Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

picture of your garage

Old 01-16-2019, 08:14 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by jkfuel
Has anyone paid to have their garage ceilings raised to accomodate for the lifts? If so, was it a "big" ordeal?
I did. Cost me around ~ 2k, but...
1. Was done as part of a much bigger whole house remodel (400k), so think the contractor kind of threw it in there...
2. Only raised the ceiling, not the roof. So the ceiling is now stepped with the center part (where the car's greenhouse would go) raised but the fore and aft areas still where it was before (the roof is sloped down towards the fore and aft, so there was no height to raise it without first raising the roof.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:39 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 223 Posts

I thought about raising the roof... went with a Quickjack instead.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:32 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by jkfuel
Has anyone paid to have their garage ceilings raised to accomodate for the lifts? If so, was it a "big" ordeal?
Yes las summer. No fairly straightforward with some research. If you have specific questions I can share my experience with it.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:18 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

Installed mezzanine, and railings. Waiting on LVP flooring and stainless steel wire for railing by end of this week.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Very cool! I wish I had the space for that.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:24 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
Been a little busy the past couple days. Garage is 30x55. Mezannine clearance is 10 ft for trailer to fit. Next is paint, stainless cable rail system, and LVP flooring.

Do you know what cable rail system you are going to use? Asking because my company is a distributor of Feeney Cable Rail Systems. We keep almost all the items they sell in stock and ready to ship. If you hit me up with a PM I can get you some pricing on it with a Rennlist discount.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:19 PM
Porsche Perimeter
Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This has to be one of my favorite threads on Rennlist. I started my new lighting recently. Now it is time for floors, lift, cabinets, and decorations!

At least I am off to a good start with lighting.

-Tyler
Old 01-22-2019, 09:36 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Do you know what cable rail system you are going to use? Asking because my company is a distributor of Feeney Cable Rail Systems. We keep almost all the items they sell in stock and ready to ship. If you hit me up with a PM I can get you some pricing on it with a Rennlist discount.
Hey Seth. Thank you and I'm not sure what product we're going with. My friend who is a builder is sourcing it and she said we should have it here Friday. I'll find out where she sourced and if there are any delays past Friday, I may PM you. Thanks again for the offer!
Old 01-23-2019, 12:54 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
Installed mezzanine, and railings. Waiting on LVP flooring and stainless steel wire for railing by end of this week.

I'm in process of a build right now and will have a 20x26 mezzanine. Would you mind sharing some close-ups of your stairs and railing? Also wondering the height under and above the mezzanine?
Old 01-23-2019, 11:56 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vodavoda
I'm in process of a build right now and will have a 20x26 mezzanine. Would you mind sharing some close-ups of your stairs and railing? Also wondering the height under and above the mezzanine?
That's a big mezzanine!

So my unit is 30' wide and the mezzanine is 11 ft deep. The clearance under the mezzanine to clear the trailer is 10'. We used 12' LVL (doubled) to span across the 6x6 posts. The bases are redheaded into the concrete foundation (6" thick with rebar). I'll get you some close ups of the stairs. 17 steps no risers. 5 stringers - 2 stacked on outsides and one in the middle. Stringers for the floor are 12x2 and sitting in buckets. The posts were notched so that they can be part of the rail on top and the LVL's can be set inside them. There are double stacked LVLs in front and also in back with a small 12" cantiliver from them to the header that is bolted into the CMU wall. Due to the max span being 17', we didn't really have to use LVLs and could have gotten away with 12x2 (stacked).

What you see here was completed in 4 days of work (2 days for framing - 1 for posts / finish - 1 for paint).

Hopefully by end of day friday, LVP floor will be installed and 8 stainless steel wires will be put between the posts.

Hope that helps and happy to get you pics of anything specific you are interested in.

