Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   picture of your garage (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/899286-picture-of-your-garage.html)

Matt-R20 12-27-2015 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by llstuey (Post 12876757)
Nice - is that a mint green 991?

Thanks, its a Signal Green, one of the 10 PTS Signal greens from 2015.

fastmd 12-27-2015 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My attached garage is full now, waiting for final permits to have the 10 car detached built. Township zoning is having trouble understanding why I need a garage with full bathroom, heat/ac, bar, etc :banghead:.

Hopefully it's done before my GT3 RS and Viper ACR extreme get here. All DDs get stuck outside.

kfmcmahon 12-27-2015 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by fastmd (Post 12877848)
My attached garage is full now, waiting for final permits to have the 10 car detached built. Township zoning is having trouble understanding why I need a garage with full bathroom, heat/ac, bar, etc :banghead:.

Hopefully it's done before my GT3 RS and Viper ACR extreme get here. All DDs get stuck outside.

wow, nice!
fast md----gotta be plastics?

jlee504 12-27-2015 09:51 PM

Now thats variety!

Jeff

fastmd 12-27-2015 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon (Post 12877924)
wow, nice!
fast md----gotta be plastics?

No, Critical Care/Pulmonology.

But, for the past 15 years I have been in the Pharma industry. I am currently the Chief Medical Officer/President of R&D for a large international public Pharma company.

fastmd 12-27-2015 10:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jlee504 (Post 12877966)
Now thats variety!

Jeff

Thanks, really loving the Mclaren 650s. It is a lot more car than the GT3, but it is an unfair to compare them due to $$.

FFaust 12-27-2015 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tends to get cluttered during the winter.

luv2race 12-27-2015 10:42 PM

I live in a town in SJ that won't approve any garage additions with running water. They have strict guidelines because they don't want the garages to become "living spaces" rented etc. the rules in our town are crazy. We also can't build a 4 car garage with new construction the max is a 3 car garage.

I attended a zoning meeting for a small addition to my house and there was a resident trying to gain approval to build a freestanding 6 car garage and they wouldn't grant him approval until he could prove that the garage wasn't visible from the street or by any neighbors. He had a 9k square foot house on 4 acres. He ended up having to add $40k in landscaping to block one neighbors view of a small portion of the garage in the winter months when the trees were bare. The neighbor wrote a letter saying the garage plans didn't bother them at all and he was in favor of his neighbor's proposed garage and the zoning committee still required the landscaping.

good luck with your build.

carcommander 12-27-2015 10:46 PM

I hired someone to get my detached garage approved.

luv2race 12-27-2015 11:06 PM

Had a 12c and drove the 650s

I owned a Mac 12c and it was a great car and the 650s is even better. I had a chance to drive the 650 at Monticello during the McLaren US launch but I was behind a McLaren owner who had a beautiful racing suit, McLaren logo helmet , and some sweet driving shoes unfortunately we were not allowed to pass and his driving skill didn't quite measure up to his really sharp driving apparel. My McLaren factory driver/partner eventually let me pull over and wait for the track to clear and we did get a half a lap at a more respectable speed and the car was just incredible.

abcut973 12-27-2015 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by bovien (Post 12868360)
It is ;-)

My DD

Epic car! Reminds me of my teenage years. Every kids wanted one!

mooty 12-28-2015 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by carcommander (Post 12878089)
I hired someone to get my detached garage approved.

LOL, i like your strategy

R.Deacon 12-28-2015 01:18 AM

private property ownership in many places = just custodian to rule book run by town hall

not like this new info for the Garagemahall crowd

NJRickD 12-28-2015 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by luv2race (Post 12878076)
I live in a town in SJ that won't approve any garage additions with running water. They have strict guidelines because they don't want the garages to become "living spaces" rented etc. the rules in our town are crazy. We also can't build a 4 car garage with new construction the max is a 3 car garage.

I attended a zoning meeting for a small addition to my house and there was a resident trying to gain approval to build a freestanding 6 car garage and they wouldn't grant him approval until he could prove that the garage wasn't visible from the street or by any neighbors. He had a 9k square foot house on 4 acres. He ended up having to add $40k in landscaping to block one neighbors view of a small portion of the garage in the winter months when the trees were bare. The neighbor wrote a letter saying the garage plans didn't bother them at all and he was in favor of his neighbor's proposed garage and the zoning committee still required the landscaping.

good luck with your build.

Sounds like Haddonfield or Morrestown? I'm in the area as well but haven't ever had the pleasure of seeing that 993 around town. I guess it really is a garage queen!

Mlbraptor 12-28-2015 11:14 AM

You guy's are making me wish I studied harder in school....