picture of your garage - Page 238 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

picture of your garage

 
Old 01-16-2019, 09:14 PM
  #3556  
sunnyr
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sunnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,142
Default

Originally Posted by jkfuel View Post
Has anyone paid to have their garage ceilings raised to accomodate for the lifts? If so, was it a "big" ordeal?
I did. Cost me around ~ 2k, but...
1. Was done as part of a much bigger whole house remodel (400k), so think the contractor kind of threw it in there...
2. Only raised the ceiling, not the roof. So the ceiling is now stepped with the center part (where the car's greenhouse would go) raised but the fore and aft areas still where it was before (the roof is sloped down towards the fore and aft, so there was no height to raise it without first raising the roof.

sunnyr is online now  
Old 01-16-2019, 09:39 PM
  #3557  
GeoJoe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GeoJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 887
Default

I thought about raising the roof... went with a Quickjack instead.

GeoJoe is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 10:32 PM
  #3558  
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,493
Default

Originally Posted by jkfuel
Has anyone paid to have their garage ceilings raised to accomodate for the lifts? If so, was it a "big" ordeal?
Yes las summer. No fairly straightforward with some research. If you have specific questions I can share my experience with it.
SToronto is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 03:18 AM
  #3559  
awew911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
awew911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,038
Default

Installed mezzanine, and railings. Waiting on LVP flooring and stainless steel wire for railing by end of this week.




awew911 is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 11:36 AM
  #3560  
Yippiekiaye
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Yippiekiaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 918
Default

Very cool! I wish I had the space for that.
Yippiekiaye is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 12:24 PM
  #3561  
Seth Thomas
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cumming, Ga
Posts: 1,845
Default

Originally Posted by awew911 View Post
Been a little busy the past couple days. Garage is 30x55. Mezannine clearance is 10 ft for trailer to fit. Next is paint, stainless cable rail system, and LVP flooring.





Do you know what cable rail system you are going to use? Asking because my company is a distributor of Feeney Cable Rail Systems. We keep almost all the items they sell in stock and ready to ship. If you hit me up with a PM I can get you some pricing on it with a Rennlist discount.
Seth Thomas is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 01:19 PM
  #3562  
[email protected]
Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Tyler@PorscheAtlantaPerimeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 147
Default

This has to be one of my favorite threads on Rennlist. I started my new lighting recently. Now it is time for floors, lift, cabinets, and decorations!

At least I am off to a good start with lighting.

-Tyler
__________________
Tyler Heinzelmann l Certified Porsche Brand Ambassador
Porsche Atlanta Perimeter
4006 Carver Drive Atlanta, GA 30360

Cell: 678-516-5275
[email protected]
https://www.porscheatlantaperimeter.com/

INSTAGRAM:
Heinz_Nation
Tyler@PorscheAtlantaPerimeter is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:36 PM
  #3563  
awew911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
awew911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,038
Default

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas View Post
Do you know what cable rail system you are going to use? Asking because my company is a distributor of Feeney Cable Rail Systems. We keep almost all the items they sell in stock and ready to ship. If you hit me up with a PM I can get you some pricing on it with a Rennlist discount.
Hey Seth. Thank you and I'm not sure what product we're going with. My friend who is a builder is sourcing it and she said we should have it here Friday. I'll find out where she sourced and if there are any delays past Friday, I may PM you. Thanks again for the offer!
awew911 is offline  
Old 01-23-2019, 01:54 PM
  #3564  
vodavoda
User
 
vodavoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 278
Default

Originally Posted by awew911 View Post
Installed mezzanine, and railings. Waiting on LVP flooring and stainless steel wire for railing by end of this week.



I'm in process of a build right now and will have a 20x26 mezzanine. Would you mind sharing some close-ups of your stairs and railing? Also wondering the height under and above the mezzanine?
vodavoda is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 12:56 AM
  #3565  
awew911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
awew911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,038
Default

Originally Posted by vodavoda View Post
I'm in process of a build right now and will have a 20x26 mezzanine. Would you mind sharing some close-ups of your stairs and railing? Also wondering the height under and above the mezzanine?
That's a big mezzanine!

So my unit is 30' wide and the mezzanine is 11 ft deep. The clearance under the mezzanine to clear the trailer is 10'. We used 12' LVL (doubled) to span across the 6x6 posts. The bases are redheaded into the concrete foundation (6" thick with rebar). I'll get you some close ups of the stairs. 17 steps no risers. 5 stringers - 2 stacked on outsides and one in the middle. Stringers for the floor are 12x2 and sitting in buckets. The posts were notched so that they can be part of the rail on top and the LVL's can be set inside them. There are double stacked LVLs in front and also in back with a small 12" cantiliver from them to the header that is bolted into the CMU wall. Due to the max span being 17', we didn't really have to use LVLs and could have gotten away with 12x2 (stacked).

What you see here was completed in 4 days of work (2 days for framing - 1 for posts / finish - 1 for paint).

