Sponsored by:

Are RS Allocations Really Done?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 01:17 PM
herenow
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are RS Allocations Really Done?

I have been scrolling through the forums looking for an answer, some people say they have all been spoken for, saw someone say they they might extend production until September 2016... Not sure if anyone has any real clue? I have seen some people suggest that Asia cars are now being re-allocated to the US market. I apologize in advance if this thread is repetitive and I am just beating a dead horse, but I thought I'd just ask

This is an interesting thought as I was at the Range Rover dealership the other week and they had maybe 20 brand new Range Rovers in stock for delivery, last year in LA county dealers were still charging over MSRP for those desperate enough to buy one! The dealer told me dealers in the US are receiving all these cars that Land Rover had intended for China.

I was talking to my P-dealer the other day, he said that it is looking optimistic and that he believes that Porsche will allocate more RS's to some dealers soon. I have a good relationship with this dealer, have bought cars from them for years and received their only 2016 GT3 back in August(pic attached.)

Back in April/May when there were some talk on RL about a possibility of a '16 GT3, which many doubted, I went to my dealer and inquired. They informed me Porsche wanted a $10,000 deposit to show serious interest, and without a doubt a week later my order was picked up and I was given an allocation. Let's see if by some miracle something similar will happen with a RS allocation
Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2015, 01:41 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by herenow
Back in April/May when there were some talk on RL about a possibility of a '16 GT3, which many doubted, I went to my dealer and inquired. They informed me Porsche wanted a $10,000 deposit to show serious interest, and without a doubt a week later my order was picked up and I was given an allocation.
That "Porsche wanted a $10,000 deposit" line was B.S., btw. I bought my '16 with a normal $500 deposit.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 500 Likes on 251 Posts

FWIW, One was just gotten at MSRP here in the Midwest...
Old 12-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

Everyone has a different answer/opinion/agenda when it comes to this. My opinion is that no one outside of the production managers at Porsche knows this for certain and they can change if they want. I could see them building 2016 cars in July, August, and September but I'm not sure they will. I believe they are moving their focus to the 991.2 cars. Anyone who says they won't leave money on the table is not thinking that they would have to increase line production to do this. The factory isn't sitting idle when they aren't building RS's. If you can't increase the number of cars your building easily and have to choose between building a 991.2 Turbo S or an RS, which is it going to be? I believe the Turbo S is easier to manage and build and has a greater profit margin.

Many people said they weren't building more GT3's last year but that was a different time and situation. The RS was delayed and the GT3 production time was able to be extended without impacting other production schedules. If anything, I can believe that they will shift some production out of countries that have less demand so there may be more allocations but I don't think these will be new ones.

While I say this, if you want one, have your dealer show Porsche you are a serious buyer not a flipper. It can't hurt to try and I believe Porsche looks at order demands seriously for these cars. It's the people with $500 refundable deposits at 6 dealers that make this hard to gauge. All just my opinion.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:14 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

What is the latest known production date for an RS? Latest I know of is June 2016.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

Mine was first week of May but I dropped back to V170 when I added some CXX stuff.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:59 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

I see no reason for Porsche to stop production when demand is still there.

Head out and put down a deposit at your dealer and tell him you are serious about buying@ MSRP. Really helps them to figure out demand. Good luck.

Trending Topics

Old 12-21-2015, 05:29 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
What is the latest known production date for an RS? Latest I know of is June 2016.
Mine is June production, latest I have heard as well.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:52 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Are all 4 cars yours? Whats in there?

I'm 7 at a big dealer in the Northeast, I think 4 spots have been allocated so I'm hoping there are 3 more coming from somewhere

Jeff

Originally Posted by herenow
I have been scrolling through the forums looking for an answer, some people say they have all been spoken for, saw someone say they they might extend production until September 2016... Not sure if anyone has any real clue? I have seen some people suggest that Asia cars are now being re-allocated to the US market. I apologize in advance if this thread is repetitive and I am just beating a dead horse, but I thought I'd just ask

This is an interesting thought as I was at the Range Rover dealership the other week and they had maybe 20 brand new Range Rovers in stock for delivery, last year in LA county dealers were still charging over MSRP for those desperate enough to buy one! The dealer told me dealers in the US are receiving all these cars that Land Rover had intended for China.

I was talking to my P-dealer the other day, he said that it is looking optimistic and that he believes that Porsche will allocate more RS's to some dealers soon. I have a good relationship with this dealer, have bought cars from them for years and received their only 2016 GT3 back in August(pic attached.)

Back in April/May when there were some talk on RL about a possibility of a '16 GT3, which many doubted, I went to my dealer and inquired. They informed me Porsche wanted a $10,000 deposit to show serious interest, and without a doubt a week later my order was picked up and I was given an allocation. Let's see if by some miracle something similar will happen with a RS allocation
Old 12-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Superman32
Racer

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I see no reason for Porsche to stop production when demand is still there.

Head out and put down a deposit at your dealer and tell him you are serious about buying@ MSRP. Really helps them to figure out demand. Good luck.
I think they will make more. But if someone get on waiting list now it will be too late. There are many people on waiting list already.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Superman32
Racer

My dealer stopped taking orders long time ago. And they have over 20 solid deposits without allocations. They got over 20 allocations till next May production.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:27 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman32
My dealer stopped taking orders long time ago. And they have over 20 solid deposits without allocations. They got over 20 allocations till next May production.
This.
No more .1 RS allocations.
Someone finding one or buying one doesn't mean it's a new allocation. There are many out there already and more coming. But not because they're new allocations. Production ends in June.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Superman32
Racer

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
This.
No more .1 RS allocations.
Someone finding one or buying one doesn't mean it's a new allocation. There are many out there already and more coming. But not because they're new allocations. Production ends in June.
They said they might get few more. Maybe that is for Canada? Also Porsche China cancelled all the allocations there are around 50. Those may re allocated to NA and Euro
Old 12-21-2015, 09:08 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Me think no more and the reason is last round had June build. After June we will see MY 17's not 16's. Yes/no?
Old 12-21-2015, 09:16 PM
PierreTT
Burning Brakes

Received 161 Likes on 62 Posts

I got a phone call from my dealer tonight!

Will get mine in July :-P

Quick Reply: Are RS Allocations Really Done?