Sponsored by:

I might have gotten screwed over by dealer on my RS allocation

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 12:36 AM
Giggspy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I might have gotten screwed over by dealer on my RS allocation

My GT3RS build was supposed to be locked yesterday, and today I received a phone call from the dealer saying they submitted my build and it was rejected by Porsche. They are willing to give me a GT4 instead...I was like WTF.

I traded in my 2013 C2S earlier this year to get on the wait list of GT3RS. In early November, I received a call from dealer saying there's an alocation for me, but they are going to give to a loyal customer, and they ask me to buy another car from them in order to receive this allocation. I refused, told them I will contact Porsche NA if they do this to me.

Then they agreed to give me the allocation, and asked me to come in and finalize my build 2 weeks ago, and told me my order will be locked on December 3rd, which was yesterday. And today I received the bad news saying my order has been rejected by Porsche due to limited availability.

I suspect they have sold my allocation to another who either is willing to buy more cars from them, or paired additional money for it. I know I am currently #3 on the list, and if they end up delivering 3 RS and I'm not one of the owner, then there's something seriously wrong with the process.

I am trying to contact Porsche NA to get them to investigate, but don't know how successful I will be. Anyone has any suggestions? I am basically out 110k on my trade in plus 5k deposit they asked me to pay when I finalized my build. I can take the trade in cash out, but will loose a lot on the taxes for my trade. If there's nothing I can do, I will probably end up saying goodbye to Porsche all together and get a Mclaren or Lamborghini/R8.

I'm very disappointed over this at the moment, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 12-05-2015, 12:44 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear this.
"they ask me to buy another car from them in order to receive this allocation" This would have been the 1st red flag. You may try PCNA but they usually will ask you to work with the dealer on allocation related issues. They will not get involved. I would avoid this dealership. They will probably play the same game with GT4. Buy another car. uuuuurrrrrr
Old 12-05-2015, 12:44 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,772 Likes on 4,772 Posts

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Do you have any of this in writing? Esp. the part about them agreeing to give you the RS allocation? (Although course of conduct might establish the terms of the agreement in any event, but still wouldn't hurt to have a written agreement.)

That said, in writing or otherwise, not sure PCNA will be of any help to you.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:48 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I can only imagine your disgust with your situation. Let me ask, did you see a build sheet with an allocation and your name on it? That would help your case if PCNA gives a damn.

I'm afraid your not the first or last to have promises broken, lose money and have their cars snatched away from them. Makes my stomach turn because I would be apoplectic if the same happened to me. The trade in on top of this is crazy, who are these people?

Good luck, please report back the dealer's name when the time is right.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:49 AM
Giggspy
Intermediate

I have voice message on my phone from the dealers sales stating that they have the allocation, but will only gave to loyal customers, and ask me to buy another car. I'm going to present this with PCNA if needed. But I'm really pissed with this whole situation...
Old 12-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Sorry, sounds like they took advantage of you. I would publish your story on Yelp / forums like this one with the dealership and sales person by name to warn others.

The first red flag was asking you to trade in a car just to add your name to a list (no committment to actually sell you a car at any specified price).

Once they give you an allocation they can submit your build and give you a printout of what is in the system with commission number, etc.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:57 AM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 115 Posts

Where are you located.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:59 AM
SmokinGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 115 Posts

Mech33 if this is what actually happened it is fraud.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:01 AM
Giggspy
Intermediate

I'm in Vancouver area, Canada
Old 12-05-2015, 01:26 AM
Superman32
Racer

Originally Posted by Giggspy
I'm in Vancouver area, Canada
Which dealer did you order form? Vancouver or Langley or Victoria?
Old 12-05-2015, 01:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Focking scumbag stealerships...when will PCNA grow some focking ***** and get their dealers in line to ask in an ethical manner. Please proceed to looking at legal avenues. Don't let these scumbags get away with this.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:39 AM
Gotboost?
Rennlist Member

That's pretty f'd up. I would look into legal remedies at this point. I doubt PCNA can do anything for you.

BTW, why would you be taxed on your trade in?
Old 12-05-2015, 01:43 AM
Banango
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

>>Mech33 if this is what actually happened it is fraud

This. Get a good lawyer on it.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Giggspy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gotboost?
That's pretty f'd up. I would look into legal remedies at this point. I doubt PCNA can do anything for you.

BTW, why would you be taxed on your trade in?
Because in BC, we have sales tax on cars, 15%, but if you trade in a car, you only pay tax on the difference between the full price and the trade in value, instead of paying tax on the whole car.

Say if I take the cash from the dealer on my trade in, I only get 110k, meaning to buy another 200k car, I pay 30k in tax, instead of 13.5k tax on the difference.

Ryan
Old 12-05-2015, 01:51 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 214 Posts

This whole situation just sucks.

Quick Reply: I might have gotten screwed over by dealer on my RS allocation