Sponsored by:

Track Junkies.. Found a GREAT pad. Race Technologies RE10 Pads

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 05:33 AM
speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Junkies.. Found a GREAT pad. Race Technologies RE10 Pads

SinceI picked up my 991 GT3, I was extremely happy to take it to the race track in it’s natural habit! I took my GT3 to Big Willow and Buttonwillow and I noticed that stock pads did not have a good bite, which slowed the car down going into turns… I decided to give Race Technologies (Partner for Brembo Performance and Racing) a call. They helped setup my old F80 M3 a few months prior, and I knew they could help in the GT3. Based on their suggestions, I decided to go with the Race Technologies RE10 endurance compound since it was formulated for the professional racing series. I wanted a pad that could work consistently on the street and track.

My thoughts:

Pad Performance on Track:
Feedback is GREAT. Initial bite is NIGHT and DAY difference over stock.

Cold Temperature:
Pads response just as good cold or warm. The initial bite is so damn good!

Dust & Noise:
– Around town they tend to squeak a little coming to a complete stop but after a car wash – the squeak goes away. Strange but for the stopping power, it is a great trade off.
– Dust: I would say about 20% increase over stock which isn’t too pad!

Disc Wear:
I have put these pads through 8 track days so far and have not noticed any more disc wear than stock pads.

Pad Wear:
I have measured the pads last week and have not even seen a 5-10% decrease in size.

Overall:
LOVE THEM! Great pads, got it right the first time around. Truly helped confidence going into turns. The two things that stand out the most about the pad is the incredible initial bite (both hot and cold) and the linear modulation.

I highly recommend these pads on the 991 GT3! Hope to see more socal 991 GT3 owners at the track.

See you around
Josh
Old 12-09-2015, 05:55 AM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

it's a Brembo pads? find it in Europe?
Old 12-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Race Technology pads are made by Ferodo. I don't know what the direct compound comparison is Ferodo to Race Technology (Brembo) but do know that the driver description of pedal feel is the same between the 2.
For a complete discussion about 991 GT3 drivers using Ferodo DS1.11 go to Ortho Joe's Trackbuild on this forum.
http://www.apexperformance.net/Ferod...CHE_c_156.html

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 12-09-2015, 12:48 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,634 Likes on 759 Posts

Its what I put in for ED and they are good long lasting pads.
Not sure how they do towards the end because i couldnt kill off a set.

Need some bedding as you get a lot of materiaal transfer when you cant keep up temps but that's why they last long I guess.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:42 PM
KA MOTORSPORT
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clark-ApexPerformance
Race Technology pads are made by Ferodo. I don't know what the direct compound comparison is Ferodo to Race Technology (Brembo) but do know that the driver description of pedal feel is the same between the 2.
For a complete discussion about 991 GT3 drivers using Ferodo DS1.11 go to Ortho Joe's Trackbuild on this forum.
http://www.apexperformance.net/Ferod...CHE_c_156.html
We are very familiar with the RE10 and it's performance. It's a great track and pro race pad though being a bit more expensive than the other available options.

They are a proprietary compound so even if it was, it can't be bought from through the normal channels.

RE10 offers similar performance but 3-4x the wear advantage over a sprint pad like the DS. Also the 10 is nicer to the rotors. We run the RE10 for endurance races because it offers sprint like performance and the wear of an endurance pad without killing rotors.

You repeating the same thing over and over in multiple threads isn't going to make your statement correct. In fact it's probably misinformation.

Just my .02
Old 12-09-2015, 11:52 PM
KA MOTORSPORT
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Metzeger
it's a Brembo pads? find it in Europe?
Not made or supplied by Brembo. It's available only from Race Technologies in the USA (Brembo partner in the US, Asia and other overseas markets). We are a partner to Race Technologies as well as well so we can get it. PM me for special pricing.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:55 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Is there a temp/friction curve/spec available for it?
Old 12-10-2015, 12:06 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Josh, lets get you some rotors to go with them. The combo of the rotor and pad on our car has been significant in terms of longevity. With all the hairpins at Thermal we have been able to really put these to the test.

-Dom

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 12-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Nodrip
Instructor

8 trackdays and only 5-10% used?
Oh yeah, we just found the perfect brake pad, we can expect more than 50 trackdays from it...
Old 12-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

it's the ferodo DS1.11 equivalent?
Old 12-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Metzeger
it's the ferodo DS1.11 equivalent?
Believe the DS1.11 and RE 10 may be the same. I don't know for sure but
the comments about pedal feel are identical. Ferodo pads are much price friendlier than Race Technologies.
Ferodo pad prices are on my website. Where are Race Techology pad prices?
Old 12-12-2015, 08:10 PM
KA MOTORSPORT
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Clark-ApexPerformance
Believe the DS1.11 and RE 10 may be the same. I don't know for sure but
the comments about pedal feel are identical. Ferodo pads are much price friendlier than Race Technologies.
Ferodo pad prices are on my website. Where are Race Techology pad prices?
I don't understand why you have to keep posting this after we have told you multiple times that they are not the same!!!!
I am more than happy to share some pictures of ferodo pads of this weekend that we tested here in Malaysia at the Sepang 12hfor a few laps and the RT pad that we ran in the race.

So please keep to your product and stop making connections where there are none
Old 12-14-2015, 02:22 PM
KA MOTORSPORT
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
We were able to get some information for you. According to Brembo & RT, friction is dependent on speed, temperature and pressure. The primarily variables are mainly speed and temperature.

Here is some information they were willing to share:

This should help you give an idea of the RE10 vs other endurance pads on the market.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:45 AM
speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I am sure that Race Technology has one. I honestly haven't heated these up yet. They take great abuse.

Originally Posted by gmgracing
Josh, lets get you some rotors to go with them. The combo of the rotor and pad on our car has been significant in terms of longevity. With all the hairpins at Thermal we have been able to really put these to the test.

-Dom
Thanks Dom, I will hit you up once I kill my stock ones!

Originally Posted by Nodrip
Oh yeah, we just found the perfect brake pad, we can expect more than 50 trackdays from it...
I threw these on the car when I had maybe 5000 miles on them? I'm already at 14,000 and there is A TON of life left.. alot of them are track miles! i did 28 events this year so far!!
Old 12-28-2015, 05:50 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,634 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by Nodrip
Hey, how's Europe?
The driver is obviously the variable. Not just that but temps and available cool down time as well..

In CA there are no brake killing tracks like in Europe and East coast USA, so that may be a factor as well.

I can say that the RE10 pads seem to give me twice the life than I was used to.. But further Sebring testing continues both with RS and the soon to arrive GT4 :-)

Both KA and BGB swear by them and run these pads in all their big enduro races. Good enough for me to try them and I am glad I did. Seeing is believing.

Quick Reply: Track Junkies.. Found a GREAT pad. Race Technologies RE10 Pads