like the Brumos supercar series 911 turbo, Big red Brembos, loud exhaust, minimal radio, sunroof delete roof, I might even grow a long beard and move to LA
Actually.. You just described a dream-car... And you'd probably get a lifetime of satisfaction out of it. Do it!
Old 12-28-2015, 02:58 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok cool, just don't drive like an idiot constantly crossing the double yellow in blind curves like the other famed long bearded guy here in LA. Seriously, if anyone has ever seen him drive in the canyons, He drives inside to inside as if it's a race track, constantly crossing well into oncoming traffic's lane. It's amazing he hasn't killed an oncoming motorcyclist or fellow car enthusiast. It's dangerous and scary! Aside from that though, he really is a nice guy. I've had the pleasure of talking to him several times and he does have a genuine love for the marque.

Last edited by ScottKelly911; 12-28-2015 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:15 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

The way to solve the problem is to make RS like old RS.

No stitching, no lift, no leather, add AC. No radio/nav.

Do you want one, choose between white or white. Make it fancy. Blue or red stickers???

Keep heritage of RS and no turbo buyer liked RS. At the moment you can use RS like a turbo. Thats why I wait for "cup edition" Hopefully it sucks on the way to Whole foods. That will make me smile.
Some say that you have to pile turbo, Macan, cayenne and boxter to be able to buy RS. That's Ferrari. Not Porsche.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:36 AM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

lol if you took the AC out that would certainly cut down on the number of buyers. the Georgia or Florida summer would be old school again. Now I turn the AC on full blast while tracking, its great No more race car cool suit stuff and nomex thank goodness.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:09 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,205 Likes on 2,716 Posts

Assuming one has the time, money and local resources, this would be the most rewarding route to take. Particularly since you are wanting the raw, stripped down experience. I'd let go of the RS and do this, personally.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Are you saying if the driver of the car is African American then the car is ghetto?
You're kidding right? Please say yes.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:40 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 124 Posts

there are plenty new ones for sale in CH for $300K and under
Old 12-28-2015, 01:58 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by k997
You're kidding right? Please say yes.
yes, of course. pulling his leg cause he got himself into a verbal rabbit hole...

all in good fun.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Er, I don't think this is correct. They are not pulled off based on what I saw at the factory in September. Testing looked the same on all cars, too (basically they get "plugged in" and all the testing is electronic systems...).

Special stuff does slow down the line if there is a manual step (special windows, etc), but the cars do not get "pulled off" or finished by the Motorsport group based on what I observed. The special parts just arrive by their little robot part cart as per any other car on the line. I'm sure they don't want the line stuffed with slow downs, but there were actually quite a few RS' on the line in September (not standard GT3s, I noted). I also note that there are other models that require extra time (Boxster Spyder), so there are other models that introduce a similar pause and they try to make these regular so the overall line flow remains consistent (effectively that station becomes a double length station - the line is constantly moving).
I haven't seen the 991 production line so you are probably right but I did think that components such as the magnesium roof on the RS were manually done rather than on the man body line and then delivered as a body in white for the main production line.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:08 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris3963
I haven't seen the 991 production line so you are probably right but I did think that components such as the magnesium roof on the RS were manually done rather than on the man body line and then delivered as a body in white for the main production line.
Ive seen them in production looked like around 5-7 on the shift I saw in Sept, only the window as I described previously was different and only for Row models. I presume the front fenders and magnesium roof is installed differently at the body shop across the street, the rest bolt on like any other 911
Old 12-28-2015, 03:28 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 124 Posts

here are 9 GT3 RS for Sale

http://www.autoscout24.ch/de/autos/p...&yearfrom=2015

Quick Reply: Why no GT3 RS for me, why try to sell me things I dont want-venting