Sponsored by:

low level oil yellow light in the middle of weekend trip

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
If that were a GT3 would eat 1500 ml in 3-4 track days lol! Good to know they've improved the consumption on the RS
But due to actual mechanical/part changes or just as a result of lower redline? I suspect the latter.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:17 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

good thing you finally decided to put oil in it AFTER 2 WARNINGS.bty.....the third and final dash message is a mechanical hand that comes out of the dashboard and smacks ya......saying snap outta it.is this your first car ?
Old 12-08-2015, 11:45 AM
pelo911
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by extanker
good thing you finally decided to put oil in it AFTER 2 WARNINGS.bty.....the third and final dash message is a mechanical hand that comes out of the dashboard and smacks ya......saying snap outta it.is this your first car ?
when i arrive to the dealership only the Yellow light was on
after few minutes changed to Red

the service guy added half a QT.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:10 PM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
I think many of us suffered this malady with our first low oil level warning light! Of course only corrected by returning to the dealer. Worse yet I have not added oil for about 3 months/1500 mi. Last night while driving home from work the "exceeded max oil level" warning light came on. Now how is that possible!! I hate this "idiot light" system!!! It has to be a faulty sensor which I now have go to the dealer to resolve...
I doubt it is the sensor -- I had the essentially the same thing happen to me, low yellow oil light came on and I added 4 ounces of oil, drove it for 150 miles and then the "exceeded max oil level" came on. Went to the dealer, checked the sensor at my insistence, "no problem," they removed a little oil and now it in one bar above the low level. I am afraid it is something we are all going to have to live with unless there is a software/hardware upgrade. The dealers are not too happy about it either.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:50 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds about right. My warning light tripped weeks after adding oil. What is the point of a warning light if it takes weeks or months to get that warning ?
Old 12-08-2015, 03:11 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NMM991
I doubt it is the sensor -- I had the essentially the same thing happen to me, low yellow oil light came on and I added 4 ounces of oil, drove it for 150 miles and then the "exceeded max oil level" came on. Went to the dealer, checked the sensor at my insistence, "no problem," they removed a little oil and now it in one bar above the low level. I am afraid it is something we are all going to have to live with unless there is a software/hardware upgrade. The dealers are not too happy about it either.
Well I understand that but I am getting a "too high oil level" warning sign not too low and that is with not adding oil for 3 months/2000+ miles.

Quick Reply: low level oil yellow light in the middle of weekend trip