Sponsored by:

How do you turn the radio off?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 10:31 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts
Default How do you turn the radio off?

Sounds simple? I turn down the volume and when I restart the car the volume is back where it was before I turned it down. So I turn it off by pushing the button. OK, but when re starting it comes back on.
Today it came back on when I started it. Turned it off by pushing the button. 30-40 seconds later Porsche Shield comes on the screen followed by the 911 swoop, then radio comes on. I roll the volume down. 30-40 seconds later volume returns, and soon after that the cycle repeats. And Fookin repeats. Does not stop. I pushed the MAP button hoping it would forget what it was doing. Did not load map. Just kept putting radio on where it last was. Not like I can listen to the radio because it keeps re booting with the shield and swoop.
Any experience with this?
Old 10-18-2015, 10:37 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Sounds simple? I turn down the volume and when I restart the car the volume is back where it was before I turned it down. So I turn it off by pushing the button. OK, but when re starting it comes back on.
Today it came back on when I started it. Turned it off by pushing the button. 30-40 seconds later Porsche Shield comes on the screen followed by the 911 swoop, then radio comes on. I roll the volume down. 30-40 seconds later volume returns, and soon after that the cycle repeats. And Fookin repeats. Does not stop. I pushed the MAP button hoping it would forget what it was doing. Did not load map. Just kept putting radio on where it last was. Not like I can listen to the radio because it keeps re booting with the shield and swoop.
No way to shut off...mute only? very stupid
Old 10-18-2015, 11:25 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Sounds like mine, I need to take the car in. My PCM lost the USB and jukebox. Reboots every 5 minutes. I've pulled the fuse, until I can take it in.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:28 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

The only way to turn it off is to turn everything off by pushing and holding the button and turning everything off and then it doesn't come back on, but you lose everything else too.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:10 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
The only way to turn it off is to turn everything off by pushing and holding the button and turning everything off and then it doesn't come back on......
This should work. Do it before turning off the ignition so the computer doesn't remember the radio as being on the last time the car was used.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:24 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That's strange regarding turning it off while traveling and having it come back on. I use the radio all the time, when I don't want it on I push the button and it stays off.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:32 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
The only way to turn it off is to turn everything off by pushing and holding the button and turning everything off and then it doesn't come back on, but you lose everything else too.
A quick push mutes it, but it comes back a few min later. Push and hold and screen goes blank, and comes back and the cycle repeats. Porsche crest, 911 swoop, radio. It always comes back with the same volume. Dealer will get it soon.
Tried switching to the disc but got the "no disc" message and it went back to the re boot cycle.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:49 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 914 Posts

Same here. Turn it off before shutting down car and it's back on automatically when the car is restated. Just assumed it was one of the many stupid electronic design decisions like steering and parking brake.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:25 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Same here. Turn it off before shutting down car and it's back on automatically when the car is restated. Just assumed it was one of the many stupid electronic design decisions like steering and parking brake.
My GT3 does this as does my wifes Q5. Annoying as hell. Must be corporate VAG decision.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Why not just turn the volume down? Mine seems to maintain the same volume across vehicle starts.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:18 PM
kaution321
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to mention a/c is always on at start up.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:57 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by kaution321
Not to mention a/c is always on at start up.
This drives me nuts as well! I wonder if both "features" could be coded out by the dealer.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Napoli
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been able to turn it off. Set the source setting to AUX.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:25 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

It has a radio?
Old 10-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

My father's panamera does this. Strange ghost will just randomly un-mute every now and then. It must be unique to some cars because I have a 2012 Cayenne and 2014 GT3 which don't do this.

Quick Reply: How do you turn the radio off?