Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   picture of your garage (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/899286-picture-of-your-garage.html)

German_Saint 12-03-2015 10:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How does Steely Dan- Babylon Sisters sound? it's the std for a lot of my FOH friends.

Dr. G 12-03-2015 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by German_Saint (Post 12811796)
How does Steely Dan- Babylon Sisters sound? it's the std for a lot of my FOH friends.

Sounds great - so does Hey, Nineteen. That whole album is top notch, sound wise.

doubleurx 12-03-2015 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by osu s2k (Post 12808913)
I plan on acid staining and urethaning my concrete floors, i personally like the look better than tiles....durability has yet to be determined

That will be beautiful, but very slippery when wet.

shonuf 12-03-2015 11:44 PM

Awesome garages and cars. Thanks for sharing.

lax01 12-04-2015 02:19 AM

Good....Christ...that 2 channel setup

What's your home theater look like?

mhollack 12-04-2015 03:39 AM

Congratulations to all you with your wonderful cars and garages. Truly inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Haku 12-04-2015 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. G (Post 12811758)
Well, in physical terms, yes - however...

...the way the room is treated and with the level of resolution of the system the wall disappear, acoustically speaking. The speakers (KEF Blade 2) are designed so that all the drives act as a point source. Everything in the room was positioned with a fluke laser distance measure and the room was acoustically analyzed and designed by acoustician Jeff Hedback. When music is playing the speakers can't be localized. Sound seemingly develops far behind the front wall and outside the boundaries of the side walls. Instruments/vocalists exist in discrete areas of the sound field as if performers are standing in specific areas of the stage.

I'm lucky to be working with a friend in the audio business who happens to be a dealer for KEF, Theta and Aesthetix (along with some other great gear) I get to be a dentist in my real life and help him with his audio business in my spare time. I'm lucky to have Stereophile's product of the year (Blade 2) and one of the highest rated amplifiers Stereophile has reviewed (Theta Prometheus) along with the Aesthetix Pandora Eclipse in the room. The NOS Amperex and Mullard tubes in the DAC aren't hurting things either ;)

Sorry to the OP for being slightly OT. I regularly listen to music in a custom music room which has Wilson Alexandria XLF speakers and other audiophile dream equipment. Love your setup. Sending you a PM.

AudiOn19s 12-04-2015 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Money2536 (Post 12808357)
I have spilled quite a bit of oil. All I did was pull up the tile and wipe underneath.

Cleaning Underneath Swisstrax Flooring - YouTube

I'm really interested in going this route but I've always been concerned about how these tiles and their interaction with the use of jacks and jack stands. Seems like it might cause the Jack to not roll very well under load and would cause difficulty finding a level and solid surface for a stand to sit on. Is that a valid concern or no?

osu s2k 12-04-2015 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by doubleurx (Post 12811814)
That will be beautiful, but very slippery when wet.

yeah, i was thinking of adding some shark bite or similar product for antislip....

Billy Wyatt 12-04-2015 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt (Post 12805083)
[ATTACH]
[/ATTACH]Partial view room for 5.

[QUOTE=

Money2536 12-04-2015 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s (Post 12812566)
I'm really interested in going this route but I've always been concerned about how these tiles and their interaction with the use of jacks and jack stands. Seems like it might cause the Jack to not roll very well under load and would cause difficulty finding a level and solid surface for a stand to sit on. Is that a valid concern or no?

I haven't had any issues. I have some cheapo harbor freight jacks. Click to 6:00.

Dr. G 12-04-2015 10:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by lax01 (Post 12812247)
Good....Christ...that 2 channel setup

What's your home theater look like?

I actually don't have one at the moment, although my friend has built some of the nicest theaters in our area. Theta makes a great processor and he also works with DataSat. As a musician myself, I'd rather sit and listen to music than watch movies. Or play this thing, which is sitting downstairs...

Attachment 1202612

Attachment 1202613

goin2drt 12-04-2015 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s (Post 12812566)

Go with Swisstrax like Money. Do not do RaceDeck. I did Racedeck and the jack wheels indent the tiles and have not bounced back. Also RD looks like crap after only a few months. I have tried every cleaner I can and it just doesn't ever look like new. It is very dull, simple things like water spots don't come up easily etc etc.

The other issue with RD. Look at the edge in Money's garage. It is tight against the wall. Mine you have to have a 1/2 gap all the way around because it expands and contracts A LOT. I am talking from temps of 65 to 95, nothing crazy. If I installed mine like Money, which I did at first, the whole floor buckles.

Looked great the first day, now a couple months in, sucks.
Attachment 997653

hughp3 12-04-2015 11:08 AM

^ and to Haku, fantastic!! would love to have a listen some time. I have poor old Magnepan 20.7 and Krell monos with AR front end. Babylon Sisters in 24bit does sound good i must admit. :rockon:

Dr. G 12-04-2015 11:10 AM

I've read the same about RaceDeck. When the time comes I'm going to use SwissTrax. Thanks for the confirmation.