Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   picture of your garage (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/899286-picture-of-your-garage.html)

Kobalt 10-21-2015 04:37 PM


Originally Posted by Serge944 (Post 12689831)
You're the second person to recommend those. Another guy, bbwyu, from my McLaren forum has had success with these on his 12C.

The built in units have their own appeal, of course (at a cost), and it sure is nice to get the car to shoulder level so you don't have to work bent over.

Seth - how would you rate the stability of the quickjack? Would you feel comfortable cranking on the centerlocks, for example?

Do you think that the QuickJack will work with the lifting points on 911's?

Kobalt 10-21-2015 04:42 PM


Originally Posted by Kobalt (Post 12689975)
Do you think that the QuickJack will work with the lifting points on 911's?

Answering myself:

From QuickJack web site:

"What is the difference between the BL-5000 and BL-5000XL?
The BL-5000XL offers a wider range of rubber block placement to better accommodate OEM lifting points."


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...b064b9856f.png

Seth Thomas 10-21-2015 04:51 PM


Originally Posted by Serge944 (Post 12689831)
You're the second person to recommend those. Another guy, bbwyu, from my McLaren forum has had success with these on his 12C.

The built in units have their own appeal, of course (at a cost), and it sure is nice to get the car to shoulder level so you don't have to work bent over.

Seth - how would you rate the stability of the quickjack? Would you feel comfortable cranking on the centerlocks, for example?

Yes I would feel comfortable with it. We used them a lot to change transmissions or motors on the F30 BMWs. They were always stable and the crew guys preferred them over jack stands any day of the week.

We did not use them on the Cayman because the length of units wouldn't fit between the wheelbase of the 987 Cayman. The smaller version BL-3500 will fit between it though.

Mech33 10-21-2015 06:55 PM


Originally Posted by Serge944 (Post 12689580)
Mech33 - that lift is super slick. Is this an off the shelf item or a custom fab job?

Slick indeed! I much preferred them disappearing into the floor allowing me to only use it when needed, and still fit cars side-by-side with no posts in the way.

These particular lifts are a standard Chinese brand called Ever-Eternal, model EE-6503. The exclusive US importer of the lifts is now Holden Engineering, and they're $3,199 retail + shipping, plus the cost of the concrete work to build the cavity in your floor. http://hei-lifts.com/prod01.htm

There are many other scissor lifts out there, including some that are designed to sit above ground (but low profile) such as the Bendpak SP-7X: http://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/spe...fts/sp-7x.aspx

http://www.bendpak.com/SP-7X-With-Car.png

bbs993tt 10-22-2015 02:25 AM


Originally Posted by 16'991GT3 (Post 12689839)
Anybody know the general range it would cost to build a detached two car garage or one car garage high enough to put a lift to fit two cars?

All depends on what you want to put in it. If you're just talking about a foundation, four walls and a roof, I'm guessing you could do that for somewhere around $100/sf. It starts piling up once you start adding things like bathroom, hvac, lifts, etc.

montoya 10-22-2015 03:01 AM

4 Attachment(s)
More GT3 content than Garage, but fun anyways:

Outside stand alone 3 car with loft:
Attachment 984294

Inside cheap Ikea cabinets (but they work!) with cheap and durable Ikea butcher block top:
Attachment 984295
Attachment 984296

alaint101 10-22-2015 08:07 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Rebuilt the old (1868) carriage house that had been under attack by termites. It now has central heat with air exchanger to manage humidity and fumes, running water, etc. It was designed to fit 6 cars on the floor or 8 with lifts with a 6" reinforced concrete floor and 12' ceiling.

Pics mostly from build three years ago, except for the last one, which is two weeks old and, hence, a little more dirty...

MileHigh911 10-22-2015 12:31 PM

Now that is a GARAGE!!!!!

16'991GT3 10-22-2015 01:52 PM


Originally Posted by bbs993tt (Post 12691342)
All depends on what you want to put in it. If you're just talking about a foundation, four walls and a roof, I'm guessing you could do that for somewhere around $100/sf. It starts piling up once you start adding things like bathroom, hvac, lifts, etc.

Thanks for the info, that doesn't seem too bad, building a house that comes with a three car garage unfortunately not enough to fit all the necessary cars so might need to build a stand alone garage afterwards

rey 10-22-2015 02:15 PM

Wow that carriage house garage is something else.

alaint101 10-22-2015 02:42 PM


Originally Posted by 16'991GT3
Anybody know the general range it would cost to build a detached two car garage or one car garage high enough to put a lift to fit two cars?

As someone said, it starts at about $100/sq.ft. And climbs beyond that. Mine was about 2x that.

VECCA 10-22-2015 03:45 PM


Originally Posted by rey (Post 12692343)
Wow that carriage house garage is something else.

Amazing garage!

drdonger 10-22-2015 06:09 PM


Originally Posted by alaint101 (Post 12691535)
Rebuilt the old (1868) carriage house that had been under attack by termites. It now has central heat with air exchanger to manage humidity and fumes, running water, etc. It was designed to fit 6 cars on the floor or 8 with lifts with a 6" reinforced concrete floor and 12' ceiling.

Pics mostly from build three years ago, except for the last one, which is two weeks old and, hence, a little more dirty...

Very nice!

alaint101 10-22-2015 06:50 PM

Thanks all. I put a lot of sweat equity into it. You're comments mean a lot.

Wifey calls it my man cave. I might be spending more time in the cave than in the house these days... :)

STG 10-22-2015 06:52 PM


Originally Posted by rey
Wow that carriage house garage is something else.

It's a house that garages cars! Amazing space and project :thumbup:


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 04:00 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands