Sponsored by:

picture of your garage

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 10:27 AM
morjo02
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
Installed mezzanine, and railings. Waiting on LVP flooring and stainless steel wire for railing by end of this week.

WOW !!! Nice Job and Enjoy....
The following users liked this post:
younesbernou (02-23-2024)
Old 01-25-2019, 10:31 AM
morjo02
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dfoster
I've been following this thread for quit a while. I must say allot of folks on here have some amazing cars & amazing garage space. The creativity has truly inspired me. The Rennlist site has provided hours of learning & reading enjoyment for me.
After a long journey, I'm happy to report I finally took delivery of my GT3RS yesterday. I was sadly one of the victims related to the Shiraaz/Champion Porsche fall out but I must admit, they stepped up and made things right for me. In conclusion to that chapter, I'm glad its over and I'm happy with the outcome. I hope all of the other victims have the same conclusion to report.
So to come full circle with this story, early 2018, I finally broke down and decided to build a new garage for my car to be delivered late 2018, early 2019. Design started in March, 2018, construction began around the middle of June, 2018. I had photos and pic's of things I had collected for years, of which I wanted to somehow incorporate into my space. Yard was an obstacle and compromise had to be made on size. I ultimately decided on a 38'x29' space. I'm subsequently a commercial contractor so allot of thought was put into operating cost, longevity and obviously my taste for appearance. Foundations were probably an over kill but I wanted to make sure things set on a solid footing. Walls were constructed with 2x6 studs @ 16" centers. Front wall was constructed with 2x10 due to the clearstory ribbon window setting directly over the garage doors, hence I wanted to distribute the load to (3) 18" LVL's per door opening. Walls, Floors (elevated desk) & roof framing all have closed cell foam insulation, 5/8" gyp board. Concrete slab is 8" thick reinforced with WWF & fiber. No cracking what's so ever. I highly recommend fiber for those on the fence about it. Floor has been polished and stained to a natural grey concrete finish. Hot water is provided by a tank less hot water unit in a mechanical room below, A little natural stone accent on the exterior, slate roofing, copper gutters, board & batt siding (very affordable) with translucent stain and an exposed concrete driveway.
I'm pleased with the outcome and happy to finally share with the Rennlist community.

This garage is insane !! Just Amazing... Enjoy and when I retire I planned to build a nice garage. I have a GT4 and Shelby GT350R. Looking to add a McLaren 600LT or 720S.... wish me luck :-)
Old 01-25-2019, 06:06 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
The floor looks fantastic.
I'll second that
Old 01-25-2019, 06:11 PM
GT4 981
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by morjo02
This garage is insane !! Just Amazing... Enjoy and when I retire I planned to build a nice garage. I have a GT4 and Shelby GT350R. Looking to add a McLaren 600LT or 720S.... wish me luck :-)
I’d love to hear a short comparison between the gt4 and gt350r! They were the last two I narrowed it down to and went with the gt4 but it’s always greener...
Old 01-25-2019, 06:28 PM
cashed
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine has changed a lot this week. I don't know how the garages above keep the floors so clean!! Unreal
The following 2 users liked this post by cashed:
GREENI (11-06-2021), younesbernou (02-23-2024)
Old 01-25-2019, 07:21 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I'm officially jealous of most people's garages here. Here's my little shack. :P

We get tiny garages in this part of town and I even managed to fit my 39" wide BMW R1200GS Adventure motorcycle in front of the GT3. Wife's Sonata parked outside sadly.

Next goal/house is going to be at least a 3 car garage or something that'll accommodate a lift. Heck, I can't even get a driveway around here.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:43 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4 981
I’d love to hear a short comparison between the gt4 and gt350r! They were the last two I narrowed it down to and went with the gt4 but it’s always greener...
Need both!
Old 01-26-2019, 12:42 PM
GT4 981
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Need both!
I wish. Both is not in the cards.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:30 PM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by cashed

Mine has changed a lot this week. I don't know how the garages above keep the floors so clean!! Unreal

I love to know more about the 964
Old 01-26-2019, 03:54 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

In process of buying lift
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2019, 06:13 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4 981
I wish. Both is not in the cards.
It's a tough choice then because there isn't much overlap in my opinion. I don't have a R as I didn't see the value for my purposes and they were still hard to get and no discount.

Both serve different purposes. The GT4 to me is like a scalpel. The GT350 is a brute. Both will get you there but it'll feel different. 350 is big and especially big feeling when compared to the GT4. GT4 is a nice tight cockpit and smaller form factor. Goes back to the scalpel comment.

I think the GT350 is more enjoyable on the street and I find myself taking it more places than my Porsche's. Less to worry about. The FPC is a beast that sounds amazing in my opinion. Though hard to enjoy the sweet sounds at high RPM without easily breaking speed laws. Both transmissions shift really well.

I've only driven a Gt350 on track for one day including some autocross and was impressed by its ability but the driving feel doesn't compare to GT4 on track.

Fit and finish, well hands down GT4 though I wouldn't say GT350 is horrendous though I guess it depends on which one you happen to get for fit. Finish, well GT4 again. Materials in the 350 are on the cheaper side. The budget was not spent there. But again different type of car.

In the end depends on your use and what you want out of it.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:20 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

new CGT 40" x 60" alum print on the wall
Old 01-26-2019, 06:38 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,790 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by shamoo
Well, I'm officially jealous of most people's garages here. Here's my little shack. :P

We get tiny garages in this part of town and I even managed to fit my 39" wide BMW R1200GS Adventure motorcycle in front of the GT3. Wife's Sonata parked outside sadly.

Next goal/house is going to be at least a 3 car garage or something that'll accommodate a lift. Heck, I can't even get a driveway around here.

Once you go to a 3-car garage home there is no going back (speaking from experience). If you are in So Cal and need a realtor, let me know as I do commission rebates for buyers.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:10 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by dfoster
I've been following this thread for quit a while. I must say allot of folks on here have some amazing cars & amazing garage space. The creativity has truly inspired me. The Rennlist site has provided hours of learning & reading enjoyment for me.
After a long journey, I'm happy to report I finally took delivery of my GT3RS yesterday. I was sadly one of the victims related to the Shiraaz/Champion Porsche fall out but I must admit, they stepped up and made things right for me. In conclusion to that chapter, I'm glad its over and I'm happy with the outcome. I hope all of the other victims have the same conclusion to report.
So to come full circle with this story, early 2018, I finally broke down and decided to build a new garage for my car to be delivered late 2018, early 2019. Design started in March, 2018, construction began around the middle of June, 2018. I had photos and pic's of things I had collected for years, of which I wanted to somehow incorporate into my space. Yard was an obstacle and compromise had to be made on size. I ultimately decided on a 38'x29' space. I'm subsequently a commercial contractor so allot of thought was put into operating cost, longevity and obviously my taste for appearance. Foundations were probably an over kill but I wanted to make sure things set on a solid footing. Walls were constructed with 2x6 studs @ 16" centers. Front wall was constructed with 2x10 due to the clearstory ribbon window setting directly over the garage doors, hence I wanted to distribute the load to (3) 18" LVL's per door opening. Walls, Floors (elevated desk) & roof framing all have closed cell foam insulation, 5/8" gyp board. Concrete slab is 8" thick reinforced with WWF & fiber. No cracking what's so ever. I highly recommend fiber for those on the fence about it. Floor has been polished and stained to a natural grey concrete finish. Hot water is provided by a tank less hot water unit in a mechanical room below, A little natural stone accent on the exterior, slate roofing, copper gutters, board & batt siding (very affordable) with translucent stain and an exposed concrete driveway.
I'm pleased with the outcome and happy to finally share with the Rennlist community.
Spectacular garage and great to hear that your expierience with Champion worked out.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:15 PM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

new CGT 40" x 60" alum print on the wall
Mooty. Outrageous sir. The contrast, the wall art, the collection, all just way over the top.

Quick Reply: picture of your garage