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2019, 09:31 AM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been following this thread for quit a while. I must say allot of folks on here have some amazing cars & amazing garage space. The creativity has truly inspired me. The Rennlist site has provided hours of learning & reading enjoyment for me.
After a long journey, I'm happy to report I finally took delivery of my GT3RS yesterday. I was sadly one of the victims related to the Shiraaz/Champion Porsche fall out but I must admit, they stepped up and made things right for me. In conclusion to that chapter, I'm glad its over and I'm happy with the outcome. I hope all of the other victims have the same conclusion to report.
So to come full circle with this story, early 2018, I finally broke down and decided to build a new garage for my car to be delivered late 2018, early 2019. Design started in March, 2018, construction began around the middle of June, 2018. I had photos and pic's of things I had collected for years, of which I wanted to somehow incorporate into my space. Yard was an obstacle and compromise had to be made on size. I ultimately decided on a 38'x29' space. I'm subsequently a commercial contractor so allot of thought was put into operating cost, longevity and obviously my taste for appearance. Foundations were probably an over kill but I wanted to make sure things set on a solid footing. Walls were constructed with 2x6 studs @ 16" centers. Front wall was constructed with 2x10 due to the clearstory ribbon window setting directly over the garage doors, hence I wanted to distribute the load to (3) 18" LVL's per door opening. Walls, Floors (elevated desk) & roof framing all have closed cell foam insulation, 5/8" gyp board. Concrete slab is 8" thick reinforced with WWF & fiber. No cracking what's so ever. I highly recommend fiber for those on the fence about it. Floor has been polished and stained to a natural grey concrete finish. Hot water is provided by a tank less hot water unit in a mechanical room below, A little natural stone accent on the exterior, slate roofing, copper gutters, board & batt siding (very affordable) with translucent stain and an exposed concrete driveway.
I'm pleased with the outcome and happy to finally share with the Rennlist community.

The following users liked this post:
younesbernou (02-23-2024)
Old 01-25-2019, 09:57 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 177 Posts

Beautiful garage and congrats on it and the car! Both are perfect.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:11 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by dfoster
I've been following this thread for quit a while. I must say allot of folks on here have some amazing cars & amazing garage space. The creativity has truly inspired me. The Rennlist site has provided hours of learning & reading enjoyment for me.
After a long journey, I'm happy to report I finally took delivery of my GT3RS yesterday. I was sadly one of the victims related to the Shiraaz/Champion Porsche fall out but I must admit, they stepped up and made things right for me. In conclusion to that chapter, I'm glad its over and I'm happy with the outcome. I hope all of the other victims have the same conclusion to report.
So to come full circle with this story, early 2018, I finally broke down and decided to build a new garage for my car to be delivered late 2018, early 2019. Design started in March, 2018, construction began around the middle of June, 2018. I had photos and pic's of things I had collected for years, of which I wanted to somehow incorporate into my space. Yard was an obstacle and compromise had to be made on size. I ultimately decided on a 38'x29' space. I'm subsequently a commercial contractor so allot of thought was put into operating cost, longevity and obviously my taste for appearance. Foundations were probably an over kill but I wanted to make sure things set on a solid footing. Walls were constructed with 2x6 studs @ 16" centers. Front wall was constructed with 2x10 due to the clearstory ribbon window setting directly over the garage doors, hence I wanted to distribute the load to (3) 18" LVL's per door opening. Walls, Floors (elevated desk) & roof framing all have closed cell foam insulation, 5/8" gyp board. Concrete slab is 8" thick reinforced with WWF & fiber. No cracking what's so ever. I highly recommend fiber for those on the fence about it. Floor has been polished and stained to a natural grey concrete finish. Hot water is provided by a tank less hot water unit in a mechanical room below, A little natural stone accent on the exterior, slate roofing, copper gutters, board & batt siding (very affordable) with translucent stain and an exposed concrete driveway.
I'm pleased with the outcome and happy to finally share with the Rennlist community.
Congrats! That space looks great!

What kind of opener is that?
Old 01-25-2019, 10:22 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow. What a great space! Obviously well thought out. The floor looks fantastic.
Congrats on the new RS. Love the color combo!
Old 01-25-2019, 10:25 AM
morjo02
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3
Why not just sell the R and keep the Touring? The Touring has a better motor.
nice garage.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: picture of your garage