Sponsored by:

GT3 ordering 101

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 11:47 PM
nrgy
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GT3 ordering 101

I've been out of the loop for awhile and haven't been keeping up to date on the industry, but as of late I've been getting the itch for a new car. The GT3 has always been a candidate, but it appears the market has changed the last few years and buying one isn't as simple as it used to be. I guess I never considered the standard GT3 to be a limited production car but from the brief research I've done it appears I'm wrong.

If I want a GT3 @ MSRP, do I simply place an order and hope to get an allocation? Waiting, to a certain extent, isn't an issue but it sounds like placing an order is no guarantee you'll get a car?

It sounds like the 991.1 GT3 production is all but over, so this whole discussion may be moot anyhow if the 991.2 GT3 won't be available until fall 2017? That's a little too far out for me, assuming it would be 2018 before I even see one. I'd probably swing for something else if that's the case.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:29 AM
MoeGt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can find a lot of owners offloading really low mileage Gt3's to make space for the RS. So your best bet is shopping around what is being offered in the market. If you really have you mind set in getting 1, I am sure you will always find a car you would like there is no shortage for sure.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:48 AM
nrgy
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I appreciate the insight. Yeah I'm still trying to determine how set I am on the GT3. A lightly optioned GT3 @ MSRP would interest me, but from the minimal research I've done it looks like current cars on the market are at least $150k+? (I don't know, is eBay a good indication? ) That's closing the gap on the 570S a little too much, which is a car I'm excited to see how it pans out in it's first year.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:16 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nrgy
I've been out of the loop for awhile and haven't been keeping up to date on the industry, but as of late I've been getting the itch for a new car. The GT3 has always been a candidate, but it appears the market has changed the last few years and buying one isn't as simple as it used to be. I guess I never considered the standard GT3 to be a limited production car but from the brief research I've done it appears I'm wrong.

If I want a GT3 @ MSRP, do I simply place an order and hope to get an allocation? Waiting, to a certain extent, isn't an issue but it sounds like placing an order is no guarantee you'll get a car?

It sounds like the 991.1 GT3 production is all but over, so this whole discussion may be moot anyhow if the 991.2 GT3 won't be available until fall 2017? That's a little too far out for me, assuming it would be 2018 before I even see one. I'd probably swing for something else if that's the case.
You answered your own question
Old 10-20-2015, 04:05 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go for the 570S then.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

There maybe 2 used GT3s under MSRP. Maybe. Decide how much over MSRP you are willing to spend and be patient. Be patient. It may take a month or two to find one you like at a price you are willing to pay. When you find it think about it for maybe 2 seconds and make the call. 3 seconds and the guy doing the same thing you are will already have it.

Quick Reply: GT3 ordering 101