Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   picture of your garage (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/899286-picture-of-your-garage.html)

Kobalt 10-20-2015 07:29 AM


Originally Posted by AC SATCO (Post 12685745)
GET READY TO DROOL BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPPER EAST SIDE OF MANHATTAN $550 PER CAR PER MONTH (I KEEP MACAN AND GTS-4 currently,GT3 is gone and RS will NOT stay there, no way!!!!) HAD TO WAIT A YEAR TO GET IN AND.....DRUM ROLL....................................................

Lol

Not worse than my garage but definitely more expensive!

alaint101 10-20-2015 07:53 AM


Originally Posted by Streetking (Post 12683598)
I have a warehouse at my office where I keep my track cars, trailers and I rotate cars from there . My main Garage holds 8, has a bar area, sitting area and bathroom. I have a 3 car garage for my daily drivers..

:bowdown:

RDH 10-20-2015 08:16 AM


Originally Posted by Streetking (Post 12683598)
I have a warehouse at my office where I keep my track cars, trailers and I rotate cars from there . My main Garage holds 8, has a bar area, sitting area and bathroom. I have a 3 car garage for my daily drivers..

what type of flooring is that? Looks like an epoxy type....like it...I've been through so many different flooring's over the years....I need something new again....that red pontiac is sweet......:cool:

Streetking 10-20-2015 09:06 AM


Originally Posted by RDH (Post 12685796)
what type of flooring is that? Looks like an epoxy type....like it...I've been through so many different flooring's over the years....I need something new again....that red pontiac is sweet......:cool:

Thanks, it's a epoxy coating. I friend of mine from high school has a company that does this. I have it in my daily garage as well with no issues and we built the house a year ago today.

Shivatron 10-20-2015 10:37 AM


Originally Posted by mooty (Post 12685603)
i like the green trim outside never seen pine wall, interesting.
u will love lista, i have a bunch.
cant make out the bike, i see dura ace (di2?), front hub looks like C King?

Good eye. Ride for a Cannondale sponsored team, so...

Road: Evo Black, DA 9000 mechanical with DA SRM, Enve 3.4s on Kings
CX: SuperX disc, custom Calfee conversion to Di2 with another DA SRM (I had one left over from my old bike), HED Ardennes Disc tubeless
MTB: Scalpel carbon, XTR, Enve MTB tubeless with DT 240s

k997 10-20-2015 02:52 PM


Originally Posted by AC SATCO
GET READY TO DROOL BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UPPER EAST SIDE OF MANHATTAN
$550 PER CAR PER MONTH (I KEEP MACAN AND GTS-4 currently,GT3 is gone and RS will NOT stay there, no way!!!!)
HAD TO WAIT A YEAR TO GET IN
LITERALLY, MY LAST 3 GT3'S HAD TO HAVE TO THE LIFT IN ORDER TO GET INTO THE GARAGE, I PARKED ELSEWHERE PRIOR
AND.....DRUM ROLL....................................................

I never could understand owning these cars when parked (or driven) in NYC. I don't know how you do it but I wouldn't be able to sleep at night parking any of your cars in a NYC garage.

sunnyr 10-21-2015 02:52 AM


Originally Posted by Shivatron (Post 12684638)
Recently bought a house and just finished re-doing the original garage (circa 1940s). Insulated, air conditioned, pine walls, epoxy floors. Lista cabinets coming in the next month.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/727/2...42b5fc_k_d.jpg

Love the rustic look.

My tiny one -

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...77b7c1ec44.jpg


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...dac93d8822.jpg

Mech33 10-21-2015 01:31 PM

Sorry, my pretty pictures don't have the GT3 parked inside...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...finished_1.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...finished_4.JPG

And here I am doing the AP rotors + Ferodo pad swap last weekend:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._brake_job.JPG

abcut973 10-21-2015 02:08 PM


Originally Posted by Mech33 (Post 12689464)
Sorry, my pretty pictures don't have the GT3 parked inside...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...finished_1.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...finished_4.JPG

And here I am doing the AP rotors + Ferodo pad swap last weekend:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._brake_job.JPG

Wow that's the kind of lift I need in mine. Nice! :thumbup:

Serge944 10-21-2015 02:12 PM

Mech33 - that lift is super slick. Is this an off the shelf item or a custom fab job?

Nurburger 10-21-2015 03:24 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Before (when we bought the house):
Attachment 1202706
Attachment 1202707

After (2 months later):
Attachment 1202708
Attachment 1202709
Attachment 1202710
Attachment 1202711
Attachment 1202712

Seth Thomas 10-21-2015 03:37 PM


Originally Posted by Serge944 (Post 12689580)
Mech33 - that lift is super slick. Is this an off the shelf item or a custom fab job?

This is not the same lift used in the OP"s garage but this is one we used on the race team this year with lots of success. We used the Quickjack 5000 on the BMWs all year in the paddock. The crew guys raved about them since we weren't allowed to use airjacks on the cars. Check these out if you are interested in a quick easy jack to have in the garage. I think I could even get a group buy on these started if there is enough interest.

http://www.quickjack.com/products/qu...-capacity.html

Serge944 10-21-2015 03:47 PM


Originally Posted by Seth Thomas (Post 12689795)
This is not the same lift used in the OP"s garage but this is one we used on the race team this year with lots of success. We used the Quickjack 5000 on the BMWs all year in the paddock. The crew guys raved about them since we weren't allowed to use airjacks on the cars. Check these out if you are interested in a quick easy jack to have in the garage. I think I could even get a group buy on these started if there is enough interest.

http://www.quickjack.com/products/qu...-capacity.html

You're the second person to recommend those. Another guy, bbwyu, from my McLaren forum has had success with these on his 12C.

The built in units have their own appeal, of course (at a cost), and it sure is nice to get the car to shoulder level so you don't have to work bent over.

Seth - how would you rate the stability of the quickjack? Would you feel comfortable cranking on the centerlocks, for example?

16'991GT3 10-21-2015 03:48 PM

Anybody know the general range it would cost to build a detached two car garage or one car garage high enough to put a lift to fit two cars?

lax01 10-21-2015 03:57 PM

Ahh....city life. We do have a row of Porsches in our garage now

http://i.imgur.com/EEmbp3Ph.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TH8vNurh.jpg

A private garage would be really, really nice


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 07:04 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands