Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   picture of your garage (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/899286-picture-of-your-garage.html)

RDH 02-08-2016 08:31 AM

http://static3.businessinsider.com/i...lu-mishaps.jpg

mooty 02-08-2016 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by FFaust (Post 12996940)
OCD? :nono: Well maybe the alphabetical classification. lol.

Should be an inspiration for the rest of us.

On my way to the velodrome in a minute ;)

decades of riding, I cannot do a track stand to save my life! and I can't stay uprig on velodrome. my technique to stop is often seen by others as crashing

back to garages

CAlexio 02-08-2016 10:22 AM

Some say, he's the reason OCD magically appeared in the dictionary on day...
... And that his Porsche collection includes cars they haven't even produced yet...

.. All we know, is he's called the MOOTY!

FJSeattle 02-08-2016 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 12996785)
thanks!

of course.

picture coming
colnago C40, 50, 59
cipollini RB800 and RB1000

i am making a detailing cart so i can get rid of all those bottles on top of the bench

One in one out rule for me on the sock drawer.

rxtrom 02-08-2016 02:50 PM

I have 3 bays and 3 cars, 10'3" ceilings with cabinets and hooks etc.. but the kids toys and bikes seem to take up a bay in such a way where there will be one car in the driveway. Short of getting rid of the kids or the kid's toys what have you guys done to keep the garage free from these issues? Your garages are so tidy...

007DT 02-08-2016 04:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by rxtrom (Post 12997991)
I have 3 bays and 3 cars, 10'3" ceilings with cabinets and hooks etc.. but the kids toys and bikes seem to take up a bay in such a way where there will be one car in the driveway. Short of getting rid of the kids or the kid's toys what have you guys done to keep the garage free from these issues? Your garages are so tidy...

Our Garage is a 3 car so I limit Kids Toys in the Garage to Bikes Only.. Our garage would be a mess if I allowed all of their stuff in there (and by some of those who have posted, ours is a mess in their eyes.) BUT you will not find any Lawn tools, and items that would clutter or potentially damage a car in our garage. I try to keep it as organized as possible w/ 3 hellions, which is a tough task.

With regard to the many, many riding toys and other items the kids would like to have accessible and piled in the garage I have a place in our Basement/Terrace level where they can get them. In Georgia many have walkout basements so it works for accessible storage too... Otherwise consider alternative areas for them to store their toys.

We do have a lot of Bikes.. (I have 3, Wife and Kids have 1 each.) Also have a Motorcycle and a Kids Dirtbike. Racking the bikes works well to organize and make room for cars.

rxtrom 02-08-2016 04:42 PM

Thanks for the pic Dave that helps.

Plastique999 02-09-2016 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by rxtrom (Post 12997991)

I have 4 kids....so much junk you would not believe.
But my garages are clean.
Answer = shed .... It is messy as ****

p912guy 02-09-2016 12:22 PM

Mooty, be very careful walking in the garage with the bike shoes on. I had a good friend go down in his garage as he was preparing for a ride - fractured humerus and torn rotator cuff. The surgeon went in to do the repair and could only take care of the fracture because the rotator cuff was too damaged from current and old injuries. He has a new "reverse shoulder" replacement now. The good news is he is back on the bike riding again though.

Keith

osu s2k 02-09-2016 03:34 PM

mooty, is your floor acid etched/stained or just polished. I am trying to figure out which direction to go. I would like to polish lightly but not grind(not to expose the aggregate) and acid stain in a red sienna stain. And then polyurethane the floor with a bit a shark bite to be less slippery.

mooty 02-09-2016 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by 007DT (Post 12998224)
Our Garage is a 3 car so I limit Kids Toys in the Garage to Bikes Only.. Our garage would be a mess if I allowed all of their stuff in there (and by some of those who have posted, ours is a mess in their eyes.) BUT you will not find any Lawn tools, and items that would clutter or potentially damage a car in our garage. I try to keep it as organized as possible w/ 3 hellions, which is a tough task.

With regard to the many, many riding toys and other items the kids would like to have accessible and piled in the garage I have a place in our Basement/Terrace level where they can get them. In Georgia many have walkout basements so it works for accessible storage too... Otherwise consider alternative areas for them to store their toys.

We do have a lot of Bikes.. (I have 3, Wife and Kids have 1 each.) Also have a Motorcycle and a Kids Dirtbike. Racking the bikes works well to organize and make room for cars.

well organized. my kids have been taught that if their toys encroaches upon daddy's space, they will be relocated into the garbage can. after a few times, they learned quickly. though max also learned how to dive into the garbage can and dig out his discarded toys!

Originally Posted by p912guy (Post 13000721)
Mooty, be very careful walking in the garage with the bike shoes on. I had a good friend go down in his garage as he was preparing for a ride - fractured humerus and torn rotator cuff. The surgeon went in to do the repair and could only take care of the fracture because the rotator cuff was too damaged from current and old injuries. He has a new "reverse shoulder" replacement now. The good news is he is back on the bike riding again though.

Keith

thanx for the note. cleats tend to do that even if not on polished concrete. make sure replace the heel pads often. when new, they have a soft rubber piece there that's anti slippery. they wear out every 6 months if you walk on them. my rotator cuff... prolly doesn't exist. i can't raise my arm higher than shoulder. many MTB stunts... well, failed stunts.

Originally Posted by osu s2k (Post 13001441)
mooty, is your floor acid etched/stained or just polished. I am trying to figure out which direction to go. I would like to polish lightly but not grind(not to expose the aggregate) and acid stain in a red sienna stain. And then polyurethane the floor with a bit a shark bite to be less slippery.

grinded to show aggregate
then stained
then polished and sealed

matttheboatman 02-12-2016 06:24 PM

I finally found the perfect garage for me! Saw this at the Miami Boat Show Yesterday :)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...21885dd8c.jpeg

16'991GT3 02-12-2016 06:36 PM

That's pretty sweet! I would love to do something like that in the future.

CAlexio 02-12-2016 08:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I didn't realize mobile garages were allowed...

porscheflat6 02-13-2016 08:31 AM

Wow that is awesome!