Hopefully by end of day friday, LVP floor will be installed and 8 stainless steel wires will be put between the posts.

Hope that helps and happy to get you pics of anything specific you are interested in.

Thanks!
awew911 is offline  
Old 01-25-2019, 10:31 AM
  #3566  
dfoster
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 99
Default

I've been following this thread for quit a while. I must say allot of folks on here have some amazing cars & amazing garage space. The creativity has truly inspired me. The Rennlist site has provided hours of learning & reading enjoyment for me.
After a long journey, I'm happy to report I finally took delivery of my GT3RS yesterday. I was sadly one of the victims related to the Shiraaz/Champion Porsche fall out but I must admit, they stepped up and made things right for me. In conclusion to that chapter, I'm glad its over and I'm happy with the outcome. I hope all of the other victims have the same conclusion to report.
So to come full circle with this story, early 2018, I finally broke down and decided to build a new garage for my car to be delivered late 2018, early 2019. Design started in March, 2018, construction began around the middle of June, 2018. I had photos and pic's of things I had collected for years, of which I wanted to somehow incorporate into my space. Yard was an obstacle and compromise had to be made on size. I ultimately decided on a 38'x29' space. I'm subsequently a commercial contractor so allot of thought was put into operating cost, longevity and obviously my taste for appearance. Foundations were probably an over kill but I wanted to make sure things set on a solid footing. Walls were constructed with 2x6 studs @ 16" centers. Front wall was constructed with 2x10 due to the clearstory ribbon window setting directly over the garage doors, hence I wanted to distribute the load to (3) 18" LVL's per door opening. Walls, Floors (elevated desk) & roof framing all have closed cell foam insulation, 5/8" gyp board. Concrete slab is 8" thick reinforced with WWF & fiber. No cracking what's so ever. I highly recommend fiber for those on the fence about it. Floor has been polished and stained to a natural grey concrete finish. Hot water is provided by a tank less hot water unit in a mechanical room below, A little natural stone accent on the exterior, slate roofing, copper gutters, board & batt siding (very affordable) with translucent stain and an exposed concrete driveway.
I'm pleased with the outcome and happy to finally share with the Rennlist community.




dfoster is offline  
Old 01-25-2019, 10:57 AM
  #3567  
bbs993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
bbs993tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,585
Default

Beautiful garage and congrats on it and the car! Both are perfect.
bbs993tt is offline  
Old 01-25-2019, 11:11 AM
  #3568  
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,493
Default

Originally Posted by dfoster View Post
I've been following this thread for quit a while. I must say allot of folks on here have some amazing cars & amazing garage space. The creativity has truly inspired me. The Rennlist site has provided hours of learning & reading enjoyment for me.
After a long journey, I'm happy to report I finally took delivery of my GT3RS yesterday. I was sadly one of the victims related to the Shiraaz/Champion Porsche fall out but I must admit, they stepped up and made things right for me. In conclusion to that chapter, I'm glad its over and I'm happy with the outcome. I hope all of the other victims have the same conclusion to report.
So to come full circle with this story, early 2018, I finally broke down and decided to build a new garage for my car to be delivered late 2018, early 2019. Design started in March, 2018, construction began around the middle of June, 2018. I had photos and pic's of things I had collected for years, of which I wanted to somehow incorporate into my space. Yard was an obstacle and compromise had to be made on size. I ultimately decided on a 38'x29' space. I'm subsequently a commercial contractor so allot of thought was put into operating cost, longevity and obviously my taste for appearance. Foundations were probably an over kill but I wanted to make sure things set on a solid footing. Walls were constructed with 2x6 studs @ 16" centers. Front wall was constructed with 2x10 due to the clearstory ribbon window setting directly over the garage doors, hence I wanted to distribute the load to (3) 18" LVL's per door opening. Walls, Floors (elevated desk) & roof framing all have closed cell foam insulation, 5/8" gyp board. Concrete slab is 8" thick reinforced with WWF & fiber. No cracking what's so ever. I highly recommend fiber for those on the fence about it. Floor has been polished and stained to a natural grey concrete finish. Hot water is provided by a tank less hot water unit in a mechanical room below, A little natural stone accent on the exterior, slate roofing, copper gutters, board & batt siding (very affordable) with translucent stain and an exposed concrete driveway.
I'm pleased with the outcome and happy to finally share with the Rennlist community.
Congrats! That space looks great!

What kind of opener is that?
SToronto is offline  
Old 01-25-2019, 11:22 AM
  #3569  
007DT
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
007DT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 2,916
Default

Wow. What a great space! Obviously well thought out. The floor looks fantastic.
Congrats on the new RS. Love the color combo!
007DT is offline  
Old 01-25-2019, 11:25 AM
  #3570  
morjo02
User
 
morjo02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 312
Default

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3 View Post
Why not just sell the R and keep the Touring? The Touring has a better motor.
nice garage.......

morjo02 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: picture of your garage


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: