Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[PTS] 226 / Chartreuse / Light Green (lindgrün) approved!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 03:55 AM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven_H
The yellow greens are particularly tricky. I have seen the San Diego Birch green 997.2 RS and it is significantly different from my Chartreuse 4.0. Both are very difficult to photograph accurately. Birch Green is slighter paler and less saturated. Chartreuse is stronger and more complex, but not as bright and 'pure' as my Lime Green 74 Euro Carrera or as bright as my Liecht Grun 74 Carrera RS 3.0. I also believe that even factory versions of historic colors are different from the original 70's colors - different paint formulations. When my 4.0 was next to a Chartreuse 73 RS owned by a friend, the colors were subtly different. I'll be curious to see my Maritime Blue 991 RS next to my 964 RS of the same color.
Interesting observation. I like both greens but see the Birch as stronger and the Chartreuse as paler....
Old 12-19-2015, 06:11 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
After almost 14 months since we submitted one of my all-time favorite PTS colors for feasibility review, I finally received confirmation that 226 / Chartreuse / Lind Green (lindgrün) is fully approved and will be available the next time a PTS window opens!

It's been 3+ years since the 991 generation was introduced, and I'm really happy that we're finally able to get this classic color back.

Looking forward to getting an upcoming 991.2 GT car in this color.

Many thanks to Brett Payne at Sonnen, and Melissa Witek at Porsche Exclusive, for the assistance in getting this pushed through.

@Heads up to Eduardo!
Beautiful color. Thanks for the effort and results!
Old 12-19-2015, 07:02 AM
gt2urbo
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

love this colro. hope to get it on 991 gt2 rs
Old 12-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

I am very happy that we managed to get this color back on the PTS list. I am looking forward to the next window opening up so we can have some fun with these new approved colors.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:30 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
I am very happy that we managed to get this color back on the PTS list. I am looking forward to the next window opening up so we can have some fun with these new approved colors.

Thanks for the support, as always, Brett!

And thank you all. You are most welcome.

Looking forward to seeing some other 226's to go with whatever 991.2 RS car I end up ordering in 226 in the next year or so (GT3 RS / GT2 RS).
Old 12-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Eduardo and Nate,

I just wanted to say I enjoy reading your very informative posts. While I admit I am not as passionate as you about historical Porsche colors, I really enjoy looking at the pictures and history of the older models. While you may disagree over certain historical details, I think there is probably a better way to debate the issue. While I'm sure every member here has avoided the impulse to send a terse response to a post they disagree with, I would ask that you put your differences aside for the benefit of the forum. You provide a valuable resource to the community that will be missed if you decide to stop contributing. Happy Holidays and have a great New Years!

Last edited by Gef3rd; 12-20-2015 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 12-20-2015, 04:54 PM
juncinv
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche

Have any other colours been approved as of late?
Old 12-22-2015, 05:58 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by juncinv
Have any other colours been approved as of late?
I also submitted Aston Martin Storm Black Metallic which was approved.

Quick Reply: [PTS] 226 / Chartreuse / Light Green (lindgrün) approved!