Sponsored by:

GT3 Power increase?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 02:30 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3
I don't know yet. I haven't gotten mine yet. BUT....my DD is a 575hp/502tq M5. And my last weekend toy was a 800hp turbo-charged SRT8 Jeep. ; ) But I get it, that was a sledgehammer and the GT3 is a scalpel. I'm ready for a precision instrument. I evaluated the Viper and Z06/7. But determined them way over-powered for my first track car. Additionally.... I'm just doing my homework out of curiosity of what's available in the event I DO want more power.
I have an APR tuned RS7 that I daily drive. It has both the 93 and 100 octane programs. Being that I'm near a track I'm almost always running 100 which gives me 728hp/744tq and Quattro awd traction. Apparently it will do 0-60 in about 3 flat and the quarter mile in 10.6s. It's like driving a freight train. That being said, I would definitely have more fun in a car that is better balanced and lighter with less power. The RS7 isn't a car you can throw around in the curves and corners.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:34 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I have an APR tuned RS7 that I daily drive. It has both the 93 and 100 octane programs. Being that I'm near a track I'm almost always running 100 which gives me 728hp/744tq and Quattro awd traction. Apparently it will do 0-60 in about 3 flat and the quarter mile in 10.6s. It's like driving a freight train. That being said, I would definitely have more fun in a car that is better balanced and lighter with less power. The RS7 isn't a car you can throw around in the curves and corners.
I feel the same way about my M5.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
I don't think it's worth doing anything more than a center muffler bypass for the sound. That is something that 95% of dealers will ok and it won't void your warranty.

All the other stuff, cats, headers, etc, won't increase torque, which is what you would feel the most, and doing those things will void your warranty at most Porsche dealers, and for what? Just to eek out 10-15 hp that you won't feel anyway?

I don't get it.

I can see doing this to a GT3 that is out of warranty, but I think it is madness to make these kinds of modifications a GT3 that is still under factory warranty, as you won't achieve much actual power gain, most of what people "feel" is just placebo , but you still face very real risk of noncoverage for any future warranty claims.

I agree...
"Seat of the pants dyno" will never notice 10-15hp

Quick Reply: GT3 Power increase?