Sponsored by:

Why no GT3 RS for me, why try to sell me things I dont want-venting

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 09:03 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Banango
It would be a very sad thing indeed if Porsche fully adopts the Italian mentality that you don't really own the car, you are merely its custodian and the manufacturer has some sort of rights in it forever. The only way to prevent that is to somehow stop everyone from allowing the sellers to call the tune. If you figure out a way, I will be happy to lend my support figuratively and actually. Until then, it remains a very irritating pay to play situation and anyone who can pay - even once in their life - is extremely fortunate and should try to bear that in mind. If you choose to pay, be sure to enjoy the thing because it is, after all, just a car. It's only 'alive' when in use. Placing them in plastic bubbles or up on walls destroys the cars and, eventually, the souls of their owners.
the solution is very simple, increase supply, supply and demand corrects pricing and behaviors and all is well, or even better increase supply, and give allocations to individuals not dealerships, watch customer satisfaction skyrocket
Old 12-27-2015, 10:00 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Putting a deposit down and getting on a list does nothing in my market (Houston). You can put down your name and deposit 10 years in advance. When the allocations come available, they ate handed out via favorite customers status; not list order. If you've averaged 3 cars/yr for 10 years with a dealer, you will be ahead of the guy who has bought 2 cars ever from the dealer with said allocation. It's that simple. If the 10 car/guy wants an RS the day allocations come available, he's in front. But, in reality, most get handed out via falling on sword for some other pig; meaning, if you agree to buy a 250k pana turbo s or some uber expensive used vehicle they can't move at the same time, they'll bundle it with an RS allocation.

Lists, whatever; in Houston, it's all about total revenue per customer that sets the allocation order at all times. Not a bad way to do it from business perspective. But can be frustrating for a guy that thinks leaving a cc deposit for 2 years has some actual spot in a line. That line is reshuffled all the time.
Exactly the problem I have with local dealerships. It is never "my turn"
Old 12-27-2015, 10:35 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,090 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Putting a deposit down and getting on a list does nothing in my market (Houston). You can put down your name and deposit 10 years in advance. When the allocations come available, they ate handed out via favorite customers status; not list order. If you've averaged 3 cars/yr for 10 years with a dealer, you will be ahead of the guy who has bought 2 cars ever from the dealer with said allocation. It's that simple. If the 10 car/guy wants an RS the day allocations come available, he's in front. But, in reality, most get handed out via falling on sword for some other pig; meaning, if you agree to buy a 250k pana turbo s or some uber expensive used vehicle they can't move at the same time, they'll bundle it with an RS allocation.

Lists, whatever; in Houston, it's all about total revenue per customer that sets the allocation order at all times. Not a bad way to do it from business perspective. But can be frustrating for a guy that thinks leaving a cc deposit for 2 years has some actual spot in a line. That line is reshuffled all the time.
Putting your name on a list at So Cal dealers is the same futile exercise as it is in many other parts of the country (how are the guys doing on the list at Auto Gallery?). haha
Old 12-27-2015, 10:39 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by poofyo101
Exactly the problem I have with local dealerships. It is never "my turn"
We have the same problem....we aren't the guys that buy several/dozen of non-GT depreciation monster cars (Turbos, Cayennes, etc) from dealers so we aren't considered "good" customers in their eyes.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:54 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Im no economist, but what do you guys think? another 100 allocations to the US market should fix the problem?
Old 12-27-2015, 10:57 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

Probably not. They would be sold for over list and Martin would still bit**.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:00 PM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The New 911
That is when it all started. Just depends on whether if VW is going to tell Porsche to Produce the RS in Mass or not for foreseeable future.
Perhaps VW will tell Porsche to put a diesel in next RS

"We're so sorry!!! (That we got caught)"

Good luck in your search!
Old 12-27-2015, 11:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 779 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
He's gonna have a panicked attack once he actually drives one on the track, I'd let him but won't do it to him. It's that good.
Put on another 100 miles today.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:03 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dark knight
Im no economist, but what do you guys think? another 100 allocations to the US market should fix the problem?
Originally Posted by carcommander
I put my name down too late so unless they bring another 300-500 RSs to the US I'm not getting a call from any of the 3 dealers since I'm such a dealer noob. But my .2 GT deposits have been in since March/April.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:04 AM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My simple solution is to not have enough money to afford the GT3 RS

Can afford the GT3, can't afford the RS, haven't even given the RS another thought since I can't afford it, and am thankful I am not in this situation where something I want should be in reach but isn't!
Old 12-28-2015, 12:05 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
He's gonna have a panicked attack once he actually drives one on the track, I'd let him but won't do it to him. It's that good.
Put on another 100 miles today.
I got a ride in CJ's ACR at Chuckwalla last weekend...I'm sure he was going 7/10th but same was that thing brutally fast. I am curious to see what the difference between the RS and GT3 on the track is though.

Did you pick up your GT4 yet?
Old 12-28-2015, 12:14 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 43 Posts

I just dont get the point, drive me out of the market to build more ghetto models like base 911s boxsters, cabriolets and targas, eventually I lose enthusiasm for anything new.
Did you seriously just call base models, cabs and targas ghetto?

Firstly, I do not believe any of those cars, in any trim level are considered "ghetto".

Secondly, I'm not so sure any stock car can be classified as ghetto.

It's the driver of the car that makes it ghetto ... Not the car.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:30 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 240 Posts

Depends how they allocate the number. If it is the same dealers getting them and selling them to each other over sticker it wont fix the problem. Some of the smaller dealers hopefully will get allocations and will follow the list and sell for MSRP.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:56 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by k997
Did you seriously just call base models, cabs and targas ghetto?

Firstly, I do not believe any of those cars, in any trim level are considered "ghetto".

Secondly, I'm not so sure any stock car can be classified as ghetto.

It's the driver of the car that makes it ghetto ... Not the car.
Are you saying if the driver of the car is African American then the car is ghetto?
Old 12-28-2015, 01:20 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Are you saying if the driver of the car is African American then the car is ghetto?
it was a joke, but it does reveal my level of disdain for those who view a car as a fashion accessory, cars with excessive weight are like fake gold chains to me, I hate power windows, intermittent wipers, sunroofs, keyless entry, automatic lights, radar or laser cruise control, wifi hot spots, navigation that weighs more than garmin, (as a kid I used to think metallic paint might be a weight gainer, I even removed one of my windshield wipers and visors to lose weight on a car) In my mind the base models or cruiser models are things I dont want and im kinda pissed that factory capacity is used to produce these models instead of what I want, so Im gonna whine like a little kid and call them ghetto

Quick Reply: Why no GT3 RS for me, why try to sell me things I dont want-venting