Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   picture of your garage (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/899286-picture-of-your-garage.html)

Haku 02-19-2016 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by rubbaman (Post 13030421)
Got my first large metal prints form "Large Metal Prints" today and beginning on the garage redesign. They are 30x45 in. And printed on aluminum.
One is from the Spring "Smokies" trip and the other I took at the Porsche Super Cup race at COTA 2014 USGP weekend.

Very nice Rob!
Still time to jump in for the Smokies Spring 2016 event! :burnout:

Plastique999 02-19-2016 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by CGT000 (Post 13028979)
Plastique999.... How come no one in Cali has license plates on their cars? What happens if a car without plates get stolen. How could it be traced?

Funny you mention, I've gotten pulled over quite a bit .... And often times the cop will write me a fix it ticket vs the speeding.
Most officers don't seem to mind no plates on exotics in SoCal.

Plastique999 02-19-2016 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. (Post 13027729)
Hilarious, there was some white residue on the dash! Wow, Eddie the garage looks great! A bunch of us are heading to the Shift Sector event in Coalinga on the 27th, check it out. Lunch at Harris ranch around 11:30.

Damn, Shift Sector looks fun!!
Wish I could make this - are you taking the LP640 - better tape up the front of the car!

tasman 02-19-2016 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by rubbaman (Post 13030421)
Got my first large metal prints form "Large Metal Prints" today and beginning on the garage redesign. They are 30x45 in. And printed on aluminum. One is from the Spring "Smokies" trip and the other I took at the Porsche Super Cup race at COTA 2014 USGP weekend.

Looks great We miss you in the Smokies. Come join us

ThatDaveDude 02-19-2016 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 13029015)
tax reasons, toll reasons, no front license plate reasons.. don't bug us about it.. it's one of the last few transgressions available to us.

I have to be honest, when I see expensive cars with no plates in California, it ticks me off a tad. I pay my registrations every year (13 vehicles), and I pay the sales taxes due on my exotic cars, whether I have purchased them in-state or out of state. What makes the non-plate guys think they get a pass? (I'm not referring to no-front-plate, I'm referring to never-been-registered or taxed). I have a friend in town with a 996 Turbo which hasn't been registered or taxed in his 7 years of ownership. WTF?

JCBH 02-19-2016 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by ThatDaveDude (Post 13031923)
I have to be honest, when I see expensive cars with no plates in California, it ticks me off a tad. I pay my registrations every year (13 vehicles), and I pay the sales taxes due on my exotic cars, whether I have purchased them in-state or out of state. What makes the non-plate guys think they get a pass? (I'm not referring to no-front-plate, I'm referring to never-been-registered or taxed). I have a friend in town with a 996 Turbo which hasn't been registered or taxed in his 7 years of ownership. WTF?

Of course the taxes and registration are paid on these cars...some people do not install the license plates (front or rear) and just keep the registration tag that goes in the windshield...some states give you plates when you buy the car; California typically sends them in the mail to you after a month or 6 weeks.

ThatDaveDude 02-19-2016 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by JCBH (Post 13031999)
Of course the taxes and registration are paid on these cars...some people do not install the license plates (front or rear) and just keep the registration tag that goes in the windshield...some states give you plates when you buy the car; California typically sends them in the mail to you after a month or 6 weeks.

Yes, I realize there is a delay before getting one's plates in California. I'm not referring to those people who just bought the car. I'm talking about the guys I know in California that register their cars in Oregon or Nevada or not at all and never pay CA sales tax and never register them locally, even over years of ownership. This is not a majority of people because I realize some owners don't install the plates even though the plate may be in the trunk or the garage. Those don't bother me. But Calexi said "tax reasons" as one reason some may not have plates (not Calexi, though). That was the response I was directing my point to.

JCBH 02-19-2016 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by ThatDaveDude (Post 13032054)
Yes, I realize there is a delay before getting one's plates in California. I'm not referring to those people who just bought the car. I'm talking about the guys I know in California that register their cars in Oregon or Nevada or not at all and never pay CA sales tax and never register them locally, even over years of ownership. This is not a majority of people because I realize some owners don't install the plates even though the plate may be in the trunk or the garage. Those don't bother me. But Calexi said "tax reasons" as one reason some may not have plates (not Calexi, though). That was the response I was directing my point to.

Ah - my apologies - yes, agreed on those people who avoid registering here in CA if living here, to save taxes. Can say the same thing about guys who are so excited to buy private party to avoid sales tax, and their need to repeat it on here over and over and over again, as if we are impressed. Seems if that amount of money makes or breaks a car purchase then perhaps it is not the right car/expense for that person.

CAlexio 02-19-2016 02:07 PM

Yea, I have a few "Montana" friends, with 918's Etc... They live in other states, not CA. but i would imagine it causes havoc if you have a ca driver's license no?.

I currently don't have a plate because as long as you don't have a rear tag, then they can't get you for front tag missing.. It's oxymoronic but true... That's my only reason. How would one get away with never registering their vehicle anywhere?

JCBH 02-19-2016 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 13032251)
Yea, I have a few "Montana" friends, with 918's Etc... They live in other states, not CA. but i would imagine it causes havoc if you have a ca driver's license no?.

I currently don't have a plate because as long as you don't have a rear tag, then they can't get you for front tag missing.. It's oxymoronic but true... That's my only reason. How would one get away with never registering their vehicle anywhere?

I have had an industrious meter maid give my wife a parking ticket on her Range Rover (car was 4 weeks old and plates had literally arrived the day before) and she said that she could tell that the plates just arrived...and were not yet installed...ticket...we got them installed the next day. Easy enough with computerized systems to tell I guess...

Sloopy 02-19-2016 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by JCBH (Post 13032277)
I have had an industrious meter maid give my wife a parking ticket on her Range Rover (car was 4 weeks old and plates had literally arrived the day before) and she said that she could tell that the plates just arrived...and were not yet installed...ticket...we got them installed the next day. Easy enough with computerized systems to tell I guess...

Sounds like the Meter Maid is a bit jealous of your wife's car. My wife has one also but it dose look a lot like the new Ford.

JCBH 02-19-2016 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sloopy (Post 13032422)
Sounds like the Meter Maid is a bit jealous of your wife's car. My wife has one also but it dose look a lot like the new Ford.

Haha yeah - I have found that they know EXACTLY what they are looking at - get compliments all the time when I am getting parking tickets :)

Just in time 02-19-2016 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by ThatDaveDude (Post 13031923)

You can sleep tight. The ones that do not may also until the taxman shows up. The day criminal charges get dropped on someone then we will see. :corn:

Ur20v 02-19-2016 09:15 PM

Why do you leave front plates out of your rant, they are there for a reason, someone saying they don't like them because they are ugly is just blatantly law breaking. No other country would allow you to get away with it and would either impounded your car and or hit you for multi thousands in fines for perverting the course of justice.

doubleurx 02-19-2016 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ur20v (Post 13033645)
Why do you leave front plates out of your rant, they are there for a reason, someone saying they don't like them because they are ugly is just blatantly law breaking. No other country would allow you to get away with it and would either impounded your car and or hit you for multi thousands in fines for perverting the course of justice.

Enlighten me on the reasons please. Thankfully here in CA it is a simple fix it ticket.