991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

picture of your garage

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 10:42 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,792 Likes on 2,194 Posts

^ Sorry to clutter up the thread guys. This is a time of year that seems suited to considering one's values, where we've been, and where we want to go in the coming year and beyond, and seeing all these dreamy garages can get the wheels turning in one's head more than I would have guessed.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:44 AM
williambnj
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
My attached garage is full now, waiting for final permits to have the 10 car detached built. Township zoning is having trouble understanding why I need a garage with full bathroom, heat/ac, bar, etc .

Hopefully it's done before my GT3 RS and Viper ACR extreme get here. All DDs get stuck outside.
Awesome garage, where in NJ are you? I'm in Bergen County and will soon be renovating my home/adding some garage space so I better check into the zoning however my neighbor has a detached garage with some beautiful turn of the century cars. Right now I only have 2 car garage with my wife's Cayenne Turbo taking up one spot and my Scuderia the other... my DD is an Audi S6 and it sits outside. I am probably going to store the Scuderia in Hawthorne but I hate to have it out of my sight! (Just love looking at it when I get home!) Right now my house is a raised ranch so the ceiling is extremely low and no way I can put in a lift.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:48 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by diverzeusy
I should really rip out the drivers seat, get one of those carbon gts captains seats that swivel like in a SUV bus thing.
As it is i sort of wriggle and swivel round to get both legs out. then drag myself to my feet using a handle screwed to the wall for this purpose all with the door only 12 inches open.
supose i could use the sunroof
Tell me this building you park your car in was never suppose to be a car garage? Sounds like a big shed to me.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:13 PM
BrandonH
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default NJMP Trackside Garages

The new generation of 'garage condos' is a great innovation. Dispenses with all the grief related to zoning, solves the security and accessibility issues, and in the case of places like NJMP, is based on a motorsports campus.

I posted interior pix earlier, but here is exterior from the air (giant WWII airfield right next door) plus a shot from facility entrance and from garage balcony toward track...

second phase of garages just went on sale

http://www.njmp.com/real-estate/
Attached Images    
Old 12-29-2015, 03:37 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2race
I live in a town in SJ that won't approve any garage additions with running water. They have strict guidelines because they don't want the garages to become "living spaces" rented etc. the rules in our town are crazy. We also can't build a 4 car garage with new construction the max is a 3 car garage.

I attended a zoning meeting for a small addition to my house and there was a resident trying to gain approval to build a freestanding 6 car garage and they wouldn't grant him approval until he could prove that the garage wasn't visible from the street or by any neighbors. He had a 9k square foot house on 4 acres. He ended up having to add $40k in landscaping to block one neighbors view of a small portion of the garage in the winter months when the trees were bare. The neighbor wrote a letter saying the garage plans didn't bother them at all and he was in favor of his neighbor's proposed garage and the zoning committee still required the landscaping.

good luck with your build.
Yeah, the issue is the "living space and possibly renting it out". We will have to go with 3 doors it looks like and not 4. I just want to move some of my other cars out of my warehouse as I have limited time to go there and switch cars.

Originally Posted by carcommander
I hired someone to get my detached garage approved.
I did, don't have the time to manage the township clowns myself. My builder seems to have a clever solution. He will build a 40' in length and 6' high brick wall attaching it to my home, which would replace a privacy fence currently in between. Then we will build a tunnel from my basement to the detached garage, due to the elevation of my home it is feasible. Zoning officer said this should work.

Originally Posted by williambnj
Awesome garage, where in NJ are you? I'm in Bergen County and will soon be renovating my home/adding some garage space so I better check into the zoning however my neighbor has a detached garage with some beautiful turn of the century cars. Right now I only have 2 car garage with my wife's Cayenne Turbo taking up one spot and my Scuderia the other... my DD is an Audi S6 and it sits outside. I am probably going to store the Scuderia in Hawthorne but I hate to have it out of my sight! (Just love looking at it when I get home!) Right now my house is a raised ranch so the ceiling is extremely low and no way I can put in a lift.
I am in Hunterdon County, my best friend lives in Bergen and has the same issues with his home there. I would not want my Scud far away either.

On the education issue, I strongly believe that it is much easier with a formal high level education than without. However, there are always exceptions.

As with everything it depends on your outlook. If $250K a year makes one comfortable that is great. I know for me, that couldn't cover my wife's Amex bill. She is one with a closet full of Birkins.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:06 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
On the education issue, I strongly believe that it is much easier with a formal high level education than without. However, there are always exceptions.

As with everything it depends on your outlook. If $250K a year makes one comfortable that is great. I know for me, that couldn't cover my wife's Amex bill. She is one with a closet full of Birkins.
And then you have the .001% haha - Hedge Fund manager?
Old 12-29-2015, 04:24 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
... - Hedge Fund manager?
or.. a doctor who likes to drive quickly. (but that would be too obvious)
Old 12-29-2015, 05:46 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

FYI all that one percent and .1% data is massively flawed as it doesn't include capital gain income.

Nice garages, carry on
Old 12-29-2015, 05:52 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
And then you have the .001% haha - Hedge Fund manager?
Sure glad that I don't have one of those wives, my wallet is way too faint for it. I'd be nice to bring in a 7+ figure annual income but I'm fortunate to have two good income producing jobs and being able to juggle both (my 2nd job is my wife...just brings in income without AMEX bills which pays for the toys).
Old 12-29-2015, 05:59 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Sure glad that I don't have one of those wives, my wallet is way too faint for it. I'd be nice to bring in a 7+ figure annual income but I'm fortunate to have two good income producing jobs and being able to juggle both (my 2nd job is my wife...just brings in income without AMEX bills which pays for the toys).
Old 12-29-2015, 08:13 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,204 Likes on 2,716 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
or.. a doctor who likes to drive quickly. (but that would be too obvious)
Unfortunately, docs aren't the ones making money in medicine. We'd be better off if they were.

Carry on.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:16 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Unfortunately, docs aren't the ones making money in medicine. We'd be better off if they were.
This ^^
Old 12-29-2015, 08:23 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d

Carry on.
No you're missing the point.. He asked if fastmd was in banking and let him know his name "fastmd" was a doctor who likes to drive fast. Wasn't talking ab his earning potential :-)
Old 12-29-2015, 08:30 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,204 Likes on 2,716 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
No you're missing the point.. He asked if fastmd was in banking and let him know his name "fastmd" was a doctor who likes to drive fast. Wasn't talking ab his earning potential :-)
No, I got it. Just venting a little.

Never mind me. Let's see more garages.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:05 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Msmatt
Luv2Race,

That 993 is such a great p-car! A couple years ago I was looking to get a 964RSA right as they began to run up. (not understanding they were on a rocket up) So instead, I found an Aerokit 1 993 (The closest thing to an RSA only in a 993) and threw on a set of RS NOS wheels inspired by your blue beast. I know its not PTS like yours, but do love the narrow body w/ the tail. Congrats on the new RS!

Thanks your car looks great.

The reason I'm following this thread is I'm in the early stages of refurbishing the freestanding two car garage that came with the 100 year old Victorian I just purchased. Some of the garages posted on here are really nice, make that the vast majority.

Quick Reply: picture of your garage